– Tonight’s WWE SmackDown opens live from the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon. Tom Phillips welcomes us. He’s joined by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.
– We go right to the ring and SmackDown General Manager Paige is waiting with a mic. Paige says she was told this job would be many things before she took it but she didn’t think she would be put in a position like this. She talks about the heinous crime Samoa Joe committed last week and shows us a replay of Joe outside of the home of WWE Champion AJ Styles.
Paige says the Styles family is alright. She sent authorities to the home right away and Joe did not make it into the home. Paige says charges were filed and Joe was charged with trespassing. Paige says she talked with WWE officials this week and they reached a unanimous decision – Joe should be fired. A mixed reaction starts up from the crowd. Paige says she gave AJ a call before firing Joe and she felt his pain, his emotion. Paige says AJ then told her that he was dropping the charges and shouldn’t be fired. AJ then asked her if he could hand out the punishment to Joe. Paige says Joe vs. Styles is still on for Super Show-Down on Saturday in Australia. Paige introduces a clip from AJ at his home. He apologizes for not being at SmackDown tonight and fans boo. AJ says with everything going on, he just didn’t think he would be able to perform tonight. AJ says this is bigger than WWE. AJ says he didn’t want to do something stupid tonight. He’s not leaving his home until he gets confirmation that Joe is on a plane to Australia. AJ goes on about how his kids need him and he needs to be at home before going to Australia. AJ needs to be there for his daughter because she’s spent the past week looking under her bed for Uncle Joe like he’s some sort of boogeyman. AJ says this is going to end, this needs to end. Joe isn’t coming back from the land Down Under, because that’s exactly where he’s going to put Joe. AJ isn’t talking about putting Joe in a coffin and putting dirt on him, he’s talking about burying Joe alive.
– We go to the announcers and they hype the No DQ, No Countout match between Joe and Styles. Still to come tonight, Aiden English has video evidence against Lana. Also, Becky Lynch has a Super Show-Down surprise.
R-Truth and Carmella vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega
We go to the ring and out comes R-Truth and Carmella rapping to the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out next is Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega. Vega and Carmella talk some trash to start the match. Vega gets the upperhand first but Carmella comes back with a dropkick. Carmella poses and moonwalks for some cheers. Vega comes back and drops Carmella, taunting her against the ropes. Vega ties up Carmella on the ropes as the referee warns her now. Vega with more offense for another 2 count. Carmella with a jawbreaker, allowing Almas and Truth to tag in.
Truth gets the upperhand but misses in the corner. They tangle and Almas poses on the ropes. Vega poses under him. Truth and Carmella do some posing of their own and the two teams face off. Vega and Almas charge but they miss. Almas and Vega roll to the floor to regroup as Fabulous Truth poses in the ring. They start dancing next. Almas baits Truth back into the ring and decks him to slow things back down. Vega ends up charging in the corner with a knee but Truth moves and Almas tumbles to the floor, landing hard. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and the male Superstars go down, allowing a tag from Vega and Carmella. Carmella takes control and unloads, dropping Vega with a Flatliner. Almas breaks the pin up and fans boo him for it. Truth unloads on Almas and takes him down with help from Carmella. Vega comes from behind and dodges a kick but Carmella ends up applying the Code of Silence for the win.
Winners: Carmella and R-Truth
– Tye Dillinger approaches Paige backstage and says he wants Randy Orton. Paige says he defeated Shinsuke Nakamura last week and technically… Dillinger interrupts and says he will deal with Nakamura later but he can’t let Orton’s actions slide. Paige points out how Jeff Hardy has been away since dealing with Orton. Dillinger doesn’t care, he wants to take care of Orton. Paige ends up making the match and Tye walks off.
– We go to the ring and out comes SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day – Big E, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston, for their pancakes cooking demonstration. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and The New Day is in the ring for their pilot cooking show episode. They talk about defending against The Bar, Cesaro and Sheamus, at WWE Super Show-Down on Saturday and admits they’ve been a bit off when it comes to The Bar as of late. They introduce the staffer who often appears in their segments and reveal that he’s the one who cooks their pancakes each week. They introduce him as Chef Mr. Booty-worth. They go on and are interrupted by The Bar.
Sheamus says it looks like we have another week of The New Day coming out and acting like children, playing with food instead of training for a title match. Woods says The Bar is ruining their pilot filming. Cesaro asks how you can ruin something that’s already awful. Cesaro says they are here to help. Sheamus reminds us Cesaro is from Switzerland and says the Swiss are exceptional at making pastries. Sheamus taunts them and The Bar turns the table over. A brawl breaks out. Sheamus gets sent out of the ring. They go to triple team Cesaro but Sheamus throws a bunch of flour at The New Day. The Bar takes out Kofi with a ring post shot and delivers a big double backbreaker to Woods. They double team Big E with the assisted White Noise next. The Bar stands tall to a mixed reaction. They turn their attention to Mr. Booty-worth next. They take his hat, fill it with pancake batter and then put it on his head to humiliate him. Cesaro dumps the rest of the batter over the guy next and then they yell at him until he leaves the ring. The Bar stands tall over the title belts as their music hits.
– Still to come, Aiden English has video evidence against Lana. Also, Tye Dillinger vs. Randy Orton.
– The announcers plug the new WWE 2K19 video game and send us to the new “Never Say Never” commercial for the game.
Tye Dillinger vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and Tye Dillinger is out. Randy Orton is out next and Dillinger stares him down.
Dillinger meets Orton at ringside and unloads on him before the bell. He brings it back in the ring but Orton gets the upperhand and beats Dillinger into the corner. Dillinger fights back and clotheslines Orton over the top to the floor. Dillinger follows but Orton kicks him and slams him face first into the announce table. Orton tries to slam Tye on top of the table but he blocks it. Tye fights back and slams Orton on the table. Dillinger mounts Orton on top of the table and pounds on him. Orton counters and tosses Dillinger over the barrier. Orton goes on and hits the draping DDT from the barrier to the floor.
Orton removes part of the steel ring steps as the referee warns him. Orton takes one of the turnbuckle bolts and places Tye’s finger in it. Orton twists and bends the finger around as Dillinger screams in pain. Orton finally lets go and leaves Dillinger down in pain.
– Still to come, Daniel Bryan vs. Shelton Benjamin.
– Benjamin is backstage warming up when The Miz walks in. Miz says “you’re welcome” and says he saw Benjamin’s recent tweet about wanting a match, and agrees that Benjamin is over-looked. Miz says Benjamin is the real deal. Miz says he put in a call to get Benjamin the match with Goat Boy. Miz asks Benjamin if he’s going to beat Bryan and he says yes. Miz says Benjamin needs to do more than that – he needs to hurt Bryan, maim him, make a statement. Benjamin says his statement is that he’s been sitting on the bench waiting to remind everyone how good he is, and Bryan is just a casualty. Miz says that’s what he wanted to hear and he will be on commentary to see the match. They shake hands.
– Aiden English is talking to a staffer about having the production truck ready for what he has to reveal tonight. English says this needs to be in high definition. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Rusev and Lana. Rusev calls out Aiden English to reveal this bogus footage he supposedly has.
English comes out and says this evidence is right here but first he has some facts about Milwaukee. Lana says he’s stalling and has nothing. English says he’s just providing context. English introduces “One Night In Milwaukee” and the video opens with English talking into his phone, apparently in a hotel room. It looks like English was working on his promo for that night, the last time WWE was in Milwaukee. There’s a knock on the door and it’s Lana. Lana said she didn’t have a lot of time but she wants to get something off her chest, something she had been thinking for a long time. The video cuts off after Lana says “I want you” but clearly there was more that English is hiding.
It looks like Rusev is asking Lana what’s up with the video. English says he wants to show us the rest of the video but he can’t yet because of legal reasons. English says he’s entertaining a large offer from TMZ and he wouldn’t want to… cheat on them. Rusev and Lana argue in the ring and Lana says it’s not how it looks. Rusev exits the ring and runs up the ramp, chasing English to the back. Lana stands alone in the ring and fans boo her.
– The announcers talk WWE Super Show-Down and replay footage from last night’s RAW with Kane, The Undertaker, Triple H and WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels.
– Still to come, Becky Lynch has a surprise for Super Show-Down.
Daniel Bryan vs. Shelton Benjamin
We go to the ring and out comes Daniel Bryan as Greg Hamilton does the introductions. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rusev is looking for Aiden English backstage. A staffer points him in the right direction. Lana stops Rusev and wants to explain but he says they’re not doing this here. We go back to the ring and Shelton Benjamin is making his entrance. The Miz is on commentary.
The bell rings and Benjamin quickly takes control and works Bryan around the ring. Bryan turns it around with kicks in the corner. Benjamin cuts the momentum off and drops Bryan, focusing on the ribs. Benjamin with a 2 count. More back and forth now. Bryan goes for the Yes Lock but Benjamin breaks it by getting the bottom rope.
They end up back on the floor and Benjamin launches Bryan between the apron and the barrier a few times, manhandling him. Benjamin lifts Bryan and drops his ribs over the barrier. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan starts making a comeback. Benjamin cuts him off and nails a German suplex for a 2 count. Benjamin ends up running into the turnbuckles as Bryan moves. Bryan with a corner dropkick. He goes for another but Benjamin charges in with a knee to the chest. Benjamin with another 2 count. Bryan makes another comeback and delivers the Yes Kicks. Benjamin catches a kick but Bryan drops him with an enziguri. Bryan waits for Benjamin to get up and leads a “yes!” chant but Miz gets up from commentary and hits the apron. Benjamin takes advantage of the distraction and hits Paydirt for the pin.
Winner: Shelton Benjamin
– After the match, Miz attacks Bryan on the outside and beats him down. Miz rams Bryan into the announce table and brings him back into the ring as fans boo. Miz drops Bryan with a Skull Crushing Finale and talks trash in his face about Super Show-Down.
– The announcers show us what happened on RAW with The Shield and Braun Strowman & RAW Tag Team Champions Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre.
– Still to come, Becky Lynch has a Super Show-Down surprise. Also, Asuka vs. Peyton Royce. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Naomi is in the ring with a mic. She plugs WWE’s 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Month campaign with Susan G. Komen and introduces a few survivors along with others affiliated with Komen, and WWE Ambassador Dana Warrior.
Asuka vs. Peyton Royce
We go to the ring and out comes Asuka. Out next are The IIconics, Peyton Royce with Billie Kay. We get a sidebar video of The IIconics talking about returning to Australia for Super Show-Down this weekend, where they will face Asuka and Naomi. Naomi waits at ringside as Asuka watches The IIconics enter the ring. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it. Peyton takes control and drops Asuka for a 2 count. Peyton keeps Asuka grounded now in the middle of the ring. Asuka fights out and drops Royce with kicks. Royce ducks a kick and rolls Asuka up for a 2 count. Royce comes back and drops Asuka for a pin attempt. Royce keeps Asuka grounded in the middle of the ring again.
Asuka fights back and beats Royce into the corner. Asuka counters coming off the second rope and drops Peyton for another pin attempt. They tangle in the middle of the ring and Asuka drops Royce into a kneebar, then an ankle lock. Billie tries to help her break the hold but Naomi comes over and lays her out. Asuka transitions into the Asuka Lock for the submission win.
– After the match, Naomi joins Asuka in the ring and they celebrate as Asuka’s music hits.
– Still to come, Becky Lynch has a Super Show-Down surprise to reveal. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch to a mixed reaction.
Becky talks about how she’s been the best thing going since she took the title at SummerSlam several weeks ago. She’s made the SmackDown women’s division the hottest thing in WWE. She goes on and shows us a video package on the feud with Charlotte Flair. Another “Becky” chant starts up. Becky says she has proven time and time again that she owns Charlotte. Becky says she still can’t get the respect she deserves. She wonders where her magazine covers and action figures with the title are at. Becky goes on about how her face is the face of the company and if no one will give her these opportunities, she will take them herself. She shows us a new Super Show-Down poster she designed, uncovering it with a drum roll. The poster features only Becky with her foot on Flair. Becky says Super Show-Down isn’t about The Undertaker vs. Triple H for the last time, it’s about Becky defending her title for the first time… the music interrupts and out comes Flair.
Flair rushes the ring and the brawl breaks out. Flair nails a Spear to mostly boos. Flair launches Becky into the large poster she revealed. Flair applies the Figure Four and hangs off the apron, tightening the hold. Fans chant for Becky as Flair brings it back in the ring to boos. Flair delivers a “wooooo!” and stands over Becky as her music hits. The announcers hype Flair vs. Lynch for Saturday’s big event in Australia. Flair exits the ring as her music plays. Becky recovers in the ring and clutches the title as Flair talks some trash. SmackDown goes off the air.
- CM Punk Fuels Speculation on His Future, Punk Mocks WWE Tagline for Backlash Match?
- AEW Dynamite Results 5/27/2020
- WWE NXT Results 5/27/2020
- Former UFC Fighters Accompany Mike Tyson In AEW Dynamite Main Event, Tyson and Chris Jericho Brawl
- Possible Teaser for Matt Riddle’s Main Roster Call-Up from WWE NXT