PJ Black recently spoke with Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful about how everyone responded to Marty Scurll’s new position with Ring of Honor. It was announced a few months ago that Scurll had not only signed a new contract with ROH, but also accepted a job as Head of Creative. Black noted that a lot of people initially felt a little uneasy about the announcement, but added that most people saw it as a positive. “When that was announced backstage, everyone was like, “Oh, man.” ‘Cause a lot of people feel like they have to suck up to the booker or be friends with him to get what they want and a lot of people weren’t happy about it. But, that’s business. That’s gonna happen everywhere you go. I think more people are happy about it. More people are excited about it because Marty’s super creative and super talented, so we’ll see what happens,” Black told Sapp.
Black concluded that he has nothing but faith in his long-time friend, “I think he’s gonna do well. I think he’s going to thrive in that environment. I’m very excited.”
You can view the original article and full video interview at this link.
- Jeff Jarrett Trial Against IMPACT Wrestling Set To Begin This Morning
- Sting Teases Possible Return to the Ring for WWE?
- Bobby Lashley Discusses His Angle With Lana And Feeling Uncomfortable
- WWE Reportedly Purchases EVOLVE, New Wrestlers Being Signed, WWE Picks Up Video Libraries, Gabe Sapolsky’s Indie Career Ends, More
- Heath Slater Teases Impact Wrestling Debut
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?