– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens live from the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California as Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by Renee Young.
– We go right to the ring as WWE Chairman Vince McMahon makes his way out to a pop. JoJo does the introduction.
Vince takes the mic and jokes that he doesn’t want to hear any boos. Fans boo. Vince says everyone is wondering what’s happening with RAW and that’s why he is here. He says RAW has been on for 25 years and they change with the times. Vince says despite one man’s creativity and vision, he can’t do it all by himself any longer, that’s for sure. Fans are giving him the “what!?” treatment. Vince says he can do it without the fans though. They boo again. Vince introduces RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon and out she comes. Cole says Corey Graves will join them later on commentary.
Fans boo Stephanie. Vince introduces Triple H next and out he comes to a pop. Vince and Stephanie both hugged Vince as they entered. Vince introduces SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon next and here he comes. The stage is decorated for Christmas. Shane also hugs his father.
Stephanie admits they haven’t been doing a very good job lately and that’s why they are here tonight. They haven’t been doing the one thing their farther taught them – listen to the audience. She says they have let middle managers air their grievances and that has suffocated the Superstars but that ends tonight, and the fresh start begins tonight. Triple H says the days of absent management are over and as of now, the four of them will be taking back Monday Night RAW. Shane says that goes for SmackDown as well because the four of them are responsible for making sure fans have the best possible experience there is. Stephanie says they’re going to empower the Superstars and empower the fans. Triple H says more importantly, they will give the fans what they want. Triple H says we will be seeing new faces, new Superstars, new matches. As of now, the fans are the authority. Vince says as long as they give the fans more of what we want, instead of more that we don’t want, WWE will always be… Then. Now. Forever.
Vince’s “No Chance” music starts back up as The McMahon Family talks among themselves. Fans boo as the music interrupts and out comes Baron Corbin. Corbin addresses Vince and says no one wants a fresh start more than he does. Fans boo louder at Corbin. Stephanie says she’s not sure if Corbin can hear them but they’re booing him loudly. Corbin says he’s excited that the entire McMahon family will be running RAW but there’s one word they have to mention – fair, and what happened to him at WWE TLC was not fair. Corbin says they need to talk. Just a simple conversation. We go to commercial as the boos continue.
Back from the break and Corbin is in the ring now. He says the boos don’t matter because it’s Sacramento. Corbin asks if they’re finished but the boos continue. Triple H says it’s hard for Corbin to speak if they keep doing that. They boo that. Corbin asks how he’s supposed to explain himself if they keep on. They boo again. Triple H asks them to stop so Corbin can speak. They boo again. Corbin asks Stephanie to ask them to stop. She says Vince is getting a little old and hard of hearing, which was just a set-up for more loud boos. Shane also gets them to boo Corbin again. Corbin goes to speak but the boos continue. Fans chant “you suck!” at Corbin. Vince reminds Corbin he has a mic, not the fans.
Corbin says what has happened is not his fault. He addresses TLC and says Braun Strowman was not supposed to be there. Corbin says he wasn’t prepared, especially for the different Superstars Strowman brought with him. Corbin asks if fans think that was fair and they pop, then do the “yes!” chant. Triple H is going to help Corbin out because he’s unpredictable. He says Corbin wants them to reconsider him as General Manager of RAW. He says yes and he feels like they will right the wrong. Corbin says he would still be GM if it weren’t for Apollo Crews, WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle, Heath Slater, Finn Balor and RAW Tag Team Champions Chad Gable & Bobby Roode. He asks if they will overturn the decision and says to just imagine what they can all do together. Shane says that’s a negative from him. Triple H agrees. Stephanie says there’s “no chance in hell” at that happening. Vince says there might be a way. The McMahons talk it over again.
Triple H says maybe they have a way for Corbin to become GM again, maybe there’s a way for this to all go away. Fans boo. Corbin says all he needs is a chance. Triple H says they should give Corbin that chance. More boos. Triple H says if Corbin can win his match tonight, right now, then he can become the permanent General Manager of RAW. All he has to do is beat this man… the music hits and out comes Angle.
4-on-1 No DQ Handicap Match: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable, Bobby Roode and Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin
The McMahons exit the ring as Kurt Angle gets ready for a match. Baron Corbin looks at Angle. Stephanie stops on the ramp and says there is a special referee for this match. Out comes Heath Slater to a pop.
The bell rings and they go at it. Angle gets the upperhand in the corner first and unloads. Corbin misses a charge in the corner and Angle puts him down with a suplex for a pop. Corbin goes to the floor for a breather. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Triple H comes out as the match continues. Triple H forgot to announce that this is also a Handicap Match. Out comes Apollo Crews with RAW Tag Team Champions Bobby Roode & Chad Gable. Corbin meets them on the ramp but they beat him down. They toss Corbin back in the ring and Angle hits him with two German suplexes. Gable tags in next and hits a German. Roode tags in and they continue the attack. Crews tags in and drops Corbin with a kick.
Corbin tries to leave through the crowd but they go after him as Angle watches from the ring. They bring Corbin back in and surround him. Slater turns his back and “fixes” the turnbuckle as they all stomp away on Corbin. Shane comes back to the stage and says he forgot to announce that this is a No DQ match. They all grab steel chairs and take turns beating on Corbin. Fans chant for tables. The Superstars take turns hitting more moves on Corbin. It ends with Angle hitting the Angle Slam on Corbin for the pin.
Winners: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable, Bobby Roode and Apollo Crews
– After the match, Angle’s music hits and the winners bring tables into the ring as fans pop. Angle drives Corbin through the table with another Angle Slam. Angle’s music starts back up as Slater raises their arms in victory.
– Still to come, Ronda Rousey will be here, as will Dean Ambrose. Also, Dolph Ziggler vs. Finn Balor. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers lead us to a video package on John Cena accepting the Sports Illustrated Muhammad Ali Legacy Award last week.
Finn Balor vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and out first comes Finn Balor. We see the backstage segment at TLC that led to this match. Dolph Ziggler is out next.
They lock up and go at it. Ziggler takes it to the ropes and backs off but shoves Balor. They lock up again and Ziggler takes Balor down. They go back & forth for a stalemate. Balor gets the upperhand now and nails a dropkick for a pop. Ziggler goes to the floor for a breather as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Balor nails a basement dropkick. We see how Ziggler hit a big dropkick during the commercial break. Ziggler looks to mount offense now but Balor cuts him off. Balor with a double stomp to the chest for a pop. Ziggler blocks a Slingblade and rolls Balor up for a 2 count. Balor dodges a Fame-asser and drops Ziggler for a 2 count. Ziggler comes back and drops Balor with a DDT. More back and forth now. Ziggler with a Zig Zag for a close 2 count.
Ziggler cranks up for a superkick but Drew McIntyre runs out. Ziggler goes to the floor and brawls with McIntyre. Balor runs the ropes and nails a big dive onto McIntyre on the floor. Ziggler rocks Balor and brings it back into the ring. Ziggler with a Fame-asser for a close 2 count. Drew ends up coming back in and nailing Balor for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Finn Balor
– After the bell, Drew rocks Balor again. Ziggler comes over but Drew beats him down and unloads. Drew with a Claymore Kick to the face of Ziggler. McIntyre goes to the floor and nails a Claymore on Balor.
– We see Dean Ambrose backstage walking to the ring. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes new WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose. He’s accompanied by his security team wearing gas masks. Ambrose directs them to surround the ring.
Ambrose starts ripping into the fans and saying they should respect him. Ambrose says what he said would happen at TLC happened – Seth Rollins lost control and choked in the 4th quarter. Ambrose says he doesn’t need anything from the fans because he has this – he raises the Intercontinental Title belt. He says this is nothing because when he’s done with Rollins, Rollins will have nothing left. He’s going to take Rollins’ career and the fake good guy reputation he has, and throw it in the gutter where it belongs. Ambrose calls Rollins to the ring to tell him to his face that Ambrose was right, and he was wrong.
Fans chant “burn it down!” as Ambrose tries to taunt Rollins into coming out. Ambrose wonders if an Open Challenge will work, but not for the title, just for Rollins to take out his frustrations on Ambrose. Ambrose keeps running Rollins down on the mic but Rollins isn’t coming out. Ambrose has a new idea – since Rollins doesn’t gave the guts to come out, Ambrose is going to take a page out of Rollins’ playbook and issue an Open Challenge for the title, to anyone in the back except for Rollins. The music hits and out comes Tyler Breeze to accept the challenge.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Tyler Breeze vs. Dean Ambrose
The bell rings and they go at it. Tyler Breeze takes Dean Ambrose to the corner and works him over. Breeze keeps going and sends Ambrose out to the floor, against the barrier. Breeze stands tall in the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose is stomping on Breeze in the ring. Ambrose keeps Breeze grounded now. Ambrose with more offense for a 2 count. Ambrose takes Breeze back down and keeps him grounded. Breeze finally catches Ambrose and drops him. Breeze with a close 2 count. Ambrose misses in the corner and Breeze rolls him up for another 2 count.
Breeze nails the Beauty Shot but he doesn’t make the pin. Breeze goes to the top and nails a crossbody for a close 2 count. Breeze with a superkick for another pin attempt. Breeze goes for the Unprettier but Ambrose counters and hits Dirty Deeds for the pin to retain.
Winner: Dean Ambrose
– After the match, Ambrose raises the title as his music hits. We go to replays. Ambrose takes the mic and says we just saw a performance by an Intercontinental Champion with integrity, unlike Seth Rollins. Rollins’ music suddenly hits as fans pop. Ambrose directs his guards to get ready and they face the stage. One of the guards enters the ring and attacks Ambrose from behind, laying him out. It’s Rollins. The other guards enter the ring but Rollins fights them off as Ambrose retreats to the stage with his title. Rollins looks on from the ring.
– Shane McMahon is backstage with Charly Caruso, asking what the fresh start means. Shane says we will see more new faces on RAW and SmackDown, and opportunities will come knocking. Shane says he has some tough decisions ahead. Drake Maverick interrupts with The Authors of Pain. Shane says he’s well aware of them. Drake goes on about how Akam and Rezar had the RAW Tag Team Titles stolen from them. Drake mentions their mandatory rematch clause. Shane says the whole mandatory rematch thing is antiquated, especially since Baron Corbin handed them their shot in the first place. Shane says they have an opportunity in mind for AOP. They will face The B Team, The Revival and Lucha House Party in a Fatal 4 Way tonight. The winners will earn a future title shot at Bobby Roode and Chad Gable. Akam and Rezar walk off and they’re not happy.
– Still to come, a look at new faces coming up from WWE NXT – EC3, Lacey Evans, Heavy Machinery, Nikki Cross and Lars Sullivan. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a “coming soon” promo for Lars Sullivan, EC3, Lacey Evans, Nikki Cross and Tucker Knight & Otis Dozovic of Heavy Machinery.
– We go to the ring and Bobby Lashley is out with Lio Rush. They’re sitting under a spotlight with a guitar, just like Elias.
Rush starts running Elias down and says Lashley is here tonight for a true performance. Rush asks everyone to silence their cellphones, hold their applause and shut their mouths. Fans boo. Rush goes on and introduces Lashley’s favorite pose. Elias suddenly appears as JoJo introduces him. Elias ends up breaking a guitar over Lashley. Elias hits the ramp and talks trash back at the ring as Lashley looks on with Rush. We get a replay as Elias’ music plays.
– We see Lucha House Party backstage heading to the ring with pinatas. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a “returning soon” promo for Sami Zayn, who has been out after undergoing double shoulder surgery.
#1 Contenders Fatal 4 Way: The Authors of Pain vs. The Revival vs. The B Team vs. Lucha House Party
Back from the break and out comes WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick with The Authors of Pain – Akam and Rezar. The B Team’s Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas are also out, as are The Revival’s Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. The Lucha House Party is out – Kalisto and Lince Dorado with Gran Metalik. The winners will earn a future title shot from RAW Tag Team Champions Bobby Roode and Chad Gable.
Kalisto and Lince get the upperhand on The B Team early on. Dawson comes in and beats Kalisto down. Dawson works Kalisto around the ring. Dawson mocks the luchadores now. Dawson with a snap suplex and an elbow drop to Kalisto. Dash tags in for the double team on Kalisto but he counters and drops them both with a DDT at the same time.
Lince and Kalisto double team Wilder now for a close 2 count. Akam tags in but Lince dropkicks him back. Rezar tags in and they turn it around. AOP double teams Lince in their corner and they dominate him. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Wilder has a Gory Special on Lince. Axel comes in and Lince takes him out. Kalisto comes in and unloads on Axel, then Dallas. Metalik continues with his noise maker at ringside. Dawson tags in as Kalisto gets sent to the floor. Bo and Dawson go at it now. Dallas runs Dawson over. Dallas with the slingshot suplex for a close 2 count. The finish sees The Revival hit a Shatter Machine on Dallas for the pin and the future title shot.
Winners and New #1 Contenders: The Revival
– After the match, Dawson and Dash stand tall as their music hits.
– Seth Rollins is backstage with Charly Caruso. Rollins says last night at WWE TLC was a disaster, personally and professionally. He let Dean Ambrose get in his head. Rollins says he heard the crowd last night and that’s on him, he owns that and he has to move forward. Rollins was referring to the “boring” chant and the negative crowd reactions. Rollins goes on and says this is his life, it’s everything he loves, but it’s gone off the rails and now it’s time to right the ship. That starts with Ambrose. Baron Corbin appears. Corbin says Rollins is to blame for everything – what happened to him at TLC, the McMahon family returning, and more. Corbin says what Ambrose said about Rollins was right. Corbin runs his mouth some more and pokes at Rollins losing the Intercontinental Title, until Rollins drops him with a shot to the face. Rollins walks off.
– The announcers show us a replay of tonight’s opening segment with the McMahon family.
– Still to come, RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey is here. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey.
Rousey mentions Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch and new SmackDown Women’s Champion Asuka, and says she didn’t come out here to justify her actions at WWE TLC. Rousey says she came out here to talk about what a real champion is. She goes on about what it means to be a real champion but fans aren’t responding that great to it. Fans start chanting “Becky!” now. Rousey wants to start a new tradition of the champion showing up the night after a pay-per-view to defend in an Open Challenge.
The cameras cut backstage to several female Superstars arguing with the bosses about who should get the title shot. Stephanie McMahon snaps at them, telling them to come with her. Stephanie leads them to the stage as Rousey looks on. Alicia Fox, Natalya, Dana Brooke, Mickie James, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Ember Moon, Bayley and Sasha Banks are out. Stephanie says they all want a title shot and they’re all deserving. Stephanie says she’s no longer playing favorites so she will give these 8 Superstars the chance to earn a title shot. Stephanie says Rousey will defend against the winner of a Gauntlet Match, that begins now. She sends Alicia Fox to the ring first. Bayley is sent to the ring next.
Gauntlet Match: Alicia Fox, Bayley, Dana Brooke, Mickie James, Ember Moon, Natalya, Ruby Riott, Sasha Banks
The bell rings and they go at it. Alicia Fox gets the upperhand in the corner and takes Bayley down. The other Superstars watch from the stage.
Bayley turns it around and slams Fox for a 2 count. Fox scrambles to the floor to regroup as we go back to commercial.
