– Tonight’s WrestleMania Backlash go-home edition of WWE RAW opens up on the USA Network with a video package. We cut to the RAW opening video. We’re live from the WWE ThunderDome at the Yuengling Center in Tampa, Florida as the pyro goes off. Adnan Virk welcomes us. He’s joined at ringside by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton. They hype tonight’s show.
Asuka, Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke vs. Charlotte Flair, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler
We go right to the ring for tonight’s opener as Charlotte Flair makes her way out. Mike Rome does the introductions as WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax come out next, with Reginald. Out first comes Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke for the other team. Asuka is out next, joining Rose and Brooke on the stage. They head to the ring together.
The bell rings and Rose starts off with Jax, taunting each other. Jax grabs Rose but misses a splash in the corner. Rose swings to drop Flair off the apron but she misses. Jax takes advantage and levels Rose in the corner. Jax works her over and in comes Baszler to keep the attack going. Baszler bends Rose’s arm back and keeps her trapped now.
Rose ends up taking Baszler to her corner and in comes Asuka with kicks. Baszler blocks a German suplex. Baszler with a submission but Asuka nails a dropkick. Rose and Brooke come in with dropkicks to their opponents on the apron. Reginald does a back flip off the apron as Jax and Baszler rush back in. The two teams face off in the middle of the ring now with all 6 Superstars arguing. The dark Firefly Fun House music interrupts and Alexa Bliss is on the stage now, swinging on her swing. Lilly is next to her on another swing. The 6 Superstars in the ring are distracted now.
Bliss says we are sorry for interrupting. No, Bliss is but Lilly is not. Bliss says she an Lilly wanted to come out and keep their eye on… someone. She doesn’t say who. Bliss laughs and keeps swinging as the others look on from the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Flair is stomping away on Rose in the corner. Bliss and Lilly watch from the swing on the stage. Flair rag-dolls Rose on the mat, slamming her face-first using her knees. Baszler tags in and kicks Rose while Flair has her trapped. Baszler winds Rose’s arm up again and slams her by it for another 2 count. Jax tags in and slams Rose. Jax grounds Rose now as fans try to rally for her.
Rose fights up and out but Jax goes for a Samoan Drop. Rose slides out and in comes Brooke. Jinder Mahal vs. Jeff Hardy is confirmed for later. Baszler tags in but Brooke clotheslines her. Flair also gets knocked off the apron. Brooke with more offense and a Bulldog to Baszler for a close 2 count. Baszler counters Brooke and slams her into a backbreaker over the knee. Baszler sells a leg injury now. Her knee goes out as she goes to tag.
Asuka tags in, knocks Jax off the apron and immediately nails a Shining Wizard to Baszler for the pin to win.
Winners: Asuka, Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose
– After the bell, Flair immediately runs in and levels Asuka from behind. Flair stands tall as the referee checks on Asuka. Flair’s music plays as we hear Bliss and Lilly laughing from the stage. Flair and the others look up at Bliss.
– We see how Riddle and Randy Orton defeated Elias and Jaxson Ryker last week. The New Day is backstage now when Riddle rides up on his scooter. He thanks them for registration forms because R-K-Bro will be an official tag team in a few weeks. Kofi Kingston says its a little known fact that every tag team must fill out a registration form, unlike RAW Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Omos, who are frauds. They go on talking about tomatoes when Orton appears. Riddle and The New Day think Orton getting hit by tomatoes last week was funny. Orton disagrees and thinks ending careers, killing Legends, kicking people in the head, and setting things on fire are funny. Orton says he will see them out there as he walks off. The announcers hype the big eight-man tag team match as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers hype WWE Champion Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre for tonight. We see MVP knocking on Braun Strowman’s door backstage. He just walks in and we see Strowman talking to a staffer. He turns around and tells MVP to get out. MVP came to discuss business but Braun isn’t interested. MVP tells Braun to hear him out. MVP says Lashley didn’t beat Strowman last week, Drew did. Lashley praised Strowman to MVP and said it would’ve been close if it weren’t for Drew. Braun is losing his patience. MVP says Lashley isn’t going to lose the title but if he did, he’d rather lose it to Braun. MVP brings up how it would be Strowman vs. Lashley in a singles match if Drew were to suffer an injury tonight. Strowman fumes and says he really doesn’t like MVP. MVP understands and says a lot of people don’t, but don’t take this personal, it’s just business. MVP leaves.
