New Japan Pro Wrestling issued the following press release announcing that MLW superstar “Filthy” Tom Lawlor will be making his promotional debut on this Friday’s episode of Lion’s Break Collision, where the former world champion will battle NJPW regular Rocky Romero. Lawlor’s appearance on the show was revealed during the secret tapings back in June, with MLW teasing it as an inner-promotional agreement. Check out the details below.
An immense main event and an sees an immense debut this week as ‘Filthy’ Tom Lawlor steps in an NJPW ring for the first time. When competing in the UFC, Lawlor was not shy about expressing his love for professional wrestling with his charismatic and colourful presentation, easily backed up with skilfull violence in the cage. When he moved from eight sides to four, Lawlor found quick success in the major League Wrestling promotion, holding its heavyweight championship for five months in 2019. With submission artistry, confident aggression and an intense competitive nature, it should come as no surprise that Lawlor would find his way to New Japan Pro-Wrestling.
Standing opposite him will be Rocky Romero. One of NJPW’s most decorated junior heavyweights, Romero now has to face heavyweight competition in singles action on Collision; but don’t paint Mr. Azucar as the underdog. Romero is an accomplished jiujitsu artist in his own right, and was originally tempered in the original Antonio Inoki ran L.A. Dojo. There, Romero would recall an environment where one never knew what test was coming next. Trainees were constantly being kept on their toes not just by a rising generation of fellow trainees that became the top wrestling stars of the last two decades, but also by some of the toughest MMA fighters of their own generation. Expect a hard fought mat battle in our main event.
- WWE Producer Pat Buck Posts Message for Those Who Don’t Know About His Career
- Full Details on New WWE President & CFO Nick Khan’s Contract – Pay, Company Benefits, More
- Sammy Guevara Reportedly Used Wrong Chair on Matt Hardy In AEW Dynamite Spot, Matt Lashes Out on Twitter
- AEW Star No Longer on Twitter After Criticism from Fans
- The Rock Responds to Daniel Bryan’s Tweet About a Possible Match
- Arn Anderson Says He Knew Horsewomen Would Be Stars, Questions WWE’s “Idiot” Choice To Have Charlotte Lose Her Raw Debut
- Hornswoggle On The Longest He’s Ever Spent Hiding Under A Ring
- XFL Creditors File Motion Objecting to Purchase By The Rock and His Partners
- Chris Jericho Reveals That The Dark Order’s John Silver and Alex Reynolds Have Officially Signed AEW Contracts
- Update On Matt Hardy Getting Busted Open On AEW Dynamite
- Adam Cole Storms Out of Pat McAfee Interview After Incident
- WWE RAW Superstar Ties the Knot This Week
- IMPACT Notes: Update On Aces & Eights, Rumor Killer On Rusev, ECW Legend At Tapings and more
- Jon Moxley Talks WWE Handing Wrestlers Scripted Promos, Calls Vince McMahon A Madman
- Rusev Already Banned from Streaming on Twitch