The National Wrestling Alliance issued the following press release announcing that David Lagana has resigned as the promotion’s Vice President due to recent sexual assault allegations made by indie wrestler Liz Savage. Production of all NWA content will be halted until their executive management positions are refilled.
They write, “Pursuant to allegations made by pro wrestler Liz Savage on her Twitter account, 6/18/2020, NWA VP David Lagana has resigned his position, effective immediately. As well all production of NWA content is temporarily halted, pending a restructuring of executive management positions.”
Pursuant to allegations made by pro wrestler Liz Savage on her Twitter account, 6/18/2020, NWA VP David Lagana has resigned his position, effective immediately. As well all production of NWA content is temporarily halted, pending a restructuring of executive management positions.
— NWA (@nwa) June 19, 2020
Savage released a statement on Twitter claiming that Lagana assaulted her while she was sleeping. Her full story can be found below.
After being friends with David Lagana for four years he sexually assaulted me.
I moved to LA after two years of him asking me to come out. He told me I was a real friend to him as I had been there for him when he was at his lowest, he wanted to bring me out to LA for work.
He was back and forth between (ROH/TNA) companies at the time (2010) but told me if I came to LA he would put me on NWA Hollywood and he needed someone to help him make the wrestling promotion agency he wanted to run a reality. I could even stay with him until I got my place and he’d show me around. None of this happened except the moving part.
I moved my whole life across the country to find out his roommate who he said was cool with it…had no idea I was coming. Luckily that wasn’t the bad situation. We got along fine. Dave either completely ignored me or was on the road. No problem…I am self-reliant. But LA is always tougher than you would imagine.
I shared a bed with Dave, though nothing was romantic or sexual. In fact, he never made a move on me ever during waking hours. I trusted him completely even though things weren’t going as planned. I figured work was rough and as a writer myself, I know focusing can be tough, and he had work transitions going on.
About two months into my stay, I had gotten a job and was working very little, my savings was running dry from adventures all over job hunting, one night he was home and we went to bed. Everything was normal. We had clothes on, I fell asleep.
I woke up in the middle night of the night and he had his hand down the front of my pants underneath my underwear. He was also touching himself. I was scared. I froze for a moment and pretended I was asleep. Then I tossed hard and pulled away, hoping he would leave me alone. He did. Then he kicked me out that week with less than a week’s notice.
I have spoken to very few people about this…mainly because I was mad at myself for letting this happen.
I didn’t go to the police because f–k the police. They don’t help sexual assault victims.
I didn’t go to wrestling Twitter because I knew it would get ugly and they would blame me and say I was just trying to get famous. I wasn’t.
And now I have nothing left to prove. If you don’t want to book me…oh f–k well. Am I a mess of controversy in other ways? You bet. Am I malicious? Nope. Just pi–sed I didn’t break his f–cking arm.
— (@lizsavage) June 18, 2020
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?
- The Rock Responds To WWE On FOX Asking Fans To Choose Between Him And Steve Austin
- Alexa Bliss Talks About The Women Stars Who Did Bra and Panties Matches: “You’ve Got To Respect That”
- Undertaker Talks Original Vision For Feud With AJ Styles, Finding Out His Brother Had Passed, Filming The Boneyard Match Offsite
- Big News on WWE’s Plans for Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman
- Michael “PS” Hayes Responds to Titus O’Neil Comments from George Floyd Press Conference, Titus Thanks Him
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- JBL and Bubba Ray Dudley on Race and Their Tag Teams, JBL on When Ron Simmons Nixed Storyline Idea
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”