Heath Slater recently appeared on the Wrestling Inc Daily podcast and talked about a variety of topics, including the time they were stranded on a plane in Saudi Arabia.
“It’s one of those things where you are there and you know something’s up but you don’t know what’s up,” admitted Slater. “But we all got out okay. I still don’t know the truth. I heard there were mechanical reasons and it was this and it was that. When I was on the plane, I fell asleep for five hours and when I woke up, I looked over at Hawkins. I’m like, ‘Where are we at’ and he says we haven’t even left yet.
“That’s when I was like, ‘What the heck?’ We get off the plane and go over to the hotel. We wait and then get back on the plane and hope that we take off. We do but who knows? I really don’t know.”
There’s a lot of stories going around about what happened that day. Some stories say that they had mechanical issues, but others say there were money issues between Vince McMahon and the Saudi Arabia government. There were over 200 WWE employees affected by the delay.
You can watch the full interview here.
- Bully Ray Talks Infamous Jeff Hardy and Sting TNA Match, Says TNA Made Hardy Apologize When He Returned To The Company
- AEW Fight For The Fallen Results 7/15/2020
- Jon Moxley Retains Over Brian Cage After Taz Throws In The Towel, Darby Allin Returns
- Keith Lee Gets His NXT Title Side Plates, Jeff Hardy Asks Fans To Stop Sending Mail To His House
- WWE NXT Results 7/15/20
- Drew McIntyre Says He Had To Talk Heath Slater Into Making Raw Appearance: “Mentally He Has Moved On”
- Kevin Owens Reportedly Approached Vince McMahon Regarding The Lack Of Medical Masks At The Performance Center
- Chris Jericho Says He Never Had A Problem Working With Ryback, Lists WWE Stars Who Were A Little More Difficult
- New Details on What Happened During Matt Riddle’s WWE SmackDown Debut Segment
- EC3 On Whether He Regrets Signing With WWE, Says He Wishes He Could Have Faced Orton Or Cena, Creative Ideas Pitched and more
- Rey Mysterio No Longer Under Contract With WWE, Extreme Rules Grudge Match Against Seth Rollins To Be Announced?
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?