On an episode of Jim Cornette’s Drive-Thru, Cornette discussed his feelings towards AEW’s Stadium Stampede match at Double or Nothing. It’s safe to say that Cornette didn’t like the match one bit. He even goes as far as comparing it to someone he hates more than anything, Vince Russo.
Cornette compares Studio Stampede to the worst angle Vince Russo has written: “I almost wanted to apologize to Vince Russo for saying that he produced the worst wrestling I’ve ever seen or heard of after seeing this fucking thing. It was the worst aspects of Money in the Bank without the WWE production talent or budget.”
Cornette claims he will never again watch AEW: “I will never watch this fucking shit again. Fuck all you people. I’m ashamed of Matt Hardy. I’m ashamed of Tony Schiavone. I’m ashamed of Jim Ross for not walking out on this. I’m ashamed of everybody involved in it. And it’s the last time I’ll be fucking watching this horseshit. And Tony Khan can take his sports based presentation and shove it up his fucking ass.”
“They’re all fucking morons for doing this. I’m disappointed in all of them, I don’t want to see them personally again because I’d have to tell them. I don’t want to see them professionally again because I don’t want to see anybody involved in this ever again.”
Cornette then goes on to shame wrestling legend Jim Ross the most. He won’t be talking to him for a long time due to his involvement in the match: “Let’s face it, you know Jim Ross knows, I haven’t talked to him after this, probably won’t talk to him for awhile after this, but he knows this is garbage. There’s two ways to look at this. He signed to do a job so he’s going to do the fucking job and he’s not going to fucking come out and bury the shit on the air. That’s being professional. Or there is being professional enough to go, ‘You know what, I’m not going to ruin my goddamn legacy and my standing as the greatest announcer of the modern era by being remembered for calling this fucking horse drivel.’ And he should go home and fucking apply his many talents to doing his own thing instead of fucking letting these people drag him into the goddamn cesspool.”
- Bully Ray Talks Infamous Jeff Hardy and Sting TNA Match, Says TNA Made Hardy Apologize When He Returned To The Company
- AEW Fight For The Fallen Results 7/15/2020
- Jon Moxley Retains Over Brian Cage After Taz Throws In The Towel, Darby Allin Returns
- Keith Lee Gets His NXT Title Side Plates, Jeff Hardy Asks Fans To Stop Sending Mail To His House
- WWE NXT Results 7/15/20
- Drew McIntyre Says He Had To Talk Heath Slater Into Making Raw Appearance: “Mentally He Has Moved On”
- Kevin Owens Reportedly Approached Vince McMahon Regarding The Lack Of Medical Masks At The Performance Center
- Chris Jericho Says He Never Had A Problem Working With Ryback, Lists WWE Stars Who Were A Little More Difficult
- New Details on What Happened During Matt Riddle’s WWE SmackDown Debut Segment
- EC3 On Whether He Regrets Signing With WWE, Says He Wishes He Could Have Faced Orton Or Cena, Creative Ideas Pitched and more
- Rey Mysterio No Longer Under Contract With WWE, Extreme Rules Grudge Match Against Seth Rollins To Be Announced?
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?