Friday’s WWE SmackDown episode, featuring The Usos vs. Dolph Ziggler and King Baron Corbin in the main event, drew an average of 2.497 million viewers on FOX, according to Showbuzz Daily.
This final number is down from the overnight viewership that was released on Saturday morning, which was an average of 2.503 million viewers. This number is up from last week’s final SmackDown viewership of 2.413 million viewers for the first episode of 2020.
Friday’s SmackDown drew a 0.8 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, a 0.9 rating in the 25-54 demo, and a 0.5 rating in the 18-34 demographic. Last week’s episode drew a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demo, a 0.9 rating in the 25-54 demo, and a 0.5 rating in the 18-34 demographic.
After three weeks in a row at #1 and tying last week for the same #1 spot, SmackDown tied for #1 in the 18-49 demographic on network TV this week, with Hawaii Five-O. SmackDown also came in at #1 in the 18-34 demo this week, for the fourth week in a row. SmackDown tied for #5 in the 25-54 demo, with 20/20 and Lincoln Rhyme, behind Hawaii Five-O, Magnum PI, Blue Bloods and Dateline.
SmackDown came in at #8 for the night in viewership on network TV, for the second week in a row, behind Hawaii Five-O, Magnum PI, Blue Bloods, 20/20, American Housewife, Lincoln Rhyme, and Dateline. Blue Bloods topped the night with 7.906 million viewers.
The NBA game on ESPN between the Lakers and the Mavericks topped the night on the Cable Top 150 with a 0.75 rating in the 18-49 demographic, and just 1.794 million viewers. Hannity topped the night on cable in viewership with 3.288 million viewers, ranking just #12 on the Cable Top 150 with a 0.25 rating in the key demo.
Below is our 2020 SmackDown Viewership Tracker:
January 3 Episode: 2.413 million viewers with a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic
January 10 Episode: 2.497 million viewers with a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic
January 17 Episode:
2019 Total: 112.530 million viewers
2019 Average: 2.164 million viewers per episode
2018 Total: 122.304 million viewers
2018 Average: 2.352 million viewers per episode
2017 Total: 132.401 million viewers
2017 Average: 2.546 million viewers per episode
- Charlotte Flair Lands PWI Magazine Cover with Look Similar to Ric Flair Cover
- WWE SmackDown Results 7/3/2020
- Arn Anderson On Why John Cena Didn’t Want The WWE To Sign A.J. Styles
- WWE Legend Reportedly Produces the SmackDown Urine Segment
- Jim Ross On Shawn Michael’s Unprofessional Conduct During The Wrestlemania 12 Main Event
- Jeff Jarrett Trial Against IMPACT Wrestling Set To Begin This Morning
- Sting Teases Possible Return to the Ring for WWE?
- Bobby Lashley Discusses His Angle With Lana And Feeling Uncomfortable
- WWE Reportedly Purchases EVOLVE, New Wrestlers Being Signed, WWE Picks Up Video Libraries, Gabe Sapolsky’s Indie Career Ends, More
- Sheamus On His Backstage Fight With Yoshi Tatsu
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?