Following this week’s edition of WWE SmackDown On FOX, the action continued inside the Greensboro Coliseum with the latest episode of WWE 205 Live premiering on the WWE Network from Greensboro, North Carolina.
Featured below are results of the Friday, January 17th edition of WWE 205 Live on the WWE Network.
WWE 205 LIVE RESULTS FROM GREENSBORO, N.C. (1/17/2020)
Tyler Breeze vs. Ariya Daivari
Daivari drops Breeze with a Shoulder Block before reclining on the top turnbuckle in the same fashion Breeze normally poses. A Side Headlock followed by a Dropkick by Breeze onto Daivari then dropping Daivari to the mat. Breeze then reclines on the top turnbuckle across the ropes himself. Breeze goes for a Superkick, to no avail. Daivari rolls to the outside of the ring just in time to avoid the move. Breeze still sends Daivari into the barricade.
Both men re-enter the ring where Daivari grabs Breeze by the hair and throws him to the mat. Daivari is sent flying over the top rope and back to the floor on the outside of the ring. Back in the ring once more, Breeze attacks Daivari with blows and kicks, trying to keep control of the match. Breeze hits a Jumping Forearm followed by a Back Stabber as he attempts a pin. Daivari kicks out at two. Breeze now frustrated gets Daivari to the top turnbuckle before landing a Slingshot into the corner. Daivari accidentally sends Breeze into the referee. Breeze stops quick before connecting. Daivari with a quick roll up for the two count, Breeze counters with a Superkick. Breeze finishes with a Beauty Shot getting the three count pinfall.
Winner: Tyler Breeze
Jack Gallagher reads a list of demands in order for him to return to action. Some of the demands include Wrestlemania in London, a brandy glass full of brown M&M’s, and other outlandish demands.
Sunil Singh vs. Lio Rush
Rush makes his way to the ring first as his music sounds in the arena and he heads down the ramp, entering the ring. Out next are the Singh Brothers as they dance their way down the ramp as usual, as Rush lands a Suicide Dive onto the Singh Brothers. Rush then throws Sunil into the ring and drops him to the mat with an Up Kick. Rush follows up with a Michinoku Driver and attempts the pin, Sunil kicks out. Samir is able to grab the attention of Rush as Sunil throws Rush off of the apron, sending him directly into the ring post.
Lio Rush fighting back as Sunil remains in control with a backwards Power Slam, Sunil makes his way to the second turnbuckle where he stops to do a hip jirating dance as Samir is “recording” the Elbow Drop for their Bollywood movie. Rush makes his way back to his feet and lands a Jawbreaker on Sunil, followed by a Dropkick, ending with a Clothesline before sending Sunil onto the apron. Rush with a boot to the chin. Rush building momentum towards the end of this match. Rush kicks Sunil off the apron. Samir and Sunil with “Singh magic” tries to trade places, the referee clearly notices. Samir is ejected from ringside. Rush drops Sunil as he makes his way back in the ring. Rush with a Come Up, then makes his way to the top where he hits the Final Hour for the win.
Winner: Lio Rush
Isaiah “Swerve” Scott vs Raul Mendoza
Both men make their way to the ring, the bell rings and the match begins. Arm Drags exchanged between the two men as they mock one another. Mendoza is taken down by Scott. Scott lands a Dropkick before following up with his Hurricanrana on Mendoza. Mendoza hits a Baseball Slide before pushing Scott back into the ring. Mendoza hits a Running Clothesline followed by a Basement Dropkick. Mendoza attempts a pin, Scott kicks out at two.
Mendoza connects with a blow to the jaw of Scott. Mendoza with a Springboard Moonsault, Scott kicks out. Mendoza sitting up, looking shocked as he wipes his face with both hands. Both men stagger back to their feet and exchange blows. Mendoza makes his way to the top and walks along the top rope like a tight rope and he lands on Scott inside the ring with a Dropkick. Mendoza with another high flying move as he lands a Splash on Scott. Scott with a Flying Knee followed by House Call for the victory.
Isaiah “Swerve” Scott
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing
- Matt Riddle’s #SpeakingOut Accuser Says She Has New Evidence
- WWE Renames Extreme Rules Pay Per View Once Again
- Sarah Logan To Make Huge Announcement Tomorrow
- Konnan Talks About CM Punk Negotiating With AEW: “He Was Asking For Too Much”
- Jeff Jarrett Trial Against IMPACT Wrestling Set To Begin This Morning
- Arn Anderson On Why John Cena Didn’t Want The WWE To Sign A.J. Styles
- Sting Teases Possible Return to the Ring for WWE?
- WWE Reportedly Purchases EVOLVE, New Wrestlers Being Signed, WWE Picks Up Video Libraries, Gabe Sapolsky’s Indie Career Ends, More
- Charlotte Flair Lands PWI Magazine Cover with Look Similar to Ric Flair Cover
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?