– We see how Damian Priest defeated John Morrison last week. Priest has requested a match for the pay-per-view and he will face The Miz. We see Adam Pearce talking to Priest in the back. The Miz and John Morrison walk in as Pearce called them all to talk about an idea Priest had. Morrison had a better idea and they go back & forth over last week’s match. This leads to Priest saying if Morrison beats him tonight, Morrison gets to pick the stipulation for Miz vs. Priest at Backlash but if Priest wins, he picks. Miz isn’t down with this idea but Morrison interrupts and says they accept. Miz isn’t happy but Morrison is confident he can beat Priest. Miz and Morrison walk off.
– We go to Jinder Mahal backstage. Jinder says nothing smells better than fresh competition, and he’s excited and happy to be back on RAW. But he’s not alone. He introduces Veer, the former Rinku Singh, and Shanky, the former Dilsher Shanky. Jinder goes on and says he will be reminding everyone why he was once WWE Champion. They walk off.
Jinder Mahal vs. Jeff Hardy
We go back to the ring and out comes Jinder Mahal with Veer and Shanky. They hit the ring and stand tall as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Jeff Hardy as Mahal, Veer and Shanky look on from the ring. Hardy hits the corner to pose as more pyro goes off. The match begins and Hardy unloads, taking it to the corner and hitting a dropkick. Jinder fights out and blocks a Jawbreaker, then levels Hardy with a big boot to the jaw. Hardy kicks out at 2. Jinder stomps away to keep Hardy down now.
Jinder beats Hardy around and drops a big knee. Hardy tries to fight back but Jinder keeps control. Jinder with a vertical suplex in the middle of the ring. Jinder with elbows and knees to keep Hardy down, grounding him in the middle of the ring now. Humberto Carrillo vs. WWE United States Champion Sheamus is confirmed for later. Hardy starts mounting offense and fighting Jinder off now.
Hardy ducks a clothesline and runs over Jinder. Jinder blocks the Atomic Drop and clubs Hardy, sending him into the corner. Jinder runs into a boot and Hardy nails the double axe handle. Fans cheer Hardy on but Jinder blocks a Twist of Fate and nails a jumping knee. Jinder follows up with The Khallas in the middle of the ring for the pin to win.
Winner: Jinder Mahal
– After the match, Jinder stands tall as his music hits. Veer and Shanky join him in the ring as we go to replays. Jinder, Veer and Shanky stand tall on the apron to boos now.
– Sonya Deville is backstage on the phone. She hangs up and in comes Charlotte Flair but we can’t hear what they’re saying.
– Jaxson Ryker and Elias are talking about getting payback tonight. Ryker has a basket full of tomatoes. AJ Styles and Omos walk up and Elias begins playing a song about getting revenge in the eight-man match. AJ interrupts and says there will be no tomatoes tonight. He goes on and tells them they are teaming with the RAW Tag Team Champions tonight, so take things serious. Omos grabs a tomato and squeezes it with his hand. AJ says they hate tomatoes. AJ and Omos walk off.
R-K-Bro and The New Day vs. AJ Styles, Omos, Elias and Jaxson Ryker
We go back to the ring for tonight’s eight-man match as Riddle makes his way to the ring. He hops into the ring and kicks his flip-flops off as pyro goes off. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and the announcers hype tonight’s main event again. We go back to the ring and fans chant “Bro!” as Riddle waits. Out next comes Randy Orton.
Orton takes his time entering the ring and Riddle is excited to see him, and to see him pose in the corners. Orton does his signature pose as the pyro goes off and some fans boo. Out next comes The New Day’s Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods. Orton is a bit annoyed by all of his partners. Out next comes Elias and Jaxson Ryker for the other team. They wait on the stage for their partners. The music hits and out come RAW Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Omos. Elias and Riddle start things off. Elias blocks a takedown. Riddle gets Elias down but Elias scrambles to block an armbar.
Ryker tags in but Riddle takes him down and they trade holds on the mat. Riddle kicks Ryker and taunts him. Omos tags in but Riddle meets him with body blows. Omos tosses Riddle away with ease. Omos catches a kick and flips Riddle onto his back. Woods runs in but Omos knocks him out of the ring, and the same thing with Kofi.
Omos grabs Riddle and launches him down into the corner. Omos stares Orton down now as he comes into the ring. Orton rolls to the floor to re-group as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Elias is working Riddle over. Elias unloads with kicks in the corner now. Ryker tags in as they double team Riddle for a 2 count. Ryker slams Riddle back and tags in AJ to cover for 2. AJ taunts the others and grabs Riddle. Riddle fights but AJ decks him. Riddle blocks a suplex and in comes Kofi. Kofi unloads on AJ. Woods joins him. Woods takes AJ down for a 2 count. Woods grabs AJ but AJ nails a cheap shot to the throat. Kofi tags in and they double team AJ for 2. Kofi flies off the top with a big crossbody for another 2 count as AJ hangs on.
Kofi with a backbreaker to AJ. Elias saves AJ but Woods nails a missile dropkick to Elias. AJ with a Spinebuster to Woods in the middle of the ring. AJ and Woods are both down. Ryker tags in and covers Woods for 2. Ryker stomps away on Woods in the corner now. Ryker takes it back to the corner and tags in Elias for the double team. Elias with a big Spinebuster to Woods for 2. Elias with a big knee to Woods’ back. Elias takes it back to the corner but Wood tries to fight out. Elias dumps him on his head for another close 2 count.
Ryker tags back in for the double team on Woods. Ryker with a Camel Clutch to Woods now as fans try to rally. Woods gets free with a Jawbreaker. Ryker stops Woods from tagging. Ryker catches Woods in another big Spinebuster for a close 2 count. Elias tags back in and decks Woods while Ryker holds him. Elias hits the twisting suplex to Woods for 2. Elias goes right into a rear chinlock to keep Woods grounded. Fans try to rally now. Woods counters and rolls him for 2. More back and forth.
Riddle tags in and unloads on Elias with a knee, then launches Ryker across the ring. Riddle knocks AJ off the apron and goes back to work on Elias in the corner. Elias fights back with elbows to the face. Riddle counters and hits the Bro Derek on Elias but Omos runs in to break it up. Omos tosses Riddle into the corner. Riddle tags Orton and then flies off the top but Omos decks Riddle in mid-air. Woods runs in and kicks AJ through the ropes with a dropkick. Omos watches The New Day double team AJ at ringside. He goes out to chase them away as Orton drops Elias in the middle of the ring with the RKO outta nowhere. Orton covers for the pin to win.
Winners: Randy Orton, Riddle, Kofi Kingston and The New Day
– After the match, Orton stands tall as his music hits. Orton looks annoyed while the others celebrate. Orton suddenly drops Woods and then Kofi with the RKO. Riddle can’t believe it. He has words with Orton before Orton exits the ring by himself. Orton’s music starts up as we go to replays. Riddle looks on smiling as Orton heads up the ramp.
– Sonya Deville has called RAW Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley to her office. Asuka walks in and they face off. Deville says we are going to resolve this peacefully. She says these two have been at each other’s throats for weeks now, and she was given an idea and she likes it. She makes Asuka vs. Ripley for tonight. Ripley asks who came up with this idea but Deville won’t say. Ripley wonders if this is Charlotte Flair’s idea so they will be beat up for WrestleMania Backlash. Asuka says she’s already been in the ring once tonight but she will do it again because she’s ready for Rhea. Ripley says she will beat Asuka tonight like she did at WrestleMania 37 and Flair can scheme all she wants but it won’t stop what is happening this Sunday.
Sheamus vs. Humberto Carrillo
We go back to the ring and out first comes WWE United States Champion Sheamus for this non-title match. Back to commercial.
