The final round for New Japan Pro Wrestling’s New Japan Cup tournament has been determined.
Los Ingobernables member EVIL will be taking on former IWGP Heavyweight champion Kazuchika Okada on July 11th from Osaka-jo Hall with limited fans in attendance. The winner faces double-champion Tetsuya Naito at the Dominion pay per view the following day.
EVIL was able to best his fellow LIJ partner SANADA in the semifinals, while Okada submitted Junior-Heavyweight champion Hiromu Takahashi with his cobra-clutch finisher that he’s utilized since the start of the tournament.
NJPW returned to action with the New Japan Cup tournament following a shutdown of operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic back in February.
- Full Details on New WWE President & CFO Nick Khan’s Contract – Pay, Company Benefits, More
- Sammy Guevara Reportedly Used Wrong Chair on Matt Hardy In AEW Dynamite Spot, Matt Lashes Out on Twitter
- WWE Producer Pat Buck Posts Message for Those Who Don’t Know About His Career
- AEW Star No Longer on Twitter After Criticism from Fans
- The Rock Responds to Daniel Bryan’s Tweet About a Possible Match
- Arn Anderson Says He Knew Horsewomen Would Be Stars, Questions WWE’s “Idiot” Choice To Have Charlotte Lose Her Raw Debut
- Hornswoggle On The Longest He’s Ever Spent Hiding Under A Ring
- XFL Creditors File Motion Objecting to Purchase By The Rock and His Partners
- Chris Jericho Reveals That The Dark Order’s John Silver and Alex Reynolds Have Officially Signed AEW Contracts
- Update On Matt Hardy Getting Busted Open On AEW Dynamite
- Adam Cole Storms Out of Pat McAfee Interview After Incident
- WWE RAW Superstar Ties the Knot This Week
- IMPACT Notes: Update On Aces & Eights, Rumor Killer On Rusev, ECW Legend At Tapings and more
- Jon Moxley Talks WWE Handing Wrestlers Scripted Promos, Calls Vince McMahon A Madman
- Rusev Already Banned from Streaming on Twitch