WWE women’s tag champion Alexa Bliss recently spoke to BT Sport about the stint of injuries she suffered within the company over the last few years. Bliss reveals that she was unsure she’d even be able to get back into the ring after sustaining multiple concussions, and even says she experienced episodes of dizziness and veritgo.
For being in the company for over seven years now and not having any injuries, and then having this one particular stint of time where it was just back-to-back concussions, it was very scary. Because I didn’t know if I was going to be able to get back in the ring again. I was experiencing really bad vertigo for an extended period of time. All my other symptoms were gone, but if I changed height levels, I would get extremely dizzy. It didn’t go away for a really, really long time, so that’s when I got really concerned.
She later adds how serious WWE is with concussions in the modern era, stating that Chairman Vince McMahon personally contacted her to assure she gets the best treatment.
It really showed me, too, that with concussions they take it very seriously. I had seen a neurologist, a neuropsychologist, an eye doctor, a neurosurgeon. Like, I had seen every single type of doctor you can see about concussions.” She also gives a nod to Vince McMahon. “Vince called me in and he was like ‘We’re going to get you the best of the best, we’re going to make sure you’re okay.
Check out the full interview below. (H/T and transcribed by Pro Wrestling Sheet)
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?
- The Rock Responds To WWE On FOX Asking Fans To Choose Between Him And Steve Austin
- Alexa Bliss Talks About The Women Stars Who Did Bra and Panties Matches: “You’ve Got To Respect That”
- Undertaker Talks Original Vision For Feud With AJ Styles, Finding Out His Brother Had Passed, Filming The Boneyard Match Offsite
- Big News on WWE’s Plans for Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman
- Michael “PS” Hayes Responds to Titus O’Neil Comments from George Floyd Press Conference, Titus Thanks Him
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- JBL and Bubba Ray Dudley on Race and Their Tag Teams, JBL on When Ron Simmons Nixed Storyline Idea
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”