Back and forth after the break. Fox with some mind games and taunting. Bayley looks to turn it around but Fox drops her in the corner for a close 2 count. Fox slaps Bayley around in the corner. Fox charges but Bayley catches her and drops her face-first into the turnbuckle. Bayley misses a move and lands bad on her knee. Fox with a big boot to the face for a 2 count but Bayley rolls her up for the pin. Fox has been eliminated.
Dana Brooke’s music hits and she runs to the ring. We get an enziguri and a back elbow in the corner. Brooke covers for a 2 count. Dana pounds on Bayley and talks about getting an opportunity. Dana keeps Bayley down in a body scissors now. Bayley turns it into a 2 count. Cole confirms that Rousey will defend her title on next Monday’s Christmas Eve RAW. Dana with a chop block to the knee. Brooke works on the knee and beats Bayley around some more. Dana with a 2 count. Dana keeps Bayley grounded now in the middle of the ring.
Brooke goes for more pin attempts but Bayley keeps kicking out. Brooke stomps away in the corner now as the referee counts. Dana with some trash talking but Bayley responds with a Bayley-to-Belly suplex for the pin. Brooke has been eliminated. We go to commercial as Bayley recovers.
Back from the break and they air a “returning soon” promo for Kevin Owens. We go back to the ring and Mickie James is going at it with Bayley. Mickie with a neckbreaker for a two count. We see Rousey watching the match from backstage. Bayley turns it around and covers for a close 2 count on Mickie. Mickie with kicks to stagger Bayley. Bayley ducks a clothesline and rolls Mickie up for a 2 count. Mickie slams Bayley and kips up for a quick pop.
Mickie goes to the top and hits the Thesz Press for a 2 count. Bayley with a quick pin attempt of her own. Mickie with a 2 count and then a dropkick to the face. Bayley kicks out again. Bayley counters a move and hits a back suplex for a 2 count. Some fans chant for Bayley now. Bayley catches a baseball slide from the floor and connects with a knee from the floor while Mickie is down on the apron. Bayley tries to come over the top rope but her knee goes out and she slips. Bayley still manages to hit a crossbody but the knee is giving her trouble. Bayley with a running knee in the corner. Bayley goes back to the top rope as she’s been in the match for more than 20 minutes now. Bayley hits the big elbow drop but Mickie gets her foot on the bottom rope to break the pin. Bayley can’t believe it.
Bayley keeps fighting and drops Mickie over the middle rope. Mickie blocks the Bayley-to-Belly suplex by grabbing her hair. Bayley runs into an elbow in the corner. Bayley sends Mickie to the apron but Mickie kicks the leg out. Bayley falls face-first into the turnbuckle. Mickie comes back in and hits her DDT for the pin. Bayley has been eliminated.
The music hits and Ember Moon runs out from the back now. Mickie catches Moon with a dropkick as soon as she comes in. Mickie works Moon around but Moon fights back. Moon with an arm drag and a leg sweep. Mickie dodges a dropkick in what looks like a botched spot. Mickie with a 2 count. More back and forth now. Moon with a close 2 count. Mickie goes to the floor to regroup. Moon slides out but misses. They come back up and Moon fights in from the apron. Mickie goes for a powerbomb to the floor from the apron but Moon resists. Mickie drops Moon with a punch. Moon falls out to the floor as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Mickie keeps control as Rousey watches from backstage. Mickie with a 2 count. Mickie ends up going to the top but Moon catches her with a knee on the way down, stunning Mickie. Moon goes to the top and hits The Eclipse for the pin. Mickie has been eliminated.
Natalya runs down next and they go at it. Moon drops Natalya for a 2 count in the middle of the ring. Moon keeps Natalya grounded now. Moon with more offense and a suplex. Moon charges but Natalya hits the big discus clothesline for a close 2 count. Natalya goes for the Sharpshooter now. Moon resists and rolls Natalya up for a 2 count. Natalya rolls Moon for the pin. Moon has been eliminated.
