This week, The Doc is joined by a fellow 30 year WWE fan to basically spitball about how their fandoms have changed and how they have had to adapt their viewership habits to regain the power of positivity.
For the first half of this decade, there was a nickname Doc was given by several of his column readers that he always found amusing. They called him “The Voice of the Voiceless” both in homage to CM Punk and as a reflection of Doc’s tendency to focus on the good things in WWE. While so many around him harpooned WWE’s weekly efforts, Doc would keep it upbeat, not ignoring the shortcomings but keeping them on the periphery of the positive happenings. Ask him about that nickname today and he would call it “ironic.”
WWE’s creative shortcomings eventually added up and Doc found himself unable to hide his discontent. Rather than remain stuck in the vortex of negativity, though, he removed himself from it and hit the reset button on is WWE fandom.
Neil “Maverick” Pollock, long-time columnist at lordsofpain.net and long-time cohost of LOP Radio’s Right Side of the Pond, can relate, having gone through a similar journey. He and Doc discuss the virtues of being a pay-per-view only WWE fan, little changes that made big differences in how they view the WWE product, and if the big picture stuff that caused them to alter their relationships with WWE are beginning to shift.
That and much more on this, your audio prescription for all things professional wrestling!
- WWE Reportedly Purchases EVOLVE, New Wrestlers Being Signed, WWE Picks Up Video Libraries, Gabe Sapolsky’s Indie Career Ends, More
- People In WWE Said To Be Unhappy with Taz Jab from AEW Dynamite
- Sheamus On His Backstage Fight With Yoshi Tatsu
- Major Spoiler: WWE NXT Superstar Spoils Major Finish to Great American Bash Night Two Match?
- New Details on How Edge Was Injured at WWE Backlash
- The Rock Responds To WWE On FOX Asking Fans To Choose Between Him And Steve Austin
- Undertaker Talks Original Vision For Feud With AJ Styles, Finding Out His Brother Had Passed, Filming The Boneyard Match Offsite
- Jeff Jarrett Trial Against IMPACT Wrestling Set To Begin This Morning
- Bobby Lashley Discusses His Angle With Lana And Feeling Uncomfortable
- King Baron Corbin Reportedly Not Happy with Matt Riddle Feud
- Michael “PS” Hayes Responds to Titus O’Neil Comments from George Floyd Press Conference, Titus Thanks Him
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury