We reported earlier this morning that former NXT women’s champion Charlotte Flair is scheduled for surgery, with the expectation that the Queen would be healthy and ready by SummerSlam this August. Now in an update, it appears that she will be out much longer than that.
According to TalkSport, Flair is set to take an extended break from WWE following her surgery, with the plan being a return around January’s Royal Rumble season. Reports are that if there’s a solid storyline to bring her back by Survivor Series she may return then, but word is she’s in need of a break from the company and there is a “0% chance Charlotte returns for SummerSlam.” Angle-wise, WWE is saying that last night’s attack by Nia Jax will have her out of action.
Flair had been working all three-brands after winning the NXT women’s championship at WrestleMania 36. She dropped the title to Io Shirai at the recent Takeover: In Your House special.
- WWE to Release The Velveteen Dream Soon?
- The Rock Responds To WWE On FOX Asking Fans To Choose Between Him And Steve Austin
- Alexa Bliss Talks About The Women Stars Who Did Bra and Panties Matches: “You’ve Got To Respect That”
- Undertaker Talks Original Vision For Feud With AJ Styles, Finding Out His Brother Had Passed, Filming The Boneyard Match Offsite
- Big News on WWE’s Plans for Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman
- Michael “PS” Hayes Responds to Titus O’Neil Comments from George Floyd Press Conference, Titus Thanks Him
- New Report On Charlotte Flair Taking An Extended Break From WWE: “0% She Returns For SummerSlam”
- Drew McIntyre Insults Lana In Response to Her Comments on Sleeping with Him
- JBL and Bubba Ray Dudley on Race and Their Tag Teams, JBL on When Ron Simmons Nixed Storyline Idea
- Shawn Michaels Involved In Heated Argument at WWE NXT “Takeover: In Your House”