According to Hochi News, New Japan Pro Wrestling superstar Kota Ibushi is suffering from an illness known as Mallory Weiss Syndrome, a painful condition that involves damage to the esophagus and stomach boundary, as well as bleeding from the mucous membrane. Ibushi had previously been pulled from events due to influenza, and new reports state that he will be off the remainder of the New Beginnings tour, including the big events in Sapporo and Osaka.
Ibushi had re-signed a lifetime contract with NJPW last January. His last worked match was the New Year’s Dash event following his string of losses at the two-night WrestleKingdom 14. Most of his tour matches have been re-booked, with CHAOS member Rocky Romero filling in for certain bouts.
View this post on Instagram
Kota Ibushi's illness seems to be far worse than initially thought. According to a report by Hochi News, the Golden Star who missed the NJPW US tour due to influenza, informed on his Twitter that he is suffering from Mallory Weiss syndrome, a condition in which the boundary between the esophagus and the stomach is damaged, and the mucous membrane is vertically torn and bleeding. Repeated vomiting can increase abdominal pressure, causing strong pressure on the mucous membrane from the lower esophagus to near the entrance to the stomach. It is expected that Ibushi, who had just renewed his contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling on January 18th, will miss the remainder of the New Beginning tour, which runs until February 9th, including “THE NEW BEGINNING in SAPPORO” and “THE NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA” shows. Link: headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200127-01270037-sph-fight #getwellsoonIbushi #TheNewBeginning #njnbg #KotaIbushi #GoldenStar #NJoA #NewBeginningUSA #njnbgusa #WrestleKingdom14 #njwk14 #DoubleGoldDash #G1Climax29 #Winner #GoldenLovers #DDTpro #NJPWworld #NJPW #newjapanprowrestling #新日本プロレス #IWGP #strongstyle #aew #wwe #puroresu #Japan 🗾 #prowrestling #プロレス #飯伏幸太
— 飯伏 幸太 (@ibushi_kota) January 26, 2020
- Drew McIntyre Says He Had To Talk Heath Slater Into Making Raw Appearance: “Mentally He Has Moved On”
- Rumors on WWE SummerSlam, Evolution 2 and a Possible Debut for Tessa Blanchard
- New Details on What Happened During Matt Riddle’s WWE SmackDown Debut Segment
- Chris Jericho Says He Never Had A Problem Working With Ryback, Lists WWE Stars Who Were A Little More Difficult
- Kevin Owens Reportedly Approached Vince McMahon Regarding The Lack Of Medical Masks At The Performance Center
- Rey Mysterio No Longer Under Contract With WWE, Extreme Rules Grudge Match Against Seth Rollins To Be Announced?
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury