– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens live from the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio. Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by Corey Graves and Renee Young, who is filling in for Jonathan Coachman as he’s away on assignment.
– We go right to the ring and out comes Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre as Braun’s music hits.
Braun takes the mic and says he has something he wants us to see again before he gets started. We get a video package showing Braun, Ziggler and McIntyre taking out The Shield last week. Braun says that’s what he calls justice. He tried to do this face-to-face, monster-to-man. All Roman Reigns had to do was take his beating but he runs in a pack and his brothers had to come out and save him, put a shield around him. Braun says Reigns knows that without The Shield, the WWE Universal Title belongs to Braun. Braun says he had to go about things a little differently and he doesn’t give a damn if the people like it or not. Braun says he has a pack of his own now and he’s going to show Reigns that this is his yard. Braun says at Hell In a Cell he’s going to dismantle Reigns, break his spirit, break his back and take what’s rightfully his.
Drew takes the mic and wants everyone to take a moment to look at them. Drew says The Shield has had their time but now it’s over. Drew says we’re looking at the new kings of the jungle around here and they’re going to feast on The Shield’s bloody carcasses. Ziggler says they will be the most dominant force in WWE history. More dominant than The Nation of Domination, DX and The Shield. Ziggler says The Shield started this but they are going to end it. The music interrupts and we see The Shield in the crowd – Reigns, Dean Ambrose and WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins.
The Shield marches through the crowd to the ring. Acting RAW General Manager Baron Corbin appears on the stage and brings out the RAW roster to get in between the two sides. The Shield takes out a bunch of RAW Superstars at ringside. The Shield surrounds the ring now as Braun, Ziggler and McIntyre look on. Corbin brings out more Superstars from the back but The Shield fights them off at ringside. The Shield hits the ring and a six-man brawl breaks out. More Superstars run down from the back now and the ring is full of bodies. The brawl keeps breaking out as Superstars try to hold them back. Braun, Ziggler and McIntyre are led to the back while The Shield is held at ringside. Fans chant “let them fight” now. The Shield breaks free and runs to the back. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened. The cameras cut backstage and security is involved in breaking the brawl up now. The Shield is loaded up into a police van and hauled away from the arena.
The Bella Twins vs. The Riott Squad
We go back to the ring and The Riott Squad waits – Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan and Ruby Riott. JoJo does the introductions. The Bella Twins, Nikki Bella and Brie Bella, are out next for their red brand in-ring returns. We go right back to commercial.
Back from the break and Nikki starts off with Liv. They taunt each other and Nikki goes after Liv but she hits the ropes. Logan tags in next as Ruby looks on from ringside. Logan and Nikki lock up. Logan takes it to the ropes and works Bella over. Nikki takes Logan down for a 2 count and works on her arm next. Nikki takes Logan back down and keeps her grounded by the arm. Logan avoids the Rack Attack 2.0 and slams Nikki. Logan keeps Nikki down by her arm now.
Nikki keeps control and takes Logan down by her arm from the second rope. Logan kicks out at 2. Brie tags in for some double teaming. They drop Logan and Brie covers for a 2 count. Liv tags in and kicks Brie for a 2 count. Liv keeps control and drops Brie with a knee, keeping her grounded with a hold. Liv talks some trash but Brie rocks her with forearms. Liv ducks a shot and drops Brie by her hair for a 2 count. Logan tags back in and keeps control of Brie. Brie runs the ropes and hits a dropkick. Brie with the Yes Kicks to Logan now. Liv runs in but Brie dropkicks her. Brie goes into Brie Mode and delivers knees to Logan and then Liv. Ruby gets on the apron for a distraction but Brie swings at her. This leads to Logan decking Brie and pulling her to the floor. Logan works over Brie and talks trash as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Riott Squad remains in control. Nikki finally gets the hot tag and unloads as Liv also comes in. Nikki with more offense and a big kick out of the corner for a 2 count as Logan breaks the pin. Nikki tosses Logan to the floor. Ruby hits the apron but Nikki decks her. Brie runs the ropes and lands bad on a dive to Logan and Ruby. Liv and Nikki go at it but Liv can’t get the pin. Nikki hits the Rack Attack 2.0 for the pin.
Winners: The Bella Twins
– After the match, The Bella Twins stand tall in the middle of the ring as we get replays. The Riott Squad backs up the ramp.
– We go back to the announcers. Still to come, Shawn Michaels will be here. Also, hometown star Alexa Bliss faces Natalya and The B Team defends their titles against The Revival.
– Baron Corbin is backstage on the phone with RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon. Corbin says The Shield has been arrested, The Bellas are back and RAW is on track. Corbin hangs up after thanking Stephanie. Finn Balor appears and he’s all smiles. They have words and Balor says Corbin needs to start acting like a man. Balor wants his rematch with Corbin tonight to find out who the better man really is. Corbin says Balor talks a good game for a little guy but he will shut him up tonight. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Corbin vs. Balor is confirmed for tonight. Cole talks about WWE supporting Connor’s Cure and Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month in September.
– Charly Caruso is backstage with Chad Gable and Bobby Roode. She asks what led to this new partnership. Gable says he keeps a close eye on everything that goes on around here and lately he’s been captivated by how Roode carries himself in the spotlight. Gable wanted in on that and here we are.
Chad Gable and Bobby Roode vs. The Ascension
We go to the ring and out comes Bobby Roode and Chad Gable to Roode’s music. The Ascension waits in the ring.
Konnor takes the ring first and knocks Roode for not being able to make it in the singles division. Konnor also disses Gable and laughs at him with Viktor. Viktor starts with Gable. Gable takes control early on and hits German suplexes on both opponents. Gable tags in Roode and he goes at it with Viktor. Roode with offense and a suplex of his own. Viktor rams Roode back into the corner and in comes Konnor for a quick double team. Konnor talks trash and beats Roode down. Viktor comes back in and keeps Roode grounded.
Viktor with more offense on Roode for a 2 count. Konnor tags back in and drops a big elbow for a close 2 count. Konnor keeps Roode grounded with a headlock now. Viktor tags back in for a quick double team. Viktor with a 2 count on Roode. Roode fights up and out. Gable tags in and Viktor doesn’t see it. Gable unloads and hits a crossbody. Gable dropkicks Konnor off the apron and hits another suplex on Viktor. Gable with a cannonball from the apron to Konnor on the floor. Gable goes up top and dropkicks Viktor in the face. Gable keeps control and hits the bridge German suplex for the pin.
Winners: Chad Gable and Bobby Roode
– After the match, Roode enters the ring and gets fired up when raising Gable’s arm. Gable’s music plays as we go to replays. Roode and Gable seem to be really excited.
– Elias is backstage talking to a staffer. He walks off and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Elias is in the ring with a guitar.
Elias introduces himself and starts playing. He sings about getting hit by WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus last week and invites everyone to follow him to the promise land. Elias asks who wants to walk with him. He goes on about Trish and says she just embarrassed herself last week. Elias goes on and starts taking shots at Columbus, then Ohio State. The music interrupts and out comes hometown star Alexa Bliss to a pop. Mickie James and Alicia Fox are with her.
Bliss reminds Elias how she’s from Columbus and graduated high school in this very building. She does the Ohio State chant and fans go along with. Bliss then turns and calls them mindless sheep. Bliss says everything Elias said about her hometown is 100% true and she couldn’t move out of this dump fast enough. She goes on and mentions tonight’s match with Natalya, the Evolution match with Trish and the Hell In a Cell match with RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey. Bliss asks Elias to play the song he was about to perform because she wants to walk with Elias. Elias starts playing but Rousey’s music interrupts and out she comes. Rousey waits on the ramp and out next comes Natalya. They head to the ring together. Bliss and her crew look on as Natalya talks strategy with Rousey. Back to commercial.
Natalya vs. Alexa Bliss
Back from the break and the match is underway. Bliss plays games and takes control. Natalya takes Bliss down into an armbar as Rousey cheers her on. They tangle on the mat some. Natalya catches a kick and mounts some offense.
Natalya tosses Bliss and hits the basement dropkick for a 2 count. Bliss rocks Natalya with a big right hand. Bliss goes to work on Natalya in the corner now. The referee warns her, allowing Fox and James to get a few cheap shots in. Bliss drops Natalya with a DDT and taunts Rousey. Bliss stares at Rousey and applies the armbar to Natalya in the middle of the ring. Natalya taps out.
Winner: Alexa Bliss
– After the match, Bliss keeps the hold applied until Rousey enters the ring. Bliss tries to come back in but Rousey catches her. Fox and James run in for the triple team but Rousey fights them off. Bliss takes out Rousey’s knee from behind. Bliss brings Rousey to the floor and sends her into the steel ring steps. Bliss brings it back into the ring but Rousey fights back, sending Bliss out of the ring. Rousey checks on Natalya while Bliss, Fox and James back up the ramp. Rousey’s music hits as the two sides stare each other down.
