– The WWE Money In the Bank go-home edition of SmackDown on FOX opens up live from the Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona as Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined at ringside with Pat McAfee. They hype tonight’s show as we see Men’s Money In the Bank Ladder Match participants in the background, and ladders all around the ringside area.
– The ring is full of ladders with five of the six confirmed Men’s Money In the Bank Ladder Match participants sitting up high – Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Riddle, Sami Zayn. Omos is standing near the turnbuckles, and not sitting up on a ladder.
Rollins speaks first and welcomes Phoenix to SmackDown. Rollins goes to speak for everyone but several say he doesn’t speak for them. Rollins says they can all agree the best place to cash-in, if you do win, is during the Last Man Standing match at WWE SummerSlam, between Brock Lesnar vs. Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. Rollins brags about cashing in during Lesnar vs. Reigns before, and says it will be like taking candy from a little baby, either a little Samoan baby or a little Beast boy.
Riddle interrupts says he gets it but he’s going for Reigns and he’s looking forward to finally beating Reigns the dirtbag. Sami says that’s not happening. He reminds everyone he’s an Honorary Uce, and that means he will win the MITB briefcase and keep it in The Bloodline. Sami says Reigns’ title will be safe from these vultures as long as he has the contract. MVP is down on the ring apron. He says Sami is an idiot, and everyone is acting like they don’t see Omos here. He says Las Vegas has Omos being the odds-on favorite in the match. He goes on and promises Omos will be the last man standing. Sheamus interrupts and looks ahead to cashing in as well, but says Lesnar will be a different kind of challenge. Drew says he’s defeated Lesnar, and he will beat everyone here tomorrow. The music interrupts and out comes The Miz.
Miz reminds us how he successfully cashed in on McIntyre the last time he had the MITB briefcase. Miz says he’s the only two-time MITB winner and he deserves to be in the match. The music interrupts and out comes Ezekiel, who introduces himself as Elias’ younger brother. Zeke says he was supposed to have a qualifier on RAW with Kevin Owens, so if anyone deserves to be in the match, it’s him. The music interrupts and out comes Happy Baron Corbin. He says Zeke is as dumb as his brother. He tells Miz he’s also held the MITB briefcase and no one is as lucky as he is in Vegas, so if anything deserves… the music interrupts and out comes Madcap Moss.
Moss says he thought he and Corbin were done with the jokes because the idea of Corbin squandering the MITB title shot is hysterical. Moss says he’s here to step up and take that final spot tonight. Adam Pearce interrupts from the stage while the others are at ringside now. Pearce understands their pain and frustration. He calls on the crew to clear the ring of the ladders so we can have our selves a good, old fashioned Battle Royal. We go to commercial.
10-Man Battle Royal: Sheamus, Riddle, Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre, Omos, Ezekiel, Sami Zayn, Happy Baron Corbin, The Miz, Madcap Moss
Back from the break and the Superstars all face off in the ring as the bell hits. Riddle charges but Omos levels him as MVP looks on from ringside. Sheamus and Madcap Moss double team Omos now. Happy Baron Corbin and Drew McIntyre brawl. Miz works on Moss in the corner. Seth Rollins and Ezekiel go at it. Sheamus brawls with Omos. Sami Zayn dumps Riddle to the apron but he hangs on. Zayn with a big kick.
Drew with big chops to The Miz against the rope. Corbin and Ezekiel go at it in the corner. Sheamus tosses Rollins to the apron but he hangs on. Drew almost gets Miz out but Miz hangs on and rakes his eye. Omos tosses Zeke with ease. Zeke is eliminated.
Sheamus works on Riddle while McIntyre works on dumping Miz. Omos launches Moss to the floor, and he lands hard. Moss has been eliminated. Sami sacrifices Miz, sending him into Omos. Omos tosses Miz over the top. Miz has been eliminated.
Riddle attacks Omos with strikes but Omos easily chops him to the mat. Drew meets Omos in the middle of the ring and they fight now. Drew unloads with rights but Omos grabs him by the throat, taking him down to one knee. Drew fights back up and fights. Omos drops Drew with a headbutt. Sheamus attacks Omos now. Omos launches Sheamus into the corner and smashes him. Sami tries to talk Omos out of assaulting him,but Omos drops him with ease. Rollins and Omos face off in the middle of the ring now. Rollins turns and runs away from Omos, then jumps over the top rope to eliminate himself. Rollins has been eliminated.
Rollins laughs after eliminating himself. Riddle comes back in but Omos grabs him at the ropes. Riddle applies an arm bar on the ropes to Omos. Sheamus and Drew come over and help Riddle dump Omos over the top rope. Omos has been eliminated. Omos seethes and stares back at the ring as Drew and Sheamus face off after teaming up. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Riddle unloads on Sheamus in the corner. Corbin stomps away on Drew. Sami creeps around the ring and avoids the action. Riddle runs the ropes but Sheamus levels him with a big clothesline. Riddle ends up getting tossed but he hangs on as fans cheer for him. Drew drops Corbin but Sami nails Drew from behind.
Fans chant Riddle’s name as he’s dazed on the apron. Sheamus brawls with Riddle now. Riddle launches himself back in, then unloads with strikes against the ropes. Sheamus stops the momentum with a clothesline. Sheamus and Corbin double team Riddle now. Sami works on Drew. Drew turns it around and beats on Sami in the corner. Sheamus takes Sami from Drew’s control and also beats him down. Fans chant “bum ass Corbin!” but Corbin catches Riddle off the top and chokeslams him over his knee.
Sheamus raises Sami’s t-shirt on the apron and delivers 10 Beats of The Bodhrán. Riddle comes over and ends up hitting Bro 2 Sleep on Sheamus, then the Broton. Fans chant for Riddle but Sheamus drops him. Sheamus continue trading offense now. Riddle with the powerslam. Riddle with Randy Orton’s draping DDT. Riddle drops down and pounds on the mat, then goes for the RKO but Sheamus blocks it. Riddle fights back from the apron and goes to climb back in from the top rope but Sheamus knocks him off with a big knee, sending him back into the barrier. Riddle has been eliminated.
Corbin holds Drew while Sami beats him up now. Drew fights back and drops Sami, then rams Corbin back into the corner. Sami charges with a Helluva Kick but Drew moves and Sami drops Corbin. Drew with a neckbreaker to Sami, then a kip-up. Drew waits to deliver the Claymore Kick to Sami, but Sheamus intercepts Drew with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus tries to dump Drew now but he hangs on. Sheamus goes for a Brogue but gets hung up on the top rope. Drew drops Sheamus with a Glasgow kiss headbutt, then a clothesline.
Drew with another clothesline and a belly-to-belly suplex, then another suplex to Sami. Drew drops Sheamus again with the Future Shock DDT. Sami tries to eliminate Drew but he hangs on. They tangle some more and Drew nails a big Claymore to Sami, then he tosses him over the top rope. Sami has been eliminated.
Drew fights Sheamus off and tries to dump him over the top rope now. Corbin runs up from behind and eliminates Sheamus and Drew at the same time to get the win.
Winner: Happy Baron Corbin
– After the match, Corbin stands tall and begins celebrating as the music hits. We go to replays. Pat McAfee, who challenged Corbin to a SummerSlam match last week, sarcastically applauds on commentary and congratulates Corbin for stealing the win. Corbin continues to play to the crowd, posing on the Corbin and laughing at the crowd as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Happy Baron Corbin is backstage with Kayla Braxton. Corbin is so happy that he won the Battle Royal, and that this is his life, so happy that he’s farting rainbows. He brags about eliminating everyone and imagines the looks on the faces of all the pathetic people at home, who will never stop complaining because they know how great he is. Braxton asks Corbin about Pat McAfee’s SummerSlam challenge from last week. Corbin changes his mood and just looks away, shaking his head. We go back to the announcers and McAfee talks some trash to Corbin.
– We get a video package on Saturday’s match between Natalya and SmackDown Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey. Megan Morant is backstage with Natalya now. Natalya says Rousey is all talk now. She mentions how Rousey has bashed her looks and charisma, but Rousey is one to talk. Natalya says she’s seen Rousey’s movies and she understands why Hollywood isn’t knocking Rousey’s door down. Natalya says Rousey has made several snide comments, but Natalya sees nothing but fear in Rousey’s eyes, because Rousey knows the Sharpshooter hurts, and that Rousey is not physically 100% right now, which is why she’s lashing out like a child. Natalya says Rousey can make fun of her all she wants, but Natalya isn’t letting it get to her, and this Saturday she will take Rousey down, then make her tap to the Sharpshooter. Natalya says she will be the first person to make Rousey tap, and become a two-time SmackDown Women’s Champion.
The New Day vs. The Viking Raiders
We go back to the ring and out comes The New Day – Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods. We see what happened last week to set this match up, with The Viking Raiders attacking The New Day and Shanky. Kingston and Woods celebrate and talk some trash in the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and The New Day is wrapping up their entrance. They take the mics and give shout-outs to Phoenix. They keep playing up to the crowd and Woods admits last week they did not have a good Viking Experience. Kofi says these are some dangerous Vikings now, and they are not playing. Woods suggest they . Kofi calls The Viking Raiders out and then gets the “New Day rocks!” chant going. The music interrupts and out comes The Viking Raiders – Erik and Ivar, now with their heel-ish looks.
The two teams face off in the middle of the ring now. Woods hands the mic to Ivar. He grabs the mic but The New Day attacks out of nowhere and a brawl breaks out. Erik drops Kofi. Ivar unloads on Woods while he’s down in the corner, beating him with shield shots over and over.
Ivar launches Woods into Erik’s shield and he goes down. Kofi gets back up but Ivar drops him with his shield. The Vikings lift Kofi high in the air for a big double chokeslam in the middle of the ring. They then toss Woods on top of Kofi and pose as some fans boo. Erik and Ivar exit the ring and march to the back while Kofi and Woods are still down on the mat.
– We see Happy Baron Corbin, Madcap Moss, Ezekiel and The Miz arguing backstage about the final spot in the Men’s MITB Ladder Match. Adam Pearce interrupts and yells at them. Pearce mentions that due to Kevin Owens being physically unable to compete… Zeke quickly interrupts and says he would’ve defeated Owens on RAW to qualify. Corbin says he deserves the spot because he won the Battle Royal tonight. Miz thinks he deserves the spot because he was on NBC’s Today show at 5am this morning, and he traveled 2500 miles to be here tonight. Moss says he’s just happy to be here. Pearce says you can make the case for each man to have the last spot, but there’s only room for one and we will solve this logically – with a Fatal 4 Way later tonight. The winner will get the final spot.
Battle of The Brands Match: Asuka, Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan vs. Raquel Rodriguez, Lacey Evans and Shotzi
We go back to the ring for this RAW vs. SmackDown match of Women’s MITB Ladder Match participants. Asuka is out first as Samantha Irvin does the introductions. Liv Morgan is out next, followed by Alexa Bliss. They all head to the ring together as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Raquel Rodriguez, Lacey Evans and Shotzi are already out, representing the blue brand. The two teams face off in the middle of the ring but before they can start, the music interrupts and out comes Becky Lynch. Lynch says nothing important happens until she comes around, and here she is in all her brilliance. Fans mostly pop. Lynch apologizes to Phoenix for sitting this match out and says after all she’s done to qualify for MITB, we will have to wait to see her fight. Lynch says none of these snakes will take her out but they all know she’s the biggest threat in the match. Lynch says she will lend her analysis expertise to the commentary table.
The bell rings and Asuka starts off with Shotzi. Asuka attacks and Shotzi retreats to the corner, then stalls. Lacey comes in and locks up with Asuka. They go at it. Evans ducks a back-fist and then whips Asuka hard into the turnbuckles. Raquel tags in and hits a big running splash in the corner. Raquel with more offense and a 2 count on Asuka. Asuka fights out of a powerbomb attempt but can’t roll Raquel up. Asuka with a sliding kick to Raquel.
Bliss tags in and stares Raquel down as fans pop big. Raquel stalks Bliss and tries to intimidate her. Bliss keeps trying to get past her but can’t. Raquel slams Bliss back into the corner and works her over. Raquel spikes Bliss on her head. Bliss side-steps from the corner, then tags in Liv to double team Raquel. Liv covers for a 2 count. Back and forth between Liv and Raquel now. Raquel catches Liv in mid-air and slams her as Shotzi tags in for the 2 count. Shotzi drops a senton and covers for 2. Shotzi keeps control but can’t put Raquel away. Liv comes in and ends up kicking Shotzi face-first into the turnbuckles.
Shotzi goes to the floor for a breather but it looks like she might be trying to walk away. Lacey comes over and has words with Shotzi as Shotzi is looking to walk out on the match. Liv runs the ropes and hits a suicide dive to Evans and Shotzi on the floor but it’s botched a bit. Asuka follows up with a Hip Attack to knock Raquel off the apron to the floor. Bliss then flips off the apron to take Raquel down on the floor. Asuka, Bliss and Liv return to the ring and stand tall together as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and in comes Bliss and Raquel going at it now. Bliss unloads while Raquel is on her knees. Bliss leaps from the top but Raquel catches her in mid-air, then carries her around. Shotzi trips Raquel and she falls. Shotzi tries to steal the pin on Bliss but she kicks out. Shotzi with more offense to Bliss for a 2 count. Shotzi with a running splash to Bliss in the corner. Shotzi uses the ropes for an Octopus submission to Bliss.
Shotzi launches Bliss into the turnbuckles with a suplex. Shotzi stomps away in the corner now to keep Bliss down. Bliss fights out of the corner as they go back & forth now. Shotzi with a Boston Crab to Bliss. Bliss finally kicks Shotzi away and in comes Asuka. Asuka ducks Shotzi and unloads with kicks, then a Hip Attack to knock Evans off the apron. Asuka drops Shotzi and gets fired up but runs into boots in the corner.
Asuka dodges an enziguri and then goes for the ankle lock on Shotzi. Asuka turns that into a German suplex. Asuka drops her again for a 2 count. Asuka mises a Hip Attack and gets stuck in the ropes as Shotzi moves. Liv tags in and drops Shotzi with a Codebreaker for a 2 count. Everyone gets involved and fights for a minute. Liv and Shotzi are legal now but Liv drops Shotzi with Ob-Livion for the pin to win.
Winners: Liv Morgan, Asuka and Alexa Bliss
– After the match, Liv stands tall with Bliss and Asuka as the music hits. We go to replays. Lynch gets up and rushes the ring, dropping Asuka with a Man-Handle Slam out of nowhere. Lynch quickly retreats from the ring and poses on the stage with her fist in the air, talking trash as Bliss and Asuka tend to Liv in the ring.
– Sonya Deville enters Adam Pearce’s office in the back. She says Pearce was wrong for putting her in the Handicap Match last week when all she did was ask for an opportunity. Deville says she filed a formal complaint against Pearce. Deville goes on and says what Pearce did was wrong but was she is about to do is wrong too. Deville slaps Pearce hard across the face, then walks off to end the segment.
– We go back to the ring and out come Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos – Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso. They will defend against The Street Profits on Saturday, but tonight there will be an Ask Me Anything segment.
Back from the break and The Street Profits are in the ring – Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins. Both tag teams have a podium in front of them. Kayla Braxton is standing at a podium in between the two teams. She says tonight the two tag teams are allowing she and the WWE Universe to ask them anything just one night before they do battle at Money In the Bank. The Usos are asked if they’re worried about losing the titles tomorrow night and what their cousin, Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns, will think. The Usos go on about how they’re confident they will keep the titles, so confident because The Bloodline runs all of WWE. The Profits taunt The Usos for denying they aren’t scared of Reigns, saying they know Reigns runs the show while The Usos just run to the food store.
Kayla asks if The Profits have lost their killer instinct. She also asks about rumors on Ford and Dawkins not getting along. Dawkins asks where Kayla got that from. Ford asks if it was the dirt sheets? They say probably. Ford dismisses this and the idea of them no longer having a killer instinct. Ford says they especially have that killer instinct when they get in the ring with The Usos. Ford says no matter what they’ve done to prepare, nothing will prepare The Usos for this hungry, starving Street Profits, and come Saturday, they will win the titles.
The two teams step around the podiums and face off in the middle of the ring now as the trash talking continues. The Usos go on about how they are up and they want the smoke. Dawkins says he likes that and tomorrow, they are beating The Usos asses and taking the titles, because The Usos are the twos, and The Profits are the ones. Ford and Dawkins raise their fingers in the air, while The Usos raise the titles in the air and the two teams face off. The Profits’ music starts up as the two teams back away from each other.
– Max Dupri is backstage with Adam Pearce now. Dupri says he’s so excited because the whole WWE Universe is excited and the whole world will finally see what they’ve been waiting so long for, finally the world will see the magnificence of Maximum Male Models. Pearce is a bit creeped out as Dupri is in his face. Pearce says yes, Dupri’s showcase is next We go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole sends us to this week’s Progressive Match Flo replay, which looks at how WWE Intercontinental Champion Gunther retained over Ricochet last week.
