During an interview with D-Von Dudley on the Table Talk Podcast, Lashley talked about the time he, MVP and Kenny King were a part of a stable on Impact called the Beat Down Clan. Lashley ended up winning the Impact title to become the first African American Impact champion, but that honor ended up going to Lashley after MVP was injured.
“We started The Beat Down Clan. It was me, MVP and Kenny King, and the chemistry between the three of us was perfect,” Lashley remarked. “When we first got together, MVP was running the mic. He was running his mouth, and he was going for the title.
“I think it was something where me and Kenny King help him get the title, but MVP goes to the UK and does an independent show. He blows out his knee, and we were already running, so they were like we got to put the title on Bobby. I was like you guys should have saw that from the beginning. It worked out well.”
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?
- The Rock Responds To WWE On FOX Asking Fans To Choose Between Him And Steve Austin
- Alexa Bliss Talks About The Women Stars Who Did Bra and Panties Matches: “You’ve Got To Respect That”
- Undertaker Talks Original Vision For Feud With AJ Styles, Finding Out His Brother Had Passed, Filming The Boneyard Match Offsite
- Big News on WWE’s Plans for Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman
- Michael “PS” Hayes Responds to Titus O’Neil Comments from George Floyd Press Conference, Titus Thanks Him
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- JBL and Bubba Ray Dudley on Race and Their Tag Teams, JBL on When Ron Simmons Nixed Storyline Idea
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”