WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair recently reached a deal to transfer the rights to his two trademarks on “The Man” to WWE.
The USPTO (United States Patent & Trademark Office) shows that Flair’s LLC assigned the entire interest and the goodwill of the two trademarks to WWE on Tuesday, May 19.
These are the same trademarks for “The Man” that Flair filed for on August 22, 2019 and August 26, 2019. Flair filed these trademarks after WWE had billed Becky Lynch as “The Man” because he felt like those intellectual properties belonged to him since he had used that name for years. At the time he publicly stated in interviews that WWE should have paid him for use of the nickname for Lynch. Flair noted in his original trademark filing that he first used “The Man” in commerce back in 1976.
As we’ve noted, The Nature Boy recently inked a new WWE contract, so it’s possible that the trademarks were a part of that new deal.
- Vanessa Borne Promoted To WWE Main Roster, Awaiting Debut
- Cesaro Reveals His Favorite Match He’s Been Involved In
- Chris Jericho Says He Never Had A Problem Working With Ryback, Lists WWE Stars Who Were A Little More Difficult
- Bonus Episode Of Undertaker: Last Ride Coming To WWE Network
- Johnny Gargano Shoots Down Fan Who Says He’s Afraid To Join WWE’s Main Roster
- Drew McIntyre Says He Had To Talk Heath Slater Into Making Raw Appearance: “Mentally He Has Moved On”
- Vince McMahon Reportedly Scraps RAW Title Change Due to Crowd Issue
- Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre React to Slater’s RAW Return, Slater on His Future
- Jim Ross On Why The WWE Signed The Undertaker To A New Fifteen Year Deal
- Rumors on WWE SummerSlam, Evolution 2 and a Possible Debut for Tessa Blanchard
- Rey Mysterio No Longer Under Contract With WWE, Extreme Rules Grudge Match Against Seth Rollins To Be Announced?
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing