– The post-WrestleMania 35 edition of WWE SmackDown opens live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York City as Tom Phillips welcomes us. He’s joined by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.
– We go right to the ring and out comes The New Day – new WWE Champion Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods and Big E. This is the championship celebration for Kofi, hosted by Big E and Woods, and the ring is dressed up for it. Tom says Kofi’s family are at ringside. We see stills from Kofi’s WrestleMania 35 win over Daniel Bryan.
The music stops and fans begin the “you deserve it!” chant as Kofi. Big E starts talking about the big win and calls Kofi an A Plus Player with extra credit. Big E says Kofi broke his foot off between the cheeks of Bryan, and became our new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. The New Day dances to that last part like only they can. Woods gets the crowd hyped up. Big E says they came to RAW last night to make history. Woods gets everyone to give it up for the split Big E did last night on RAW. The crowd chants for him to do another split and he does it. Kofi and Woods are impressed. They go on about Kofi’s win and mention The Man, Becky Lynch, winning the RAW & SmackDown Women’s Titles at WrestleMania. Fans chant for Becky. They mention having fun at RAW but nothing is like being here at home on the blue brand.
Woods and Big E go on about how tonight is to celebrate the career of a man they call their friend and brother, Kofi Kingston. Fans chant for Kofi again. Woods says he remembers watching Kofi debut and watching his career has been amazing. Woods gets a bit choked up and says it was like meeting one of his heroes when he came to WWE and met Kofi. Woods talks about how they got together and made The New Day happen. Kofi thanks them and says he’s overwhelmed. Kofi talks about how this wasn’t in the cards, but here they are. He gives a special shout-out to his family in the front row, and asks them to stand up. Kofi goes on about how his family has supported him unconditionally. He thanks them and loves them but the music interrupts. Out comes The Bar, Sheamus and Kofi Kingston.
Sheamus says Kofi owes them for saving him from WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins last night. Fans boo as Cesaro says they saved Kofi from losing the WWE Title last night. Fans chant “shut the fuck up!” to The Bar now. Cesaro ends up proposing a six-man match for tonight. Big E wonders who their partner is. Sheamus says they made a friend when they went to RAW. The music hits and out comes Drew McIntyre. The two teams face off as McIntyre’s music plays, McIntyre and The Bar from the ramp.
– The announcers hype tonight’s show. Still to come, The Hardy Boys challenge The Usos for the titles.
Aleister Black, Ali and Ricochet vs. Andrade, Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura
We go to the ring and out comes Aleister Black. He will team with Ricochet and Ali to face Shinsuke Nakamura, Rusev and Andrade in six-man action. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Nakamura is making his way out. Ricochet and Nakamura go at it to start the match. They trade several counters and moves until Ricochet connects with a dropkick for a 2 count. Rusev tags in to unload on Ricochet while he’s down. We see Lana and Zelina Vega cheering on the heels from ringside. Nakamura tags in for the double team on Ricochet. Rusev hits a suplex on Ricochet and Andrade tags in for the running knee double team. Ricochet still kicks out at 2.
Andrade takes Ricochet to the corner but he tries fighting out as Rusev tags in. Rusev keeps the offense going on Ricochet as fans try to rally for Ricochet. Ricochet finally leaps and nails a neckbreaker. Ali tags in and beats on Rusev. Ali with more offense and boots in the corner. Black tags in and they double team Rusev in the corner. Ricochet tags in for more double teaming in the corner. Black and Ricochet with more double teaming on Rusev. Rusev ends up on the floor. Black with shots to Nakamura and Andrade. Black goes to leap out onto his opponents but he puts the brakes on and sits in the middle of the ring like usual. Ricochet and Ali sit with him at the same time for a pop. We go to commercial with the babyfaces sitting in the ring while the heels are regrouping on the outside.
Back from the break and Rusev works Ali over. Rusev knocks Black and Ricochet off the apron to prevent a tag. Rusev splashes Ali in the corner and keeps control. Rusev runs into an elbow next. Ali with a big tornado DDT from the corner. Andrade and Black tag in at the same time but Black gets the upperhand in the middle of the ring. Black with a knee to the face and a kip up for a pop.
Black hits a moonsault or a 2 count on Andrade as Rusev and Nakamura break it up. Ricochet flies in with a double dropkick from the top to Rusev and Nakamura. Ricochet runs the ropes and flies out to Rusev. Ricochet with a moonsault from the barrier to Rusev. Nakamura with a big knee to Ricochet on the floor. Nakamura goes to the apron but Black knocks him off with a huge kick. Andrade rolls black up for a close 2 count. Andrade with a big elbow to Black. Ali tags himself in as Andrade sends Black out. Ali spikes Andrade into the mat with a hurricanrana. Ali goes to the top and hits the 450 on Andrade for the pin.
Winners: Ali, Ricochet and Aleister Black
– After the match, Ali is celebrating in the ring as his music hits. The others, including Black and Ricochet, are still on the outside recovering. Randy Orton suddenly flies into the screen and lays Ali out with a RKO outta nowhere. Orton’s music hits as he makes his exit. Rusev is in the ring now, putting Ali out of it. Kevin Owens suddenly attacks out of nowhere, dropping Rusev with a Stunner. Owens makes his exit as his music plays.
– Still to come, Shane McMahon will be here. Also, The New Day vs. The Bar and McIntyre.
– Kayla Braxton is backstage with The Usos. She asks about tonight’s title defense but they interrupt with a congratulations to Kofi Kingston. They mention their win at WrestleMania 35 and say something they never say – we need to win. They say tonight is about proving who is the best tag team in WWE today, no it’s about proving the best tag team in WWE history. They welcome The Hardy Boys to The Uso Penitentiary and walk off. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and R-Truth is in the ring with Carmella.
They talk about Kofi Kingston and Becky Lynch winning big at WrestleMania 35. Truth says not only was there the largest 7 second dance break in history at WrestleMania, but Carmella defeated WWE Hall of Famer Andre the Giant in the Battle Royal. Carmella corrects him and says she won the 2nd Annual WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal. Truth says that’s weird because she’s saying the same thing he just said. Carmella goes on about how one year ago she cashed in Money In the Bank and later lost the title but gained a friend, Truth. She’s excited about the future and what’s to come. The music interrupts and out comes WWE United States Champion Samoa Joe.
Joe enters the ring and Truth immediately attacks him. Joe fights Truth off but Truth hits a scissors kick. Joe is still standing. Truth with another kick and more offense until Joe catches him in the Coquina Clutch. Truth fades and gets sent out. Fans chant for Joe as he takes the mic. Joe says what stands before us is the man who destroyed Rey Mysterio in 55 seconds at WrestleMania. Joe sends a warning and says he may take less time to beat up any other Superstar in WWE. The music hits and out comes Braun Strowman to a huge pop.
Braun marches to the ring and goes right for Joe. Joe fights him off but they go at it. Joe goes for the Coquina Clutch from the second turnbuckle and brings Braun to one knee. Joe fades Braun as fans chant. Braun rams Joe back into the corner and breaks it. Braun scoops Joe for the powerslam but he can’t get him up. Braun decks Joe as he retreats from the ring, clutching the title on the ramp.
Braun walks to the stage as new WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions The IIconics come out. They offer a handshake to Braun but he just stares at them and walks to the back. Billie Kay and Peyton Royce head to the ring for a title defense and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get the same laughing bizarre buzzard promo that aired on RAW, possibly for Bray Wyatt.
WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles Match: The Brooklyn Belles vs. The IIconics
We go to The IIconics in the ring. They brag about their WrestleMania 35 win and say they will be fighting champion, against any team, any where. They introduce the best tag team they could find in Brooklyn, a team with a record of 45 wins and 0 losses. They introduce two enhancement talents – Karissa and Kristen, The Brooklyn Belles.
Peyton starts off for her team and we see Paige backstage watching on a screen. They double team their opponents but Peyton almost gets rolled up for a close 2 count. They go on and end up getting the easy win with after more double teaming.
Winners: The IIconics
– After the match, The IIconics celebrate their first successful title defense as the music hits. We see Paige watching again. Kayla Braxton approaches her and asks what brings her here. Paige mentions this being the RAW after WrestleMania and just one week away from the Superstar Shakeup. Paige says she just wanted to get a look at the new WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions. She says they looked impressive and jokes about them ending the undefeated streak of their opponents. Paige reveals that she will be bringing a tag team to face The IIconics next Tuesday night.
– We go to the ring and out comes Shane McMahon. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Shane is in the ring with his Best In the World trophy. We see stills from his Falls Count Anywhere win over The Miz at WrestleMania 35. Shane says we’ve had a good week and next week will be even better with the Superstar Shakeup, but let’s reflect on WrestleMania. He talks about some of the big moments at WrestleMania on Sunday. Shane says those thousands of people came to WrestleMania and tuned in for one reason – to see him take out The Miz. Fans boo him again. Shane says now that Miz is in his rear view mirror, and Miz isn’t here tonight because he’s tending to his dad George. Fans boo Shane and starts chanting “Mr. Miz” now. Shane says George had the audacity at WrestleMania to come into the ring and aggressively put his hands up, stepping in to Shane. Shane says he couldn’t believe it. He says Mr. Miz then punched him in his eye. Shane is sporting a shiner tonight and the camera gives us a close-up. Fans chant “you deserved it!” to Shane. Shane says he had no choice but to defend himself, which is why he put George down. Shane says that 68 year old baked potato face in the sun got exactly what was coming to him. Shane says they found out he is exactly what he says he is – the best in the world.
Shane says while we’re talking about best in the world, Greg Hamilton… fans start chanting for CM Punk. Shane just says “Please…” in response, and then calls Greg into the ring. Shane didn’t like how Greg introduced him and he asks what was going on. Greg says he came to the arena today and several WWE fans threatened him if he announced Shane as the best in the world again. Greg says he was a little afraid. Shane says this is Brooklyn after all but this is the best city in the world because he, the best in the world, lives here. Shane says Greg doesn’t need to worry about anyone but the person standing in front of him. Shane backs Greg into the ropes and has him announce him as the best in the world. Shane says the first wasn’t good enough. Greg goes again and fans chant for Punk again. Shane didn’t like the second introduction and wants another. Shane says Greg choked again. Shane walks Greg out of the ring and has him doing it a fourth time but he’s still not satisfied. Shane walks Greg to the stage but he’s still not satisfied with the intro. Shane gives him one more chance and says if he doesn’t get it this time, the repercussions won’t be good. Greg gives a loud, lengthy intro this time and it looks like Shane approves. Some fans boo and chant for Punk again. Shane tells Greg that was a nice job and sends him back to the ring. Shane dances around a few steps and goes right to the back.
– Tom shows us what happened on RAW with Elias and The Undertaker.
SmackDown Tag Team Titles Match: The Hardy Boys vs. The Usos
We go to the ring and out first comes The Hardy Boys, Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos are out, Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso. Jey starts off with Matt and they go at it. Matt drops Jey early on as Jeff comes in for a double team and a 2 count. Jimmy comes in after they take Jeff to their corner. Jeff turns it back around and tags in for some double teaming from the corner with Matt. Jimmy turns it around with strikes and headbutts on Matt. Matt fights him off as Jey tags in and Matt doesn’t see it. There looks to be a miscommunication between The Usos as Jimmy hits a Samoan Drop. Matt still kicks out at 2.
Jimmy ends up on the outside with Matt, taking control and sending him into the barrier as Jeff watches closely from the apron. Matt fights back but Jimmy sends him into the barrier and then the apron. Jimmy brings it back into the ring and keeps control. Jey tags back in for more double teaming. The Usos keep control of Matt with more frequent tags and double teaming. The Usos with a double team backbreaker to Matt. They both stand up and stare down Jeff as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Jey kicks out of a pin attempt from Jey. They trade counters and Jey drops Jeff with an enziguri. Jimmy tags in and goes at it with Jey now. Jimmy misses a corkscrew from the top. Jeff goes right up top and hits a Whisper In the Wind for a close 2 count. Matt tags back in. Matt goes to the mat and Jeff jumps off his back for Poetry In Motion. Matt with a Side Effect to Jimmy for another close 2 count. Matt keeps control but Jimmy blocks a Twist of Fate and hits a superkick. Jeff tags right in but Jimmy kicks out of his pin attempt. Jimmy superkicks Jeff down. Jey tags in and comes off the top with a Superfly Splash but Jeff kicks out just in time.
The Usos can’t believe Jeff just kicked out. The Usos go to opposite corners for splashes but Matt comes up tot he apron. He gets kicked off. The Usos leap for their splashes on Jeff but he moves and they collide. Matt tags in and goes for a Twist of Fate on Jey as the “delete!” chant starts. Jeff tags in and Matt hits the Twist of Fate on Jey. Jeff goes to the top and hits the Swanton Bomb on Jey for the pin to win the titles.
Winners and New SmackDown Tag Team Champions: The Hardy Boys
– After the match, The Hardys celebrate with their titles as the music hits. The Usos exit. Matt celebrates with some of his family at ringside. Kayla Braxton comes into the ring to interview The Hardys but the music interrupts and out comes Lars Sullivan. Lars stares down The Hardys as he marches to the ring. They do the same. Lars enters the ring but they attack him. Lars fights off Jeff first and sends Matt out of the ring. Lars grabs Jeff and drives him into the mat like he did to WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle on RAW. Matt comes in and Lars also drives him down. Fans chant “you suck!” at Lars. Lars goes to the top rope and delivers a big diving headbutt to Matt. Some fans chant “you can’t wrestle!” at Lars as he looks over The Hardys and exits the ring. We go to replays as Lars’ music hits. Lars heads to the stage and poses while talking some trash back at the ring as The Hardys recover.
– Still to come, our six-man main event. Also, Becky Lynch will be here. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened.
– We go to the ring and out comes new RAW and SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch to a big pop. We see stills from her WrestleMania 35 main event win as “Becky 2 Belts” gets praise from the crowd.
Becky says it’s been a big week and fans chant for her name. She mentions doing what exactly she said she was going to do to Ronda Rousey and Charlotte Flair in the WrestleMania main event. She goes on and gets the “Becky 2 Belts” chant going. She says that sounded like cause for celebration, so that’s what she tried to do on Monday. She shows us a replay of her run-in with Lacey Evans on last night’s RAW.
Becky says that punch reminded her she has a target on her for both belts and with the Superstar Shakeup, she’s pulling doubly duty at least for now. Becky says to bring on every last one of her challengers. Becky goes on about being a fighting champion and she makes her exit up the ramp. Becky stops and poses for the fans. She turns around right as Lacey comes out and drops her with the big Woman’s Right right hand. Lacey stops and poses on the stage as her music hits. Becky recovers and stumbles around while watching Evans head to the back. We go to replays.
– Still to come, The New Day vs. The Bar and Drew McIntyre. Back to commercial.
The New Day vs. The Bar and Drew McIntyre
Back from the break and out comes Sami Zayn to the stage with a mic. Fans sing his theme after it stops and he’s not feeling it. Sami goes to speak but he stops and says the people out here just aren’t worth it. Sami heads to the back and the match begins in the ring as the bell rings. The New Day’s WWE Champion Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods and Big E are facing off with Sheamus, Cesaro and Drew McIntyre.
Sheamus and Woods go at it to start. Big E and Kofi also come in to get offense on Sheamus in their corner. Kofi with a 2 count. More back and forth between the two teams now. McIntyre ends up launching Woods onto the top of the announce table with an Alabama Slam. Woods lands hard and screams out in pain. Drew drops down in Woods’ face and talks trash to him. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Big E unloads on Cesaro with big throws and a splash on the mat. Big E runs into a big knee from Cesaro. Cesaro goes to the top and hits a big crossbody but Big E almost gets the pin. Cesaro avoids the Big Ending. Sheamus tags in and delivers a big knee. They hit the double team White Noise and Sheamus covers for a 2 count.
Woods and Big E send Cesaro to the floor. Sheamus with the Irish Curse backbreaker on Woods. Big E blocks a Brogue Kick and hits a big clothesline. Kofi goes to the top and leaps down to nail Sheamus in the middle of the ring. Kofi rallies fans and fights Sheamus off. Kofi runs the ropes and leaps out to drop Cesaro on the floor. Kofi comes back in and drops Sheamus. Sheamus avoids Trouble In Paradise. Kofi slides out of a hold and hits a Trouble In Paradise on Sheamus for the pin to win.
Winners: The New Day
– After the match, The New Day begins celebrating as their music hits. Kofi goes to ringside and brings his wife and two sons into the ring for the celebration. We go to replays. Kofi raises the WWE Title in the air as The New Day celebrates with Kofi’s family. The Barclays Center chants for Kofi as the SmackDown after WrestleMania 35 goes off the air with the announcers hyping the Superstar Shakeup for next week.