Impact Wrestling has signed top indie talent Chris Bey.
Impact announced during tonight’s episode that Bey has been officially signed, and will make his official in-ring roster debut soon. Bey recently worked the February 8 and February 9 Impact TV tapings, in a singles match against Damian Drake and an eight-man match. It looks like his official post-signing debut will be the match against Drake.
The 24 year old Bey, who is billed as “The Ultimate Finesser” and from Las Vegas, first worked a few Impact dates in 2018 and 2018. He also appeared on the October 11, 2019 WWE 205 Live episode for a loss to Ariya Daivari, which you can see above. Bey has also worked for ROH, Bar Wrestling, GCW, PCW ULTRA, and others.
It’s an interesting coincidence that Impact announced Bey’s signing on the same day that he was praised by AEW Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes.
Cody hosted a media call earlier today and revealed that he was looking at Bey. Cody made the comments after being asked about AEW possibly bringing in more wrestlers of color in 2020.
“I’ve been doing a deep-dive on YouTube, on a guy named Chris Bey,” Cody said. “He’s a prime example of somebody who could potentially be good for our singles division. We haven’t spoken to him or anything of that nature, but I’m sure this call will have some sort of… he’ll hear about it in some capacity.”
Below is Impact’s Twitter announcement and promo on Bey:
Chris Bey – Ultimate Finesser
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) February 19, 2020
- Vanessa Borne Promoted To WWE Main Roster, Awaiting Debut
- Chris Jericho Says He Never Had A Problem Working With Ryback, Lists WWE Stars Who Were A Little More Difficult
- Matt Hardy Says He’s Concerned WWE Is Putting “Unneeded Pressure” On Jeff Hardy, Talks Addict Angle
- Bonus Episode Of Undertaker: Last Ride Coming To WWE Network
- Charlotte Flair Issues Statement Confirming That She’s Taking Some Time Off, Shares Story About Suffering From Silicone Poisoning
- Drew McIntyre Says He Had To Talk Heath Slater Into Making Raw Appearance: “Mentally He Has Moved On”
- Vince McMahon Reportedly Scraps RAW Title Change Due to Crowd Issue
- Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre React to Slater’s RAW Return, Slater on His Future
- Jim Ross On Why The WWE Signed The Undertaker To A New Fifteen Year Deal
- Rumors on WWE SummerSlam, Evolution 2 and a Possible Debut for Tessa Blanchard
- Rey Mysterio No Longer Under Contract With WWE, Extreme Rules Grudge Match Against Seth Rollins To Be Announced?
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing