WWE has confirmed that UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz was training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando last week.
WWE confirmed that Tito was training at the Performance Center, but did not give any further details, according to Marc Raimondi of ESPN. As noted before, via PWInsider, the 45 year old Ortiz was at the PC for something of an introductory meeting between the two sides, which was spread out over several days so Tito and WWE could feel each other out to see if they might be able to work together in the future. Ortiz reportedly did some pro wrestling training in the ring and familiarized himself with the WWE system while he was there.
ESPN noted that their sources say Ortiz “did well” in his pro wrestling training at the Performance Center last week.
There’s no word yet on how serious Tito is about wrestling, or if WWE has any further interest. Tito recently posted a photo of the new “Living the American Dream” t-shirt from his Punishment Athletes company. As seen below, that t-shirt featured a logo in the style of the WWE Saturday’s Night Main Event logo. Tito tagged WWE in that post.
A fan commented on how they liked the SNME-feel of the logo and Ortiz replied, “100%”
Tito’s last MMA fight came in December for the Combate Americas promotion – a win over former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio. Ortiz reportedly signed a multi-fight deal with Combate Americas last year, but there’s no word yet on his next fight. Ortiz, a lifelong pro wrestling fan who made a few appearances for Impact Wrestling in 2005 and 2013, made an interesting tweet on the last day of January where he said he was training for something he’s wanted his whole life.
“Christmas, New Years and my birthday is over. Now time to put in hard work for #2020. I dreamt about it my whole life. Seize the moment and get it! #neverquit #lifecomesfullcircle #HBBadBoy4Life,” he wrote, in what could be a reference to WWE.
A fan responded if Tito was getting ready for another fight and he responded, “The training has begun.”
Stay tuned for updates on Ortiz and WWE. You can see the aforementioned Instagram posts below:
- Vanessa Borne Promoted To WWE Main Roster, Awaiting Debut
- Chris Jericho Says He Never Had A Problem Working With Ryback, Lists WWE Stars Who Were A Little More Difficult
- Matt Hardy Says He’s Concerned WWE Is Putting “Unneeded Pressure” On Jeff Hardy, Talks Addict Angle
- Bonus Episode Of Undertaker: Last Ride Coming To WWE Network
- Charlotte Flair Issues Statement Confirming That She’s Taking Some Time Off, Shares Story About Suffering From Silicone Poisoning
- Drew McIntyre Says He Had To Talk Heath Slater Into Making Raw Appearance: “Mentally He Has Moved On”
- Vince McMahon Reportedly Scraps RAW Title Change Due to Crowd Issue
- Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre React to Slater’s RAW Return, Slater on His Future
- Jim Ross On Why The WWE Signed The Undertaker To A New Fifteen Year Deal
- Rumors on WWE SummerSlam, Evolution 2 and a Possible Debut for Tessa Blanchard
- Rey Mysterio No Longer Under Contract With WWE, Extreme Rules Grudge Match Against Seth Rollins To Be Announced?
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing