WWE issued a storyline update on Matt Hardy tonight and noted that he was discharged from a medical facility in Everett, WA, and returned home earlier today to recover.
As noted, Hardy, wearing a neck brace, was taken out by Randy Orton once again on Monday’s RAW. The two were supposed to have a No Holds Barred match but the storyline was that WWE doctors refused to medically clear Matt for the match. Matt wanted to fight anyway but Orton took him out in another brutal attack, the second this month after Matt called Orton out for his recent beatdown on WWE Hall of Famer Edge.
It was believed that the last attack was done to write Matt out of the WWE storylines as his contract expires on March 1, but then he was brought back this week. Matt even tweeted “GOODBYE.” after the first attack, but plans apparently changed due to how strong the segment did in the ratings, as we noted at this link.
Matt took to Twitter tonight and continued the storyline, commented on his potential WWE goodbye.
“Against Every Warning, with serious head/neck injuries, I showed up on #RAW to face & fight RKO. I was brutally beaten & suffered multiple injuries. But I’m alive. I’m not sure what’s next. If this was my @WWE goodbye, I didn’t get what I deserved-But maybe I got what I needed,” Matt wrote.
Stay tuned for updates on Matt’s WWE status. You can see his full tweet below:
Against Every Warning, with serious head/neck injuries, I showed up on #RAW to face & fight RKO.
I was brutally beaten & suffered multiple injuries. But I’m alive. I’m not sure what’s next. If this was my @WWE goodbye, I didn’t get what I deserved-But maybe I got what I needed. pic.twitter.com/Bzh1Ot4fcU
— The UNKILLABLE Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) February 19, 2020
- Vanessa Borne Promoted To WWE Main Roster, Awaiting Debut
- Chris Jericho Says He Never Had A Problem Working With Ryback, Lists WWE Stars Who Were A Little More Difficult
- Bonus Episode Of Undertaker: Last Ride Coming To WWE Network
- Johnny Gargano Shoots Down Fan Who Says He’s Afraid To Join WWE’s Main Roster
- Matt Hardy Says He’s Concerned WWE Is Putting “Unneeded Pressure” On Jeff Hardy, Talks Addict Angle
- Drew McIntyre Says He Had To Talk Heath Slater Into Making Raw Appearance: “Mentally He Has Moved On”
- Vince McMahon Reportedly Scraps RAW Title Change Due to Crowd Issue
- Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre React to Slater’s RAW Return, Slater on His Future
- Jim Ross On Why The WWE Signed The Undertaker To A New Fifteen Year Deal
- Rumors on WWE SummerSlam, Evolution 2 and a Possible Debut for Tessa Blanchard
- Rey Mysterio No Longer Under Contract With WWE, Extreme Rules Grudge Match Against Seth Rollins To Be Announced?
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing