Doctor Chris Raynor was a recent guest on the Pancakes and Powerslams Show to discuss the injury sustained by former NXT women’s champion Ember Moon, and reveals what he thinks is a timetable that she can return. Highlights from the interview can be found below.
Details about the injury:
General timeline for this type of injury [is] six weeks, whether you operate or not, in a boot, with your foot plantar flex which means your toes pointed down. And that’s going to take tension off of the healing tendon. So that’s six weeks. And then, there’s another, after that, two to six weeks, where we take your foot which is pointed down and slowly get you to get into a flat position and we do that in a surgical boot. So that, right there, that’s another, now we’re up to about twelve weeks. And then, once we can get your foot flat, we can get you in a normal footwear, and then we can do physiotherapy. So, physiotherapy to walk is going to be another four to six weeks to walk properly.
Timetable on Moon’s return and how it will effect her going forward:
And then, for her to actually start training to get back to what she’s doing, now we’re looking at the order of, you know, we’re already out of four months, so six months or more. Six to eight months, right? So, that I think is at the bare minimum, and if you look at studies on athletes who have suffered this injury when they go back to playing their professional sport, so I don’t think they’ve studied this in professional wrestlers, per se, but they have looked at this in basketball players, football players, soccer players. So, athletes who go back to their sport, usually in the first year after they’ve had their injury, their performance is poor, relatively speaking. And it’s not usually until the second year after the injury and they’ve recovered that they start to show like they used to before they were injured.
Check out his full interview below. (Beings at the 8:50 mark)
- Vanessa Borne Promoted To WWE Main Roster, Awaiting Debut
- Cesaro Reveals His Favorite Match He’s Been Involved In
- Chris Jericho Says He Never Had A Problem Working With Ryback, Lists WWE Stars Who Were A Little More Difficult
- Bonus Episode Of Undertaker: Last Ride Coming To WWE Network
- Johnny Gargano Shoots Down Fan Who Says He’s Afraid To Join WWE’s Main Roster
- Drew McIntyre Says He Had To Talk Heath Slater Into Making Raw Appearance: “Mentally He Has Moved On”
- Vince McMahon Reportedly Scraps RAW Title Change Due to Crowd Issue
- Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre React to Slater’s RAW Return, Slater on His Future
- Jim Ross On Why The WWE Signed The Undertaker To A New Fifteen Year Deal
- Rumors on WWE SummerSlam, Evolution 2 and a Possible Debut for Tessa Blanchard
- Rey Mysterio No Longer Under Contract With WWE, Extreme Rules Grudge Match Against Seth Rollins To Be Announced?
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing