Ring of Honor star Joe Hendry spoke with Fightful to talk all things pro-wrestling, including his thoughts on Marty Scurll and how The Villain’s hard work as booker were severely affected by COVID-19. Highlights are below.
Scurll having a great connecting with wrestling fans and understanding the industry:
I think that Marty knows how to get over. He has his finger on the pulse of professional wrestling. I think to have someone like that in management who, it’s almost like he can almost, I don’t want to translate but he knows better than anybody about what it takes to get over in today’s wrestling environment. So, to have him in that position and have that understanding of, not just like the Ring of Honor fan base—because I think sometimes it’s like if all the product that you consume is Ring of Honor, and Ring of Honor and Ring of Honor—you might miss what’s going on in this company, what’s going on in that company. Whereas Marty’s been all over the world. He’s been everywhere, again at the highest level.
How COVID-19 affected a lot of Scurll’s plans as booker:
I think the sad thing for Marty is that he won’t have had much of a chance to show the work that he had planned for the future and I feel for him in that regard because now wrestling has changed so much because of Corona Virus. It didn’t give him the chance to execute his vision and the way he wanted to do it in that time. But, again, in tough situations people have a chance to innovate and adapt and this might be a way for him to show a completely different skill set and a different way of presenting wrestling. So, look, the guy knows how to get over and that’s what great wrestlers do. They can get over in any circumstances, so it’s great to have someone like him in management for sure.
Full interview below.
- Arn Anderson On Why John Cena Didn’t Want The WWE To Sign A.J. Styles
- Charlotte Flair Lands PWI Magazine Cover with Look Similar to Ric Flair Cover
- WWE Legend Reportedly Produces the SmackDown Urine Segment
- Mark Henry On How An Incident With The Kliq Led To Him Training With The Harts
- Cody Rhodes Says He Has No Grudge Against WWE For Trademarking His Name
- Jeff Jarrett Trial Against IMPACT Wrestling Set To Begin This Morning
- Sting Teases Possible Return to the Ring for WWE?
- Bobby Lashley Discusses His Angle With Lana And Feeling Uncomfortable
- WWE Reportedly Purchases EVOLVE, New Wrestlers Being Signed, WWE Picks Up Video Libraries, Gabe Sapolsky’s Indie Career Ends, More
- Sheamus On His Backstage Fight With Yoshi Tatsu
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?