WWE NXT announcer Nigel McGuinness was reportedly furloughed last month.
It was recently reported that Nigel wasn’t calling the weekly NXT broadcasts with Mauro Ranallo and WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix because of reasons related to the coronavirus pandemic, but that’s not the case, according to a new report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Mauro and Beth have been recording their commentary away from the Performance Center, which led to speculation on why Nigel couldn’t do the same.
Now it’s being reported by the Observer that Nigel has been away because he’s one of the employees who were furloughed back in mid-April when WWE made several company-wide cuts and furloughs due to the negative impact of COVID-19.
There’s no word yet on when Nigel will be brought back from furlough or why WWE chose a current member of an announce team for furlough, but we will keep you updated.
- Drew McIntyre Says He Had To Talk Heath Slater Into Making Raw Appearance: “Mentally He Has Moved On”
- Kevin Owens Reportedly Approached Vince McMahon Regarding The Lack Of Medical Masks At The Performance Center
- Chris Jericho Says He Never Had A Problem Working With Ryback, Lists WWE Stars Who Were A Little More Difficult
- New Details on What Happened During Matt Riddle’s WWE SmackDown Debut Segment
- EC3 On Whether He Regrets Signing With WWE, Says He Wishes He Could Have Faced Orton Or Cena, Creative Ideas Pitched and more
- Rey Mysterio No Longer Under Contract With WWE, Extreme Rules Grudge Match Against Seth Rollins To Be Announced?
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Arn Anderson Recalls The Shield Being A Dominant Faction, Says WWE Should Just Let Seth Rollins Do His Thing
- Dave Crist Reportedly Removed From IMPACT Locker Room After Failing To Apologize To Rich Swann For Injury
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?