– We get a look at the opening segment with The Shield, Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre. Mike Rome is at the local police precinct and has reported that The Shield were fingerprinted & booked.
– Baron Corbin is backstage yelling at a staffer. Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre come in. Strowman suggests Corbin find them some competition. Ziggler says they aren’t asking because this is their show. Ziggler wants a RAW Tag Team Title shot with Drew against The B Team but Corbin says they’ve already promoted the match with The Revival vs. The B Team. It sounds like Ziggler and McIntyre are headed off to attack The Revival so they can’t compete. Braun stares down Corbin. Braun suggests Corbin do his job tonight and find him some competition.
– Still to come, Shawn Michaels will be here. Also, The Revival vs. The B Team for the titles.
– Charly Caruso is backstage with The Revival, Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. They start talking about The B Team but in comes McIntyre and Ziggler with an attack. They destroy Dawson and Wilder, then walk off. We go to commercial.
RAW Tag Team Title Match: Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler vs. The B Team
Back from the break and out comes RAW Tag Team Champions The B Team, Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. The Revival’s music hits next but they aren’t coming out. JoJo announces them again but here comes Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler instead.
Drew starts off with a cheap shot to Dallas and shots to Axel. Drew tosses Axel across the ring and tags in Ziggler for some double teaming. Dallas pulls the rope down and sends Drew to the floor. Axel with pin attempts on Ziggler. The B Team keeps control and sends their opponents out of the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Drew is in control of Dallas. Fans rally for Dallas but Drew brings him back down. Ziggler comes in and keeps Dallas down. Dallas fights back but Ziggler kicks him in the gut and then dropkicks him in the face. Ziggler with a 2 count. Drew tags back in and beats Dallas into the corner. McIntyre with chops and trash talking while Dallas is placed on the top. Dallas fights back and nails a tornado DDT.
Drew tries to stop a tag now. Dallas counters a move and hits a neckbreaker. Axel and Ziggler tag in at the same time. Axel unloads and gets fired up. Axel gets the B Team chant going. Axel blocks a counter and hits the Perfect-plex but Drew breaks the pin up. Drew slams Axel but Dallas comes from behind and beats on him. Drew sends Dallas face-first into the corner. The referee backs Drew out of the ring. Ziggler goes to tag but Axel rolls him up for a 2 count. Ziggler superkicks Axel and lays him out. Drew tags back in for the Zig Zag – Claymore combo. Drew covers for the win and the titles.
Winners and New RAW Tag Team Champions: Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, McIntyre and Ziggler stand tall with the titles as their music hits. We go to replays.
– We see WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick backstage walking with The Authors of Pain. He’s wearing the same gear as Akam and Rezar.
– Cole leads us to a video for WWE’s new Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month campaign.
The Authors of Pain vs. Keith Thompson and Jimmy James
Back from the break and out comes Drake Maverick with The Authors of Pain, Akam and Rezar. Drake introduces himself as the 205 Live General Manager and says he’s also the manager of The Authors of Pain. Drake says he’s going to make them the next RAW Tag Team Champions. Two enhancement talents wait across the ring, Jimmy James and Keith Thompson.
The Authors destroy both opponents and hit a Super Collider for the easy squash.
Winners: The Authors of Pain
– After the match, Drake stands with Akam and Rezar as we go to replays.
– The announcers lead us to a video package for Triple H vs. The Undertaker at Super Show-Down.
– Back from the break and Natalya is backstage with Ronda Rousey. The Bella Twins walk in and greet them. Natalya is tired of all the games and says she just doesn’t feel good, she needs some time alone. Natalya walks off. The Bellas give props to Rousey and offer to help her train some time. Rousey says she’s good with Natalya and Nikki also offers to help her outside of the ring. The Bellas leave on good terms with Rousey.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels to a pop.
HBK takes in the reaction and plugs the WWE Network. Michaels says he’s here to talk about the WWE Super Show-Down event from Australia on October 6. Michaels talks about Triple H vs. The Undertaker and says the match will be insane. So insane that he will be there personally to see the match. Michaels says this will be a match that we all never forget, and he can almost guarantee that. Michaels brings up the Legends predicting Taker to win the match and says he might agree if The Streak was still intact but it’s not. Michaels was surprised to see how many Legends picked Taker to win. Michaels says he agrees with one of the WWE Hall of Famers, Steve Austin, because they think Triple H will win.
Michaels goes on and talks about his friendship with Triple H. Michaels says Taker needs to understand that Triple H is still The Game and The Cerebral Assassin. Michaels thinks Triple H has a lot more left in the tank than Taker does. Michaels goes on but the bells toll and fans pop. The lights go out as Taker’s grand entrance starts up.
Taker marches to the ring as Michaels looks on. Taker takes the mic and says this just became personal. He brings up the friendship between Triple H and HBK but the “Undertaker” chants pick up. Taker says in the 20 years of their friendship he took the best Triple H had and the best Michaels had, and he put them both down. Taker says he reached in and took part of their souls out, and their egos can’t accept it. Taker says he took the one thing that Michaels can’t accept – his career. Michaels asks if that’s what Taker thinks this is about. Michaels wants to make something perfectly clear – he is a man of his word. Someone had to restore faith in the system, someone had to stand on what he said. Michaels knows everyone else in the business can say what they want and then change it 6 months later but he has stayed retired because he is a man of honor, a man of integrity. He has stayed retired out of respect for the system, respect for the fans and most importantly, respect for Taker. Fans chant “one more match” now.
Shawn says he hears the chants every time he steps into an arena. Taker interrupts him and asks about respect. Shawn goes on about how he’s turned down millions of dollars and people wanting a match with him, every year. He stayed retired out of respect to Taker. Fans chant “one more match” again. Shawn turns his back on Taker and looks to leave. Taker asks if it’s really respect or is it fear. Shawn stops and turns around. Taker says if Shawn had ever chosen to come out of retirement, there would have been just one person Shawn came for – him. Taker says make no mistake about it, he would put Shawn down all over again. Shawn knows it, Taker knows it, the fans know it. Taker says there’s one other thing Shawn knows – in Melbourne, Australia, Taker is going to put Shawn’s buddy Triple H down again. Taker drops the mic and exits the ring as his music starts up. Shawn looks on as Taker marches up the ramp. Taker stops and looks back at the ring. He faces the big screen again and raises his fist as the lightning goes off. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see Finn Balor getting ready backstage. Baron Corbin walks in and has bad news – he’s been so busy tonight and won’t be able to wrestle Balor. Corbin says Balor still has a match and will still be in the main event. His opponent is Braun Strowman. Corbin wishes Balor good luck and walks off.
– We go back to the announcers. Mike Rome is reporting that The Shield appeared in front of a judge at the local precinct and were arraigned on charges of inciting a riot, criminal damage and disorderly conduct.
Sasha Banks and Bayley vs. Dana Brooke and Ember Moon
We go to the ring and out comes Sasha Banks and Bayley. Dana Brooke is out next with Titus O’Neil and Apollo Crews. Ember Moon is out next to join her.
Bayley starts off with Dana and they go at it. Sasha quickly tags in for some double teaming in the corner. The double team continues as Dana goes to the floor for a breather. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ember fights Bayley off. Ember looks to tag but Bayley drops her. Ember fights off both opponents now and hits a double crossbody. Dana tags in and goes at it with Sasha. Sasha misses knees in the corner. Dana puts Sasha on her shoulders but Banks slides out. Dana blocks the Backstabber and hits an enziguri. Dana screams out and looks at Titus Worldwide saying she’s got this. Dana then misses a move on Sasha in the corner. Sasha takes advantage and rolls her up for the win..
Winners: Sasha Banks and Bayley
– After the match, The Boss & Hug Connection leaves as their music hits. Dana argues with Titus and Crews at ringside. She says she’s had it with both of them and she’s done. Dana walks off on her own.
– Still to come, Strowman vs. Balor.
– Bobby Lashley is backstage coming out of Baron Corbin’s office. Charly Caruso asks what the meeting was all about. Lashley says it wasn’t much of a meeting but he got this piece of paper. Caruso says it’s a performance review. Corbin is sending Lashley to an in-ring meditation with Jinder Mahal because he’s angry and dangerous. Lashley laughs and says this is the best thing for him. Lashley says he feels too tense sometimes and he’s looking forward to meeting Jinder to find his inner peace tonight.
– We go to the ring and out comes Jinder Mahal with Sunil Singh. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Bobby Lashley to the ring. There’s a large carpet in the middle. Jinder says he can help Lashley harness his negative energy. Jinder has Lashley sit in the middle of the ring with he and Singh. Jinder leads Lashley in some breathing exercises but here comes Kevin Owens out of nowhere, attacking Lashley from behind. Lashley tries to fight back but Jinder stops him. Lashley fights him off but turns around to a superkick from Owens. Owens powerbombs Lashley on the apron and screams out.
– Back from the break and it’s announced that Triple H and WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley will be on RAW next week.
– The announcers report that The Shield has been released from jail.
Braun Strowman vs. Finn Balor
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event and out first comes Finn Balor. Braun Strowman is out next with new RAW Tag Team Champions Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre.
The bell rings and Balor tries to beat on Braun but he just takes it. Braun overpowers and drops Balor. Balor goes for a Sleeper but Braun rams him into the corner. Braun with a big headbutt now. Braun keeps control until they end up on the floor and Balor makes a comeback. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Braun has Balor grounded in the middle of the ring. McIntyre and Ziggler look on from ringside. They go back to the floor and Balor manages to connect with a Slingblade. Balor goes back in and boots Braun when he returns. Braun shoves Balor into the corner but runs into boots. Braun comes right back and smashes Balor in the corner to send him back down.
Balor comes flying out of the corner with a dropkick. Strowman scoops Balor but he counters and goes for another Sleeper hold. Braun backs him into the corner. Braun charges but hits the ring post and tumbles out to the floor. McIntyre and Ziggler check on Braun. Balor runs the ropes and nails a dive, taking all three heels out on the outside. Braun brings Balor back into the ring but Balor kicks him in the head. Balor goes to the top for a Coup de Grace but Braun meets him and grabs him by the neck. Balor fights and goes for another Sleeper, then a bodyscissors. Balor brings Braun to the mat with a triangle.
Braun powers up and slams Balor. Braun keeps control and hits the big powerslam for the pin.
Winner: Braun Strowman
– After the match, Braun stands tall as his music hits. McIntyre and Ziggler join Braun in the ring, looking down at Balor. They grab Balor and whip him into another powerslam from Strowman. Fans chant for Balor as he’s tossed out to the floor. McIntyre takes the steel steps apart. They bring Balor over to the steps and go for the Shield-style triple powerbomb but the sirens go off. The heels look around and finally we see the police van from earlier, backing into the arena next to the stage. Braun orders Ziggler and McIntyre back into the ring. WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns hops out of the driver’s side. Reigns opens the back doors and here comes Dean Ambrose with WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins. The Shield’s music hits as they march to the ring. McIntyre, Ziggler and Strowman wait for a fight.
The Shield marches down the ramp but here comes Kevin Owens, The Ascension, Drew Gulak, The Authors of Pain, Elias, Jinder Mahal and several more Superstars from behind. They destroy The Shield on the ramp and at ringside. Braun and others send steel steps into Reigns at ringside. Ambrose is taken out on the stage. Rollins is launched from the stage into the side of the police van. Braun rams the steps into Reigns’ face again. McIntyre and Ziggler stomp on Ambrose on top of the announce table. Ziggler slams a van door into Rollins’ face. McIntyre drops Ambrose on the stage with a running boot while others hold him. Ziggler superkicks Rollins while others hold him. Braun scoops Reigns at ringside and hits a powerslam on the floor. Fans boo as McIntyre, Ziggler and Strowman return to the ring. The other Superstars look on from ringside and The Shield is down at their feet. Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre raise their arms and yell out, looking down at The Shield on the floor. RAW goes off the air.
Major Plans for The Shield Revealed, Brock Lesnar’s WWE Future, The Undertaker Return News, Must See New Mandy Rose & Lana & Nikki Bella, Hulk Hogan Back on WWE TV?, Big WWE Heel Turn Coming This Month, New WWE Couple Revealed, More
- Former IMPACT World Champion Makes Debut At AEW Double Or Nothing, Becomes New Number One Contender
- Update on Why Fenix Was Pulled From Double or Nothing
- Cody Rhodes Becomes First Ever TNT Champion At AEW Double Or Nothing
- John Cena Behind Large Donation On Shad Gaspard’s GoFundMe? Edge Promotes New Animated Series
- New AEW Women’s Champion Crowned At Tonight’s Double Or Nothing
- Former IMPACT World Champion Makes Debut At AEW Double Or Nothing, Becomes New Number One Contender
- Brian Cage Has Been Signed With AEW Since January
- Cody Rhodes Becomes First Ever TNT Champion At AEW Double Or Nothing
- New AEW Women’s Champion Crowned At Tonight’s Double Or Nothing
- The Undertaker Admits He’s Envious Of Shawn Michaels For Retiring and Being Good With It, Says He’s Searching For That Clarity