Back from the beak and MVP and Bobby Lashley are with Kevin Patrick in the back. MVP hypes up Lashley and the WWE Champion talks about beating Drew McIntyre again tonight. Patrick asks about a potential attempt to make Sunday’s WWE Title match a singles match with Braun Strowman and Lashley. MVP says we don’t comment on business negotiations that unlike this interview… are ongoing. MVP tells Patrick to beat it and Lashley waves him off. We go back to the ring and Sheamus takes the mic. He goes on about how he took care of Humberto Carrillo and Mansoor, showing why he’s the baddest fella on the planet. Sheamus goes on about not wanting to follow in the footsteps of United States Champions before him when he can create his own legacy. He takes a shot at Adnan Virk on commentary, and says Mansoor and Carrillo have another thing coming if they think they’ll get their grubby little hands on his title. He says they are great athletes but they are not on his level. He says Carrillo is going to try to earn a title shot and earn Sheamus’ respect tonight but the only thing he’s going to get is a taste Brogue Kick to the head. He goes on and calls Carrillo to the ring. The music hits and out comes Humberto to a pop.
The bell rings and they go at it. Carrillo takes Sheamus down but Sheamus levels him with a shoulder. Sheamus blocks a hip toss and clubs Carrillo to the mat. Carrillo mounts some offense now and sends Sheamus out. He then dropkicks Sheamus to the floor and goes to fly but Sheamus meets him and decks him in mid-air. Sheamus launches Carrillo over into the timekeeper’s area as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus has Carrillo grounded in the middle of the ring. Carrillo fights up and out, building some momentum but Sheamus drops him. Sheamus takes it to the apron and delivers 10 Beats of The Bodhrán. Sheamus does the Dublin Smile with Carrillo now as fans boo.
Carrillo fights up and out, rocking Sheamus with a jawbreaker. Sheamus runs into a boot. Sheamus with an Alabama Slam in the middle of the ring for a close 2 count. Sheamus scoops Carrillo and takes him to the second rope for a super White Noise but Carrillo fights out. Carrillo delivers a big hurricanrana, launching Sheamus to the mat. They go on and Carrillo ends up hitting a Sunset Bomb from the apron to the floor. The referee counts and then has to go out and check on Carrillo. Sheamus is also barely able to get up.
The referee calls the match as Carrillo and Sheamus are both unable to recover from the powerbomb spot.
– After the bell, Sheamus has his arm raised as he retains his United States Title. Sheamus’ music starts up as he falls back down and tries to recover. Officials check on Carrillo now.
– Virk sends us to a vignette looking at Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado of Lucha House Party, who are re-introducing themselves to the WWE Universe. They are always ready to show out and show off, and they are always… Lucha Lit!
Cedric Alexander vs. Shelton Benjamin
We go back to the ring and out comes Cedric Alexander. We get a look back at how Cedric split from Shelton Benjamin last week. The former partners will do battle next. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we get the same Eva Marie “Eva-Lution” vignette that aired last week. She will be coming soon to RAW. We go back to the ring and out comes Benjamin as Cedric waits in the ring. Shelton hits the ring and they have words. The bell rings and they meet in the middle. Cedric shoves him and talks more trash. They tangle and Benjamin takes control first but Cedric hits him from behind. They go back & forth until Cedric nails a dropkick for some boos.
Cedric ends up blocking Paydirt. Cedric with a Dragon Screw leg whip on the apron. Cedric taunts Shelton while he’s down, going to work on the leg now. Cedric manhandles Shelton on the mat now while the referee warns him. Shelton fights back out of the corner. Cedric takes him down by the leg and applies a Heel Hook submission.
Cedric continues to yell at Shelton with his high-pitch tone. Shelton counters and turns a submission into a modified Sharpshooter but Cedric breaks it by grabbing the bottom rope. Cedric kicks Shelton’s leg out and he goes down. Cedric dropkicks Shelton to the floor. Cedric runs the ropes and nails a suicide dive to send Shelton into the barrier. Cedric goes back in for another big dive but Shelton meets him at the ropes with a huge jumping knee to the head.
Shelton comes back in and goes for Paydirt but it’s blocked. Cedric goes on and hits a dropkick, then the big kick to the head. Cedric gets down in Shelton’s face and continues yelling about being the best. Cedric wastes some more time as fans boo him. He taunts and kicks Shelton around some more. Shelton jumps up and hits the T-Bone suplex out of nowhere for the pin to win.
Winner: Shelton Benjamin
– After the match, Shelton stands tall and has his arm raised as the music hits.
– The announcers show us how Angel Garza defeated Drew Gulak last week and then kicked a rose up his rear end while he was down. We see Garza doing a backstage photo shoot now. Gulak interrupts and asks if this is all one big joke, if Garza has respect for their profession or if he’s just busy with his photo shoots and trying out for the next season of The Bachelor, as if anyone would accept a flower from him anyway. Gulak says what Garza did last week has never been done in WWE, he embarrassed and humiliated Gulak. Garza threatens to do it again but Gulak says there won’t be a next time. Garza says maybe next time he will shove the rose down Gulak’s throat. Gulak walks off as Gulak stares him down.
Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley
We go back to the ring and out comes Asuka to a pop. She poses in the corner as the pyro goes off and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes RAW Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley to a mixed reaction but mostly cheers. Ripley raises the title in the middle of the air for this non-title match. The bell rings and they size each other up. They lock up and go to the ropes. Asuka ends up nailing a back-hand. Asuka is forced to back away from the corner. Ripley catches her and mocks her in the middle of the ring. Asuka takes Ripley down and dropkicks her. Asuka tosses Ripley across the ring but Ripley comes back and launches her across the ring. Asuka fights out of the corner as Ripley keeps charging. Ripley stomps away while Asuka is down now.
Ripley scrambles to get away from the arm bar and puts her feet on the bottom rope to break it. Asuka chases Ripley out and back in. Asuka pulls Ripley to the floor as the referee warns them. Asuka misses a Hip Attack but Ripley kicks her. Ripley rolls Asuka back into the ring but the music interrupts and out comes Charlotte Flair.
Ripley is distracted as she gets back on the apron, allowing Asuka the chance to drop her off the apron with a spinning back-fist. Ripley goes back down on the floor as Flair mocks them and walks down the ramp. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Flair has joined the announcers for commentary while Ripley has Asuka grounded in a body scissors. Flair admits asking Sonya Deville to make this match. The hold is broken but Ripley keeps control, taking Asuka to the corner for shoulder thrusts. Ripley uses the middle rope to choke Asuka while staring out at Flair, as the referee counts. Ripley drops Asuka again and kicks her in the back a few times. Ripley puts a boot to the back and grinds it to keep Asuka down.
Ripley continues to dominate Asuka now. Ripley with clotheslines now. Asuka fights back but Ripley levels her with a kick to the forehead. Asuka goes out for a breather but Ripley follows and stays on her. Asuka mounts some comeback offense now, rolling Ripley into the ring for a 2 count. Asuka gets sent back to the floor in front of Flair. They have words. Ripley comes out and drops Asuka with a big headbutt. Flair applauds. Ripley brings Asuka back in the ring. Ripley takes her time getting back in. She clubs Asuka but Asuka fights back on her feet now. Ripley with a Northern Lights suplex for a close 2 count.
Ripley goes for the Riptide but it’s blocked with double knees to the face. Asuka goes on but Ripley kicks out at 2. They both end up on the floor again. Ripley wanders over to Flair and they have words. Asuka leaps off the announcer’s table with a Hip Attack to Ripley’s face. Asuka brings Ripley back in and nails a missile dropkick from the top. Ripley kicks out just in time.
Asuka with a Hip Attack in the corner but Ripley catches her. Ripley gets out and ends up nailing Riptide in the middle of the ring for the pin to win.
Winner: Rhea Ripley
– After the match, Ripley stands tall with the title in the air as her music hits. Flair stands at ringside and claps as the announcers hype the Triple Threat at WrestleMania Backlash.
– We get another video package to hype the WWE Title feud. Kevin Patrick is backstage with Drew McIntyre now, asking why he attacked Bobby Lashley and Braun Strowman last week. Drew had no plans to get involved until Braun put his dirty hands on him, but it was his pleasure to deliver Claymore Kicks to both. Drew heard about the plan to team up on him tonight and if it happens, he’s toast, but he can’t worry about that right now. He’s going to do the one thing he couldn’t do at WrestleMania – connect with that Claymore to get the win over Lashley tonight, and then take back the title on Sunday at Backlash.
Damian Priest vs. John Morrison
We go back to the ring and out comes John Morrison with The Miz. If Morrison wins this match, he gets to pick the WrestleMania Backlash stipulation for Miz vs. Damian Priest. If Priest wins tonight, he gets to pick the stipulation. Miz and Morrison hit the ring and pose as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Priest as The Miz and Morrison look on. Priest fires his imaginary arrow to set the pyro off, then he heads to the ring. The bell rings and here we go. Priest unloads in the corner and stomps away after Morrison goes down. Priest keeps control and nails a sidewalk slam for a close 2 count.
Priest grounds Morrison by his arm now as Miz rants at the referee from ringside, accusing Priest of cheating. Morrison turns it around on the mat with strikes. Priest resists but Morrison rocks him with a knee strike to the mouth for a close 2 count. Morrison grounds Priest now as Miz runs his mouth at ringside. More back and forth into the corner now. Priest turns it around and rocks Morrison with strikes. Priest leaps and misses in the corner. Morrison ends up kicking Priest in the nose from the apron. Morrison springboards up but Priest catches him. Morrison lands hard as they tangle some more until Priest rocks him in mid-air for a 2 count due to Morrison getting the bottom rope.
Morrison re-groups with Miz at ringside now as the referee counts. Priest comes out and has words with Miz after rolling Morrison back in. Miz gets ready to fight with Priest at ringside as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Priest levels Morrison with a spin kick for a 2 count. Miz gets involved and Priest ends up dropped at ringside by a running boot while Morrison distracts the referee. Morrison follows and brings Priest back in. They tangle and Morrison drops Priest with a modified leg sweep for a 2 count. Morrison grounds Priest with a neck hold now as Miz taunts Priest from ringside. Fans try to rally for Priest. Priest powers up and breaks the hold, then hits the Bell Clap on Morrison. Priest drops Morrison with a big kick.
Priest with huge kicks to Morrison now, then a right hand to send him into the corner. Priest flies and decks Morrison in the corner, then hits a Broken Arrow for a close 2 count. Priest goes to the top but Morrison rocks him a few times. Morrison climbs up but Priest resists. Priest sends Morrison to the mat. Priest with a big spin kick from the top to Morrison on the mat. Morrison still kicks out at 2. Priest waits for Morrison to get up now.
Morrison counters and rolls Priest for 2. Priest blocks the sliding knee with a kick. Priest goes for Hit The Lights but Miz ends up distracting the referee from the apron, which messes up Morrison’s chance to win. Priest levels Morrison and then delivers Hit The Lights for the pin to win.
Winner: Damian Priest
– After the match, Miz immediately hits the ring and unloads on Priest. Priest blocks the Skull Crushing Finale and goes for a kick but Miz retreats to the stage as fans boo, leaving Morrison down in the ring. Priest grabs Morrison and delivers another Hit The Lights as Miz looks on from the stage. Priest stands tall and stares up at Miz as his music plays. Priest has earned the right to pick the stipulation for his match with The Miz on Sunday.
– We see Drew McIntyre backstage warming up for the main event. We also see Bobby Lashley warming up. Braun Strowman walks in and stares Lashley down. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a new vignette with Eva Marie, who is at a photo shoot. She talks about seeing levels of fame and fortune she never imagined at the beginning of her career. Some people see her as a supermodel but she likes to see herself as a super role model. She says she’s had everything she ever wanted and she wants others to see their wildest dreams come true as well, but they have to be willing to put in the work. She says everybody wants that one perfect picture but they don’t realize it takes 99 bad ones to get there. She says life is not picture perfect but anything’s possible. This is Eva-Lution. Coming soon.
– Adam Pearce is backstage when Damian Priest walks in. His stipulation for the match with The Miz on Sunday is a Lumberjack Match, so Miz can’t run away. Priest is ready to deal with The Miz in the middle of the ring. Pearce agrees and makes the match.
– The announcers go over the card for Sunday’s WrestleMania Backlash pay-per-view.
Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre
We go back to the ring for tonight’s non-title main event as WWE Champion Bobby Lashley makes his way out with MVP. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and announced for RAW Talk are Jinder Mahal, Charlotte Flair and Braun Strowman. We go back to the ring and Lashley waits with MVP as Drew McIntyre makes his way out for the main event. Drew and Lashley stare each other down in the middle of the ring as Lashley raises the title. Drew hits the corner to pose for a pop as more pyro goes off around the arena.
The bell rings and Drew charges but Lashley immediately goes for The Hurt Lock. Drew resists and goes down but kicks out of a quick pin attempt. Lashley grounds Drew with a headlock now as MVP barks from ringside. Drew dumps Lashley to the apron but Lashley hangs on. Lashley drops Drew’s neck over the top rope. He comes back in and nails a running thrust in the corner, then a neckbreaker.
Lashley works Drew over as we see Braun Strowman watching the match backstage. The referee counts as Lashley keeps control in the corner. Lashley unloads with elbow strikes in the corner now. Drew turns it right around and unloads with stiff strikes in the corner. Lashley fights back and beats Drew down with strikes to the head. Drew levels Lashley with a big boot. Drew follows Lashley to the floor but gets kicked. Drew grabs Lashley and launches him at ringside, forcing a hard landing on the floor. We go to commercial with Drew in control.
Back from the break and Lashley is trying to fight out of a corner but Drew chops him. Lashley whips him across the ring but runs into an elbow. Lashley drops Drew and then sends him face-first into the mat for a close 2 count. Lashley mounts Drew with strikes now, then applies a headlock. Drew fights up and out. Lashley ducks a clothesline and goes for a suplex but it’s blocked. Drew with a long vertical suplex of his own in the middle of the ring. MVP continues to yell from ringside.
Drew runs into big boots in the corner and he goes down. Lashley manhandles Drew in the corner while he’s down as the referee warns him. Lashley charges and knocks Drew from the apron to the floor now as fans boo. Lashley continues beating Drew up at ringside as the referee counts. Lashley returns to the ring but Drew follows at the 4 count. Lashley drops Drew over the top rope and stuns him. Lashley brings Drew back to the floor and runs him into the ring post. MVP and Lashley celebrate after Drew goes back down and fans boo.
Lashley brings Drew back into the ring, and waits in the corner. Lashley charges but Drew side-steps and launches him into the turnbuckles. They trade big strikes getting to their feet now. Drew catches Lashley with a big overhead throw, and another. Drew goes on and nails a neckbreaker, then hits a kip up as fans cheer him on. Lashley blocks the Futureshock DDT. Drew stuns Lashley with a Glasgow Kiss. Drew goes on and hits a big Spinebuster in the middle of the ring but Lashley kicks out at 2. MVP is losing his mind at ringside now.
Drew charges but Lashley counters with a crossbody block in the middle of the ring. Lashley applies The Hurt Lock now but Drew resists. Lashley with knee strikes to the gut now, then a suplex. Drew comes right back with a big Claymore Kick. The music interrupts and out comes Braun Strowman. Drew looks at the stage for Braun’s entrance but Braun attacks from behind in the ring instead. The referee calls the match for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Drew McIntyre
– After the bell, Braun delivers the running powerslam to Drew. Braun helps Lashley up in the corner now. Lashley is all smiles as fans boo. Lashley hugs Braun but Braun scoops him and delivers the running powerslam for a big pop. MVP seethes at ringside as fans cheer Braun on. Braun delivers a second powerslam to Drew. Lashley stumbles to the floor near MVP now, right in front of the announce table. Braun follows and blocks a cane shot from MVP. Braun says instead of dropping MVP, he’s going to make MVP watch him take Lashley out. Braun scoops Lashley and drives him through the barrier with a big powerslam. Braun comes back in the ring and yells in Drew’s face. Braun delivers a third running powerslam to Drew in the middle of the ring. Braun stands tall and yells out as he rips his shirt off now. Braun’s music starts up as we see MVP tending to Lashley at ringside in the debris of the barrier. The final RAW before WrestleMania Backlash goes off the air with Strowman standing tall over McIntyre in the ring.