As is the norm lately, several last minute changes were made to Monday Night Raw this week.
The match between Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler was originally advertised as a WWE title match. The plan was to have Randy Orton come out and challenge McIntyre to a match at SummerSlam last week, however, the segment ended up being scrapped. The WWE felt that it would take away from the Ziggler and McIntyre title match this week if they were already promoting McIntyre’s next title defense against Orton.
Sometime between tapings they changed their minds and decided to have Orton come out this week and go through with the challenge for SummerSlam. Orton challenged McIntyre directly and made no reference to Ziggler as a possible opponent. The decision was made to make the match between McIntyre and Ziggler a non-title match so that the focus stayed on the SummerSlam match.
Also changed, Asuka was originally set to feud with whoever took out Kairi Sane to set up a SummerSlam match for the WWE Women’s title. In the end, WWE decided to use Sane’s beatdown as a way for Asuka to lose the Raw Women’s title without being pinned. While Bayley was the one who took out Sane backstage, Sasha Banks won the title from Asuka.
- Full Details on New WWE President & CFO Nick Khan’s Contract – Pay, Company Benefits, More
- Sammy Guevara Reportedly Used Wrong Chair on Matt Hardy In AEW Dynamite Spot, Matt Lashes Out on Twitter
- WWE Producer Pat Buck Posts Message for Those Who Don’t Know About His Career
- AEW Star No Longer on Twitter After Criticism from Fans
- The Rock Responds to Daniel Bryan’s Tweet About a Possible Match
- Arn Anderson Says He Knew Horsewomen Would Be Stars, Questions WWE’s “Idiot” Choice To Have Charlotte Lose Her Raw Debut
- Hornswoggle On The Longest He’s Ever Spent Hiding Under A Ring
- XFL Creditors File Motion Objecting to Purchase By The Rock and His Partners
- Chris Jericho Reveals That The Dark Order’s John Silver and Alex Reynolds Have Officially Signed AEW Contracts
- Update On Matt Hardy Getting Busted Open On AEW Dynamite
- Adam Cole Storms Out of Pat McAfee Interview After Incident
- WWE RAW Superstar Ties the Knot This Week
- IMPACT Notes: Update On Aces & Eights, Rumor Killer On Rusev, ECW Legend At Tapings and more
- Jon Moxley Talks WWE Handing Wrestlers Scripted Promos, Calls Vince McMahon A Madman
- Rusev Already Banned from Streaming on Twitch