Above is full video of this week’s WWE Backstage episode on FS1.
The show featured Charlotte Flair as the special guest. She spoke with Renee Young, Paige, and WWE Hall of Famers Mark Henry & Booker T.
Paige asked Flair about her favorite WrestleMania moment and she named her WrestleMania 34 win over Asuka to retain the SmackDown Women’s Title.
Flair said she felt she needed to prove something while being in the ring with Asuka at WrestleMania. She also said she feels like that match took her to the next level of WWE.
“I felt like I had so much to prove,” Flair said of her match with Asuka at WrestleMania 34. “Asuka had this incredible streak and made a name for herself in Japan, and worldwide. Everyone knew I was a good performer but I felt like that night, it took me to the next level, and just carried on from that.”
Flair is set to challenge WWE NXT Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley at WrestleMania 36 this coming weekend. Asuka and partner Kairi Sane will defend their WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles against Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss at WrestleMania 36.
Below is a clip of that Asuka vs. Flair match in 2018 at WrestleMania 34 from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans:
- WWE Reportedly Had Big Plans for Hulk Hogan’s In-Ring Return
- WWE Monday Night RAW Results 5/25/2020
- Bret Hart Reportedly Did Not Get Back to “Dark Side of the Ring” Producers for Owen Hart Episode, Bret on The Hart Foundation
- Alexa Bliss Fires Back At Podcaster For Misogynistic Remarks, WWE Stars Comment
- WWE Files for WCW and Total Divas Trademarks, Abandons Edge Trademark