The music hits and out comes The Riott Squad – Ruby Riott with Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan. They stare Natalya down from ringside as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Riott has Natalya down with a body scissors. Natalya fights out as Liv and Logan look on from ringside. Natalya fights out but Riott keeps her down in another hold. Natalya looks to mount offense now. Riott drops Natalya with a shot to the gut. Riott takes it to the corner and beats Natalya down again. Natalya with a roll-up for a 2 count. Riott comes right back with a clothesline for a 2 count.
Riott takes Natalya back to the mat and grounds her. Natalya with a takedown but Riott rocks her for another 2 count. They finally pick the pace up as Natalya hits a few suplexes. Riott with the STO out of the corner as Natalya misses a discus clothesline. Riott goes to the corner and drops an elbow from the second rope but Natalya moves. Natalya rolls Riott up for the pin. Riott has been eliminated.
The music hits next and out comes Sasha Banks. Natalya meets her at the ropes but Banks fights in from the apron. Banks gets the upperhand and sends Natalya to the corner. Banks fights Natalya off and hits the double knees in the corner. Banks with a 2 count. Natalya rams Banks back into the corner. Banks rocks her and goes to the top but misses on the way down. Natalya with a roll-up for a 2 count. Banks counters a move and turns it into a DDT for a close 2 count. We go to commercial.
More back and forth after the commercial. Natalya levels Banks for a close 2 count. Natalya goes for the Sharpshooter now. Banks crawls for the bottom rope but Natalya drags her back into the middle of the ring. Banks crawls for the ropes again. Banks rolls out of the hold, sending Natalya neck-first into the turnbuckles. Banks applies a single-leg Crab now. Natalya looks for the bottom rope and gets close to it but Banks turns that into the Banks Statement. They tangle and Banks gets the Banks Statement locked in.
Banks pulls back on the hold as Natalya tries to get out. Natalya rolls through and stands up with Banks. Banks gets out but Natalya nails a German suplex. More back and forth in the corner now. Banks goes up and hits the Meteora but Natalya kicks out just in time. Natalya blocks an attack from behind. Natalya avoids the Banks Statement. Natalya blocks a DDT and slams Banks back to the mat, face-first. Natalya applies the Sharpshooter in the middle of the ring again. Banks taps out for the finish.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Natalya
– After the match, Natalya stands tall as her music hits. She will get her title shot next Monday night. Natalya checks on Banks as RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey comes marching to the ring. Natalya comes down from posing in the corner and sees Rousey standing there. Natalya raises Rousey’s arm in the middle of the ring and they hug. Rousey extends her hand for a shake and some fans boo. Natalya shakes. They hug again. Natalya stands tall and Rousey gives her a nod. They leave the ring together as Natalya’s music hits. Rousey heads to the back while Natalya stands on the stage and looks out at the crowd. We go to replays. The announcers hype Natalya vs. Rousey for Christmas Eve. RAW goes off the air with an emotional Natalya standing on the stage and looking up at her dad, Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart.
- WWE Reportedly Purchases EVOLVE, New Wrestlers Being Signed, WWE Picks Up Video Libraries, Gabe Sapolsky’s Indie Career Ends, More
- People In WWE Said To Be Unhappy with Taz Jab from AEW Dynamite
- Sheamus On His Backstage Fight With Yoshi Tatsu
- Major Spoiler: WWE NXT Superstar Spoils Major Finish to Great American Bash Night Two Match?
- Title Match and More Announced for Friday’s WWE SmackDown
- The Rock Responds To WWE On FOX Asking Fans To Choose Between Him And Steve Austin
- Undertaker Talks Original Vision For Feud With AJ Styles, Finding Out His Brother Had Passed, Filming The Boneyard Match Offsite
- Jeff Jarrett Trial Against IMPACT Wrestling Set To Begin This Morning
- Bobby Lashley Discusses His Angle With Lana And Feeling Uncomfortable
- King Baron Corbin Reportedly Not Happy with Matt Riddle Feud
- Michael “PS” Hayes Responds to Titus O’Neil Comments from George Floyd Press Conference, Titus Thanks Him
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury