– We’re live from Memphis, Tennessee with Tom Phillips, Byron Saxton and Corey Graves.
– SmackDown General Manager Paige is in the ring with Charlotte Flair, Naomi, Becky Lynch and Lana for the women’s MITB Summit.
The segment ends with Billie Kay and Peyton Royce interrupting. Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose are also out as a brawl starts.
– Daniel Bryan is shown backstage getting ready. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and an eight-woman match is made for later.
Daniel Bryan vs. Shelton Benjamin
We go to the ring and out first comes Daniel Bryan to a big pop. Greg Hamilton introduces Shelton Benjamin and out he comes.
The bell rings and they lock up. Benjamin strikes first and goes to work, taking Bryan to the corner. Benjamin works Bryan into another corner. Bryan counters and lands on his feet. Bryan runs the ropes and Benjamin goes down off a shoulder. Bryan goes for an early Yes Lock but Benjamin blocks it and looks to turn it back around. Bryan takes Benjamin down to the mat by his arm as fans chant his name.
More back and forth between the two. Benjamin dumps Bryan to the apron and then knocks him to the floor with a shot to the knee. The referee counts as Bryan clutches his knee out on the floor. We get a replay. Benjamin goes to the floor and drives Bryan’s knee down into the announce table. Bryan yells out in pain and clutches his knee as Benjamin stands tall. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Benjamin has Bryan down in a half-crab after shutting down a Bryan comeback attempt. Bryan finally makes it to the rope and breaks the hold. Bryan looks to mount some offense now. Bryan with a Dragon Screw leg whip. Bryan gets the crowd to rally as he unloads with “yes!” kicks to Benjamin now. Bryan backs Benjamin into the corner with the kicks. Bryan ends up delivering the running knee and dropping Benjamin again.
Bryan takes Benjamin to the top but Benjamin slides out. Benjamin connects with a big knee. Benjamin climbs up now and hits the superplex. Bryan kicks out at 2. Benjamin rocks Bryan as he gets to his feet. Bryan counters Paydirt and goes for The Yes Lock. Benjamin turns it around and goes back to the half-crab in the middle of the ring.
They continue to tangle on the mat until Bryan drops Benjamin into the Heel Hook. Benjamin taps out for the finish.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Bryan stands tall and hits the corner to pose as his music chants. Bryan leads the “yes!” chants now.
– The announcers go over the WWE Money In the Bank card.
– WWE Champion AJ Styles is backstage in the locker room getting ready. Back to commercial.
– Paige is backstage walking when she sees Asuka. Asuka wants SmackDown Women’s Champion Carmella tonight. Paige says she can’t do that but she will change the eight-woman match to a ten-woman match, putting Asuka and Carmella in it. Paige asks if that’s good for Asuka and she says it is, but bad for Carmella. Paige finds The Miz wearing his referee t-shirt next. He’s warming up and asks her if he can be the special referee for tonight’s Rusev vs. Samoa Joe match. Paige knows he’s trying to stir the pot and take out his competition for Money In the Bank but she’s not going to help him. Miz rants but she steals his “hand up, mouth shut” line and the crowd pops. Paige ends up making Joe vs. Rusev with Miz as the special referee. Miz promises to put in a good word for her “Fighting With My Family” movie with the studio as he walks off.
– We get a look at recent happenings between Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles.
– We go to the stage area and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler to a big hometown pop. Lawler talks about the Last Man Standing match for the WWE Title at Money In the Bank on Sunday and introduces his guest, WWE Champion AJ Styles. Styles also comes out to a big pop.
Lawler asks what led to AJ slapping Shinsuke Nakamura during the MITB contract signing last week. AJ admits he lost his cool again as Nakamura got under his skin. AJ asks if he should apologize and he says he’s sorry… sorry he didn’t knock Nakamura’s head off. AJ says this is SmackDown, the house he built, and this is what men do. AJ says we have rules and Nakamura will be disciplined if he doesn’t want to follow them. AJ says Nakamura can continue acting like a kid but he will keep acting like a man… the last man standing. AJ goes on and says he will walk out of Money In the Bank with the title. AJ’s music hits and he stands tall.
– We see The Miz backstage getting tips from a referee. Still to come, Samoa Joe vs. Rusev with The Miz as special referee. Back to commercial.
Samoa Joe vs. Rusev
Back from the break and out first comes special referee The Miz. Aiden English is out next to sing & rap the introduction for Rusev. Samoa Joe is out next.
The bell rings and they lock it up as Joe takes Rusev to the corner and unloads. Joe has words with Miz, leading to Rusev turning it around on Joe in the corner and beating him up. Joe ends up going to the floor for a breather. Rusev brings it back in but Joe sends Rusev right back to the floor. Joe runs the ropes and nails a huge dive to Rusev on the floor. We go to commercial with both Superstars down on the outside.
Back from the break and Joe has Rusev grounded as Miz checks on him. Rusev fights up and out but Joe knocks him right back down. Joe covers for a 2 count. Joe keeps Rusev back down on the mat as the screen splits to show a MITB promo. We come back and Rusev has Joe in the corner. Rusev whips Joe into another corner and splashes him. Joe comes out of the corner and floors Rusev with a shot to the face.
Joe runs into a boot in the corner. Rusev with right hands. Joe misses a clothesline and Rusev drops him with kicks. Rusev with a big running splash in the corner and a heel kick. Fans chant “Rusev Day” as English cheers Rusev on. Joe dodges the Machka Kick and goes for the Coquina Clutch. English gets on the apron and distracts Miz. This leads to Joe accidentally splashing Miz in the corner.
English gets knocked off the apron. Joe ends up dropping Rusev and covering for the pin but Miz isn’t counting the pin because of what just happened. Joe gets in Miz’s face. Joe grabs Miz’s hand and bullies him around. Rusev takes advantage of Joe being distracted and hits the Machka Kick for the pin.
– After the match, Rusev stands tall as his music hits. English goes under the ring and pushes a ladder in. Joe stands up and Rusev runs over him with the ladder. Rusev positions the ladder and climbs up for the briefcases hanging above the ring. Miz pulls Rusev off the ladder and drops him with a Skull Crushing Finale. Miz looks up and climbs. He grabs a briefcase and holds it high, bringing it back to the mat to celebrate with as his music plays. Miz takes the briefcase to the announcers and continue to run his mouth. Saxton opens the case as instructed but it’s filled with The New Day’s pancakes. Miz throws a fit and yells about the contract not being in there. We see The New Day backstage laughing at Miz. Fans chant for The New Day in the arena.
– Still to come, a 10-woman tag team match. Also, Hardy vs. Nakamura for the first time. We see Nakamura backstage getting ready. Back to commercial.
Jeff Hardy vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Back from the break and out first comes WWE United States Champion Jeff Hardy for this non-title match. Shinsuke Nakamura is out next.
The bell rings and Jeff goes along with a quick “delete!” chant from the crowd. They size each other up and stall some before locking up. Nakamura takes it to the ropes and they tangle into the corner as the referee tries to separate them. Nakamura plays some mind games in the corner and Jeff kicks him in the gut. Jeff takes Nakamura to another corner and another, keeping control. Hardy sends Nakamura to the floor but Nakamura stands tall on the outside and taunts Hardy, telling him to bring it.
Jeff goes to the floor and Nakamura tries to quickly run back in but it backfires. Jeff stops him and ends up sending him into the barrier. Jeff goes to the apron and runs, leaping from it to take Nakamura back down on the floor as fans pop. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Nakamura keeps Hardy grounded in the middle of the ring. Hardy fights up and hits a jawbreaker to get an opening. Hardy with strikes now. Hardy drops Nakamura with a forearm and hits the inverted atomic drop. Hardy with the signature leg drop and a dropkick for a 2 count. Nakamura blocks a Twist of Fate but misses a running knee in the corner. Hardy drops Nakamura in the corner with an inverted kick. Nakamura blocks the Hardyac Arrest and ends up dropping Jeff with a big shot. More back and forth. Jeff drops Nakamura over the top rope from the apron. Jeff fights Nakamura off and goes to the top for the Whisper In the Wind. Nakamura kicks out just in time.
Hardy goes back to the top after a leg drop. Nakamura takes advantage of Hardy moving slow and cuts him off going to the top. Nakamura with knee strikes in the corner. Nakamura goes for the Kinshasa but Jeff hits him in the knee and nails a Twist of Fate. Jeff goes back to the top as fans pop. Jeff hits the Swanton Bomb but Hardy clutches his back. Hardy finally crawls over to make the pin but Nakamura kicks out at 2. Jeff has a few quick words with the referee. Nakamura rolls to the floor but Hardy brings him right back in and rallies the crowd.
Nakamura stands up but gets kicked. Hardy goes for the Twist of Fate but it’s blocked. Nakamura nails a low blow for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Jeff Hardy
– After the bell, fans boo as Nakamura is all smiles. Nakamura waits for Hardy to get back up and he nails the Kinshasa as the boos continue. Nakamura stands tall over Hardy and counts to 10, taunting AJ Styles for their Last Man Standing match on Sunday. Some fans count along with Nakamura. Nakamura’s music hits and we go to replays as he stands tall.
– Carmella is backstage getting her makeup done. She says she pretty much woke up like this and dismisses the makeup girl. Renee Young approaches and asks if she’s concerned going into the match with Asuka on Sunday. Carmella laughs the question off and reminds us she left Asuka laying last week. Carmella also reminds us Charlotte Flair beat Asuka and Carmella beat Flair twice. Carmella goes on and says she’s champion, she’s not concerned with anyone. She says the women’s MITB competitors should be concerned, Asuka should be concerned. She says Asuka should be scared. Carmella says she’s ready for Asuka because Mella Is Money.
– Still to come, a ten-woman tag team main event. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Renee Young is backstage with Big Cass. Renee goes to ask about Sunday’s Money In the Bank pay-per-view but Cass interrupts, takes the mic and dismisses her.
Cass talks about how he was paid around $25,000 to appear at a theme park today to promote the launch of their new roller coaster. He brought back a souvenir – the height requirement chart to make sure kids are tall enough to ride rides. Cass uses this to mock Daniel Bryan over his size. Cass talks about the match on Sunday at Money In the Bank and says it won’t be a roller coaster, it will be a free-fall drop because if Bryan tries for one second to come up to Cass’ level, he’s going to come crashing right back down.
– The announcers go over the matches for Sunday’s Money In the Bank pay-per-view.
Charlotte Flair, Asuka, Becky Lynch, Lana and Noami vs. Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville and Carmella
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event and out first comes Naomi. Charlotte Flair is out next, followed by Asuka. Tom calls this the largest women’s tag team match in blue brand history. He sends us to a video on WWE and the 2018 Special Olympic Games, focusing on weightlifter CJ Piantieri. The video features Big Show interviewing CJ, his mother and others. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Lana and Becky Lynch are standing in the ring with Flair, Asuka and Naomi. We see Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce together at the bottom of the entrance. SmackDown Women’s Champion Carmella is out next to join them as the others stare them down from the ring. We see the MITB briefcases hanging high above the ring. The bell rings as Naomi starts off with Deville. Deville strikes first with a kick.
Lana comes in and slams Deville for a 2 count. Deville rams Lana back into the corner and in comes Carmella. Carmella unloads with stomps to Lana in the corner. Carmella moon-walks and goes for the Bronco Buster but Lana moves out of the way. Lana crawls for the tag and kicks Carmella away. Becky tags in and unloads on Carmella.
Becky with a dropkick and another kick. Becky with more offense and a kip-up. Becky with an overhead suplex on Carmella for a 2 count. Deville comes in but Becky kicks her. Carmella takes advantage but Beck drops her. Becky drops Kay off the apron but Peyton tags in and kicks her for a close 2 count. Kay tags in and they double team Becky for another 2 count. Deville comes in and double teams Becky some more. Deville stands tall and poses while in control of Becky. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Carmella works over Becky with Kay. They keep her in their corner as Peyton tags in for more of the same. Deville tags in but Becky blocks a suplex and rolls her up for a 2 count. Deville hits a big Spear on Becky for another close 2 count. Kay comes back in and keeps Becky grounded now.
Billie talks trash in Becky’s face but she finally fights back. This leads to a hot tag for Flair. Flair unloads on her opponents as fans pop. Flair runs into boots from Peyton but comes right back with a Spear. Flair goes to the top for the moonsault but Peyton gets her knees up. Rose and Deville come in with big shots to Flair. They also knock some of their opponents from the apron. Flair blocks a double suplex from Rose and Deville. Flair fights them off and tags in Asuka. Asuka with a missile dropkick to Rose. Rose fights Asuka off. Asuka counters a double underhook and locks in The Asuka Lock. Deville and The IIconics make the save. Chaos breaks out as everyone gets involved now. Carmella tags in but Asuka nails her. Flair goes to the top and hits a big moonsault to The IIconics on the floor. More chaos from everyone now. Carmella drops Asuka but Lana breaks the pin. Carmella sends Lana out of the ring. Carmella superkicks Asuka but it’s blocked. Asuka and Carmella trade holds now until Asuka applies The Asuka Lock. Carmella taps for the finish.
Winners: Asuka, Charlotte Flair, Lana, Becky Lynch and Naomi
– After the match, the winners stand tall and celebrate as we go to replays. Carmella backs up the ramp with the title in her hand as the winners embrace in the ring. Asuka’s music stops as the winners look around at each other, then up at the MITB briefcases hanging above the ring. Asuka’s music starts back up as everyone continues looking around. SmackDown goes off the air.
Top WWE Star Gets Backstage Heat, Big Plans for Bobby Lashley Revealed, Must See New Mandy Rose Bikini Pics, Possible 2018 Feud for The Undertaker, New WWE Titles Coming Soon?, Hot New Liv Morgan Gallery, Big Cass vs. Daniel Bryan Plans, More
- Sgt. Slaughter Congratulates Jon Moxley For Leaving WWE
- Update on Why Fenix Was Pulled From Double or Nothing
- John Cena Behind Large Donation On Shad Gaspard’s GoFundMe? Edge Promotes New Animated Series
- Eric Bischoff Discusses The Time His Wife Posed For Playboy and if WCW Women Were Approached
- Brian Cage Has Been Signed With AEW Since January
- Sgt. Slaughter Congratulates Jon Moxley For Leaving WWE
- Brian Cage Has Been Signed With AEW Since January
- Chuck Liddell on CM Punk in the UFC: “I think the trainers did him a disservice.”
- The Undertaker Admits He’s Envious Of Shawn Michaels For Retiring and Being Good With It, Says He’s Searching For That Clarity
- Inner Circle Pep Rally Announced For Wednesday’s AEW Dynamite