– Tonight’s WWE NXT episode opens up on the USA Network with the new intro video. We’re live from the Capitol Wrestling Center at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida as Vic Joseph welcomes us. He’s joined at ringside by Wade Barrett and WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix. Fans chant “NXT!” as we go right to the ring.
– Out comes Kyle O’Reilly to kick off the show as Alicia Taylor does the introduction. This is his first appearance since winning the Unsanctioned Match over Adam Cole at the “Takeover: Stand and Deliver” event.
O’Reilly takes the mic as fans chant his name. He says he faced the toughest personal and physical challenge of his life at Takeover. Kyle says he’s in a great mood tonight and that’s because he’s nowhere near Cole, he can finally be himself and it feels good. Kyle talks about how his work in the ring has always spoken for itself and now with Cole behind him, it’s time to move on. What is next for Kyle O’Reilly? He learned at Takeover that to succeed in NXT, you have to have a killer instinct and he found that. You have to be willing to go to extremes, willing to do anything and everything, and make the ultimate sacrifice in the ring to achieve your goals.
O’Reilly wonders if he continue to prove he’s The Guy, does he challenge for the workhorse championship, the NXT North American Title held by Johnny Gargano, or does he take his killer instinct and chase the most dominant force NXT has ever seen? He’s got time… a reference to NXT Champion Karrion Kross. He addresses Kross but the music interrupts and out comes Cameron Grimes to boos.
Grimes congratulates O’Reilly and says he made a killing on DraftKings for betting on O’Reilly. Grimes has some eyes for the new “Cool Kyle” persona. A few fans chant “Cool Kyle” now. Grimes has more ideas to help O’Reilly monetize his likeness, taking it to the moon. O’Reilly says he loves the ideas, Grimes is a genius and all these stock tips are great. O’Reilly says he found out today that he is now medically cleared to compete, and he just saw his first opponent somewhere around here… He looks at Grimes and says no, it’s not you because we’re business partners. O’Reilly puts his sunglasses back on and says no, Grimes is his first opponent. O’Reilly drops Grimes with a right hand and starts strutting around the ring as his music starts back up.
– We see Sarray arriving to the WWE Performance Center earlier today with her translator. NXT General Manager William Regal welcomed them but Zoey Stark interrupted. Stark is a big fan of Sarray but she wants to be her debut opponent tonight. Regal already had an opponent in mind but he asks Sarray if she’d like to face Stark and she says yes. The match is booked for tonight.
– LA Knight is backstage cutting a promo on tonight’s match against Dexter Lumis. We go to commercial.
LA Knight vs. Dexter Lumis
Back from the break and out first comes LA Knight. Dexter Lumis is out next.
The bell rings and they face off. Lumis stares Knight down and Knight talks some trash. They lock up and go at it. Knight takes it to the corner but backs off as the referee warns him. Lumis ducks a strike and goes to work on Knight. Knight drops Lumis and jackknifes him for a 2 count. Lumis decks Knight and works him over, dropping him with a clothesline.
Knight comes right back with a big boot to drop Lumis. Knight talks some trash in Lumis’ face but Lumis pulls him down for the Silence submission. Knight immediately retreats to the floor for a breather as the referee counts. Knight fights back in and launches himself over the top rope with a shoulder tackle. Lumis comes back with a high back-drop. Fans chant for Lumis now. Lumis taunts Knight and levels him with a big right hand on the floor. Lumis brings it back in but misses when Knight moves out of the corner. Knight with a neckbreaker.
Knight tosses Lumis out to the floor. Fans chant for Knight now as he stands tall in the ring by himself. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Knight has controlled but he runs into a boot in the corner. Lumis with a big Spinebuster in the middle of the ring. Lumis with big right hands to keep Knight down. Lumis rocks Knight again and hits a Bulldog from the corner. Lumis with a belly-to-back suplex in the middle of the ring, a kip up and a big leg drop for a pop.
Lumis with a suplex using the top rope to slingshot but Knight kicks out at 2. Knight fights back but gets tossed to the floor. Lumis follows but Knight pulls him face-first into the barrier as fans boo. Knight rams Lumis back-first into the edge of the apron. Lumis fights back with a big uppercut. Lumis sees Indi Hartwell on the other side of the barrier and he’s mesmerized, as if she. She apparently trips but recovers as they keep staring at each other.
Knight takes advantage and attacks from behind. He taunts Hartwell as Lumis watches from the ring. Lumis launches himself from the ring to the floor, taking Knight down on the floor again. Lumis tosses Knight back in the ring but stops to stare at Hartwell some more as fans boo. Lumis comes back in but Knight immediately catches him with his modified Cutter for the pin to win.
Winner: LA Knight
– After the night, the music hits as Knight celebrates. We go to replays. Knight heads to the ramp and talks some trash to the camera. Hartwell slowly enters the ring now. She and Lumis are still staring at each other, apparently about to kiss each other. Fans chant “kiss!” now. The Way (NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano, Austin Theory, Candice LeRae) suddenly comes down and they pull Hartwell off the apron. Theory carries Hartwell away as LeRae and Gargano talk some trash to Lumis, who watches from the ring.
– Leon Ruff is backstage cutting a promo on Isaiah “Swerve” Scott. He’s done playing games with Scott, who has pushed him too far. He says the ball is in Swerve’s court now and it’s on him to make a move.
– We see Io Shirai backstage preparing for a sitdown interview. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix is sitting down with Io Shirai in the back. They look back at her “Takeover: In Your House” NXT Women’s Title win over Charlotte Flair and Shirai says it was the biggest night of her career. We then see footage from her title loss to NXT Women’s Champion Raquel Gonzalez at “Takeover: Stand and Deliver” earlier this month. This was her biggest and toughest challenge but when the time is right, she will get her rematch. Beth asks what’s next and she says rest. She defended her title for almost 400 days and her body needs time.
Shirai says she can come back and overcome the challenge of Gonzalez and… Franky Monet’s Pomeranian dog appears on the table and Franky is right behind her, asking how her dog got in here. Monet wants to introduce herself to Shirai, and congratulate her on her title reign. Franky has also been a fan of Beth since she was a kid. Franky didn’t mean to listen in but she’s open to filling in for Shirai if Shirai is taking time off. Shirai stands up and she’s not happy as she speaks in Japanese and stares Franky down. Franky says she doesn’t understand. Shirai says something about a cat and then walks off. Franky laughs and says someone is having a bad day.
Breezango vs. The Grizzled Young Veterans
We go back to the ring and Breezango’s Fandango and Tyler Breeze are out with a very British look and entrance, an apparent tribute to the UK, according to the announcers. Out next comes The Grizzled Young Veterans – James Drake and Zack Gibson. They are not impressed with the UK tribute. They also send a warning to NXT Tag Team Champions MSK and look ahead to winning the titles.
The Vets enter the ring and get ready to go but Breezango attacks and a brawl breaks out before the bell. They clothesline Gibson and Drake to the floor as both teams take their entrance gear off and get ready to start. The bell hits as Gibson and Breeze start things off now. Gibson unloads in the corner and beats Breeze around. Breeze turns it around and drops Gibson, then mounts him with right hands. Fandango tags in and rolls Gibson for a 2 count. Fandango catches a kick and delivers chops into the corner. Drake sacrifices himself in the corner so his partner doesn’t get whipped into the turnbuckles.
Gibson turns it around on Fandango and hits a suplex for a 2 count. Gibson grounds Fandango now. More back and forth now. Gibson and Drake end up on the floor. Breeze kicks them back through the ropes. Fandango runs the ropes and leaps out, taking Gibson and Drake down for a pop. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Fandango does a tit with Drake. Drake comes off the top and twists his knee. He goes down and the referee checks on him. Breeze comes over to see what’s going on, as do Gibson and Fandango. Gibson with a cheap thumb to the eye of Fandango while the referee is distracted by Drake’s knee. Drake is suddenly fine now as he goes too work on Fandango to boos from the crowd.
Fandango gets hit with an assisted double team dropkick for a 2 count by Gibson, and another. Back and forth between Fandango and Gibson now. Drake tags in and stops the tag but Breeze gets it. Breeze rocks Drake and then knocks Gibson off the apron. Breeze stomps away in the corner on Drake. Breeze drops Gibson as he runs in. Breeze takes out both opponents on the floor now. Breeze comes back in for more near falls between the two teams. Breeze doesn’t see the tag as they hit Ticket to Mayhem for the pin to win.
Winners: Grizzled Young Veterans
– After the match, Drake and Gibson stand tall as the music hits. We go to replays.
– McKenzie Mitchell is backstage with Indi Hartwell, who has requested time, apparently to speak about Dexter Lumis. She goes to speak but The Way interrupts and says this is not an interview, no one requested time. Bronson Reed interrupts and asks don’t they love, love? He believes Lumis would be a great addition to The Gargano Family. Reed makes it known he still wants Johnny Gargano’s NXT North American Title. Austin Theory steps to Reed and talks some trash. He says he spoke to General Manager William Regal and Reed won’t get another title shot unless he defeats Theory. Reed is up for it. He walks off and Gargano isn’t thrilled with what Theory has done.
Sarray vs. Zoey Stark
We go back to the ring and out comes Zoey Stark. We see Japanese star Sarray backstage now, walking through the tunnel to make her debut. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Cameroon Grimes is with McKenzie in the back. He’s angry about what happened earlier and says he’s going to put Kyle O’Reilly back in the hospital. Grimes reads a paper detailing how he won a bid on a recent NFT but it turns out that the winning bidder was WWE Hall of Famer Ted DiBiase. Grimes is once again furious over The Million Dollar Man as he storms off. We go back to the ring and out comes “The Warrior of The Sun” – Sarray, the former Sareee from Japan. Stark looks on from the corner.
The bell rings and they shake hands to start. They go for a test of strength and Stark takes control. Stark with a quick 1 count. Sarray catapults Stark for a quick pin attempt. Sarray charges but Stark takes her down for another quick pin attempt. Sarray with a dropkick. Sarray steps on Stark’s back and double stomps her. Sarray with a leg submission in the middle of the ring now.
Sarray rallies the crowd while locking Stark in the hold. She bridges the submission but Stark makes it to the bottom rope to break it. Sarray ends up rocked with an elbow in the corner. Stark with a running low clothesline for a 2 count. Stark stomps and nails a suplex for a 2 count. Sarray fights from her knees but Stark elbows her back down. Stark with more elbows to the shoulders to keep Sarray down for another 2 count.
Stark takes it to the corner as fans do dueling chants. Stark works Sarray over. Sarray fights back but Stark rocks her. Stark takes Sarray back down and grounds her by her arms from behind. Sarray fights back to her feet but can’t get free. She rams Stark back into the corner but Stark slams her into the turnbuckles. Sarray ends up dropkicking Stark and knocking her off the apron to the floor. Stark comes back in and Sarray rocks her with forearms. Stark fights back. Sarray with more forearms. Stark drops her. Sarray shows some frustration and unloads with quick strikes now.
Stark meets Sarray with a knee to the gut. Sarray with a big dropkick. Sarray with another running dropkick while Stark is down, hitting her in the face. Fans chant “NXT!” now. Sarray with a Fisherman’s suplex in the middle of the ring for a 2 count. They both struggle to get up now. Stark with a big kick to the face and a Half & Half suplex. Stark kips up and nails her signature sliding knee to the jaw for a close 2 count in the middle of the ring. Stark can’t believe the kick out.
Stark goes to the top for the 450 but Sarray moves. Sarray rolls her for a close 2 count. Stark comes right back with a big heel kick to the head. Sarray kicks out at 2, and again as Stark shows more frustration. Sarray blocks and then counters a German. Sarray with a heel kick to the jaw and a big forearm. Sarray drops Stark on her head with a big suplex for the pin to win.
– After the match, Sarray stands tall as her music hits. We go to replays. Sarray helps Stark to her feet and they hug as fans pop. Stark exits the ring but Toni Storm attacks out of nowhere as fans boo. Storm destroys Stark and leaves her laying at ringside, payback for the recent “Takeover: Stand and Deliver” Kickoff pre-show loss. Sarray comes out and checks on Stark as Storm looks down at them.
– McKenzie is backstage with Dakota Kai and NXT Women’s Champion Raquel Gonzalez. Gonzalez says Io Shirai was a great champion but she’s plans to work hard and prove that she can be a better champion that’s just as tough. Kai interrupts McKenzie and brags about how bad they beat Shirai. They also have some words for Mercedes Martinez. Gonzalez says every woman in the locker room can step up but she will knock them all down until no one is left standing.
– Still to come, Kushida celebrates his title win and hosts an Open Challenge. Back to commercial.
– We see Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell walking backstage. LeRae tells her to stop being distracted by boys. LeRae has a plan but Hartwell asks why don’t they just go see William Regal. LeRae says because he’s a saboteur. We see Dexter Lumis appear in the background. LeRae confronts NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart, and wants the titles. She talks some trash but Indi isn’t there to back her up. Indi has apparently ditched her for Lumis. The champs attack LeRae and beat her into a room to continue the beatdown.
NXT Cruiserweight Title Open Challenger: Oney Lorcan vs. Kushida
We get a video package on Kushida winning the NXT Cruiserweight Title from Santos Escobar last week. We go back to the ring and out comes new NXT Cruiserweight Champion, paying tribute to WWE Hall of Famer Jushin Thunder Liger again. Kushida takes the mic and says last week he won the title in an Open Challenge, so he will give the same opportunity this week.
Kushida raises the title in the air and asks who wants a shot. The music hits and out comes Oney Lorcan to boos. The bell hits and they lock up, going to the corner. Kushida no longer has boots on in the ring. Kushida takes Lorcan down to work on the leg. They tangle and Lorcan takes Kushida down with a leg scissors. Kushida with a surfboard submission now but Lorcan turns it into a pin attempt. Lorcan goes into an armbar now.
The back & forth on the mat continues. Lorcan claws at Kushida’s face but they get up and Kushida delivers a stiff kick. Lorcan dodges another kick and grounds Kushida with a headlock. They run the ropes and Kushida takes Lorcan down into a cross armbreaker. Lorcan quickly breaks it by getting the bottom rope. Lorcan goes to the top but Kushida kicks him, sending him to the floor. Kushida stands tall in the ring while Lorcan is down at ringside. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Lorcan has control of Kushida. Kushida fights free but Lorcan knees him. Kushida with kicks now. Lorcan ends up nailing a big charging uppercut for a 2 count. Lorcan drops Kushida with a big knee to the gut for another 2 count, and another. Lorcan shows some frustration now. Lorcan with an abdominal stretch in the middle of the ring now.
Kushida fights free with elbows. Lorcan with a running uppercut in the strike. He runs again but Kushida drops him. Kushida with a big shot to the jaw in the corner. Kushida unloads with more strikes in the corner. Lorcan runs into an elbow in the corner. Kushida goes to the top and delivers a knee to the elbows. Lorcan blocks the armbar and they tangle again. Lorcan with another big uppercut and a Blockbuster. Lorcan is slow to make the cover and Kushida kicks out at 2.
Lorcan with huge chops to the chest but Kushida just takes them. Kushida with a right hand, a hip toss and a cartwheel into a dropkick while Lorcan is down. Kushida with a big kick and more strikes. He applies the Hoverboard Lock and takes Lorcan to the mat with it. Lorcan taps out.
– After the match, Kushida stands tall as his music hits. We go to replays. Kushida poses in the corner with the title. The Legado del Fantasma music interrupts and out comes Santos Escobar down the ramp. Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde attack Kushida from behind. They double team him until Escobar joins in. Wilde and Mendoza unload on the outside now and Escobar wants Kushida brought back in. NXT Tag Team Champions MSK make the save as a six-man brawl breaks out now. MSK sends Wilde and Mendoza to the floor and Kushida sends Escobar out. The two teams face off and have words with the champions in the ring.
– Mercedes Martinez is backstage now. She cuts a promo on NXT Women’s Champion Raquel Gonzalez and says it seems like she’s scared. We hear fans in the arena booing Martinez. She says Gonzalez may be the champion but she’s still in the shadow of Dakota Kai. Mercedes offers to take Kai out so nothing will stand in between them and the title. Back to commercial.
– Johnny Gargano is talking with Austin Theory backstage about how Theory got booked in a match with Bronson Reed. Candice LeRae stumbles up and she’s all beaten up. Indi Hartwell walks up and asks what happened to Candice. She reveals that she saw William Regal and he’s giving them a title shot against Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart. Candice is in a bad mood.
Ever-Rise vs. Imperium
We go back to the ring and Ever-Rise is waiting in the ring – Chase Parker and Matt Martel. Out next comes Imperium – Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner with Alexander Wolfe. We get a pre-recorded video of Imperium cutting a promo on how they will continue to expand and dominate, continuing last week’s promo message from NXT UK Champion WALTER.
The bell hits and Aichner levels Martel with a big clothesline. He continues to unload and nails a belly-to-back suplex. Martel gets in a shot and then tags in Parker. Parker gets caught with a big fall-away slam by Aichner. Barthel tags in and he sends Parker face-first into the turnbuckle. Aichner tags back in and they hit the double running dropkicks to Parker while he’s upside down in the corner.
Killian Dain comes down and has words with Wolfe at ringside, distracting Barthel and Aichner, allowing Parker to roll Aichner for a close 2 count. Drake Maverick comes down to fight but Dain holds him back from Wolfe. Dain then carries Drake to the back. Barthel tags back in and Imperium hits the big double team uppercut from the corner to get the pin on Parker.
– After the match, Barthel and Aichner stand tall in the middle of the ring as the music hits. We go to replays. Wolfe joins them for the signature Imperium pose.
Kyle O’Reilly vs. Cameron Grimes
We see Kyle O’Reilly walking backstage. He stops when he sees NXT Champion Karrion Kross and Scarlett standing there. They have a brief staredown and Kross smirks as O’Reilly keeps walking. We go back to the ring for tonight’s main event as O’Reilly makes his way out. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we see what happened earlier to set up tonight’s main event. O’Reilly waits in the ring as Cameron Grimes makes his way out next. The bell rings and Grimes taunts O’Reilly. O’Reilly sits on the mat and taunts Grimes. They lock up and trade holds now. Grimes takes O’Reilly down and works on the leg. O’Reilly drops him and applies a submission of his own. More back and forth now as fans do dueling chants. Grimes takes O’Reilly down and grinds a fist into his nose.
Fans chant “NXT!” to rally for O’Reilly but the submissions continue. O’Reilly with two takedowns for a pop. O’Reilly works on Grimes’ arm again. Grimes fights free and drops O’Reilly, then slaps him and talks some trash. O’Reilly with a big knee to the jaw and a slap to the face. O’Reilly drops Grimes with a DDT to the arm. O’Reilly with kicks now.
Grimes with chops to the chest. Grimes goes for a roll-up but O’Reilly of course goes into another armbar. Grimes gets the bottom rope to break it with his feet. They tangle some more and Grimes nails a big German suplex to finally inject some excitement into the match. O’Reilly ends up on the floor selling the suplex as we go to a picture-in-picture commercial with Grimes staying on him. Grimes slams O’Reilly face-first into the announce table and talks some trash to the announcers.
Back from the break and fans chant “NXT!” while Grimes has O’Reilly grounded in the ring now. O’Reilly fights out and they trade strikes. Grimes levels O’Reilly for another 2 count. Fans chant “this is awesome!” now but they must be watching something else. Grimes with kicks to keep O’Reilly in the corner. Grimes whips O’Reilly hard into the turnbuckles and he goes back down for a 2 count. Grimes shows some frustration now and O’Reilly clutches his neck.
Grimes grounds O’Reilly again in the middle of the ring, pulling back on the hurt neck. O’Reilly fights up and out but Grimes drops him with a shoulder. They run the ropes and O’Reilly nails a knee to the gut to bring Grimes down. O’Reilly unloads with strikes and takes Grimes down. O’Reilly with a running forearm into the corner. O’Reilly snaps the arm back and nails a suplex into a heel hook but Grimes gets to the bottom rope to break it. O’Reilly kicks Grimes’ leg out and he goes back down.
O’Reilly stalks Grimes some more but misses a kick, then eats an elbow. Grimes scoops O’Reilly but O’Reilly fights out and they tangle. O’Reilly fades Grimes with a hold and puts him to sleep on his knees. O’Reilly with a big knee strike. Grimes counters a move and drops O’Reilly in the middle of the ring with a tilt-a-whirl slam for another close 2 count. Grimes goes for another German suplex but O’Reilly fights back. O’Reilly goes for the heel hook again but Grimes reverses for a 2 count.
Grimes with a big knee strike. O’Reilly comes back with a knee to the jaw. Grimes with a forearm. O’Reilly with a knee to the gut and a kick that’s missed. They collide in mid-air as Grimes hits the crossbody and covers for a 2 count. Grimes can’t believe it. The Cave In is countered as they trade offense now. O’Reilly with a big clothesline and more strikes. O’Reilly with a Brainbuster in the middle of the ring. O’Reilly goes to the top and nails the knee drop to the back for the pin to win.
Winner: Kyle O’Reilly
– After the match, O’Reilly stands tall as his music hits. NXT finally goes off the air with O’Reilly looking out at the crowd.