– We go back to the ring and Max Dupri is in the ring with a mic, featuring his own Maximum Male Models logo on it. Dupri is under a spotlight, and thanks everyone, saying this is a momentous occasion for his agency. Dupri says the MMM passion is based on passion and love, and is displayed by the most virile and athletic men in all of fashion. Fans give Dupri the “What?!” chants now.
Dupri says this moment is upon us and so without further delay, allow him to introduce his first model. We once knew him as Mace, but he went and found his love for fashion and now you can now call him Macé, styled as “ma.cé” and pronounced My-Say. The former RETRIBUTION member comes out to the stage with a new look. He walks the red carpet catwalk as photographers snap photos. Dupri talks on the mic about Macé’s look and physique as he poses for the photographers.
Dupri introduces the next model – Mansoor, who now has now found a love for fashion as well. He is now called Månsôör, styled as “mån.sôör” and pronounced as Man-Swah. He comes out with a fanny pack over his chest and a new look as well. He also poses on the red carpet for the photographers. Dupri talks about his look and how he has so much charisma. Fans boo as he turns and walks back to the back.
Dupri says male fashionistas around the world will be clamoring to join his agency but don’t bother unless you have qualities of the two we just saw. They come walking back out, this time together, for the encore walk. They stop and pose for the photographers as Dupri says they embody the creed of Maximum Male Models – to titillate the juices of your guilty pleasures. Fans boo as Dupri thanks everyone and his models turn to leave.
– Megan Morant is backstage with SmackDown Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey, asking her about Natalya saying she sees fear in her eyes. Rousey mentions how it’s been fun teaching Natalya how to promote a fight, and how to count as Natalya got the age of her daughter wrong, something a so-called friend should know. Rousey goes on and says Natalya can count on her to teach a lesson again at Money In the Bank tomorrow. Rousey walks off.
Men’s Money In the Bank Fatal 4 Way Qualifier: The Miz vs. Madcap Moss vs. Happy Baron Corbin vs. Ezekiel
We go back to the ring for tonight’s main event as The Miz makes his way out. The winner of this match will earn the final spot in the Men’s Money In the Bank Ladder Match. The announcers talk about how Logan Paul signed with WWE this week and said he was coming for The Miz. Out next comes Madcap Moss to the ring. Moss enters and poses on the ropes, yelling out to the crowd. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ezekiel is already out, as is Happy Baron Corbin. The announcers hype the MITB card for Saturday and we go back to the ring as the bell hits. The match starts off with everyone going at it. Miz with a 2 count on Zeke early on. Miz gets sent out. Zeke and Moss go at it for a few minutes now. Zeke gets sent out. Corbin attacks Moss from behind and works him over. Moss fights Corbin off but here comes The Miz. Miz drops Moss and unloads in the corner with stomps. Corbin comes back over and teams with Miz to gang up on Moss in the corner. Corbin turns on Miz and levels him with a clothesline. More action between the competitors now. Zeke has Corbin on the floor, then sends Corbin over the barrier into the timekeeper’s area.
Miz ends up out on the floor, in between Zeke and Moss as they take turns on him. Corbin comes over and sends Moss crashing into the steel ring steps. Corbin brawls with Miz and chokeslams him on the edge of the apron. Corbin then fights off Zeke as he attacks. Corbin grabs Zeke for a chokeslam, look at Pat McAfee, then slams Zeke on top of the announce table. We go to commercial as McAfee looks on.
Back from the break and Moss runs wild until Corbin takes him out. We see how there was a big four-man suplex in the corner during the commercial. Moss slingshots Miz between Corbin’s legs now with a low blow. Moss drops Corbin with The Punchline but Zeke breaks the pin up just in time. Zeke chops Moss now. Moss runs into an elbow in the corner. Zeke leaps off the second rope with a crossbody but Moss rolls through and lifts Zeke for a big fall-away slam. Miz runs over with a neckbreaker to Moss for a 2 count.
All four competitors are down now as we see the MITB briefcases hanging high above the ring, while ladders are placed around the ringside area. Miz with It Kicks to Moss and Zeke while they’re on their knees. He drops Zeke with a roundhouse but Moss catches the next roundhouse. Miz ducks Moss and hits the neckbreaker backbreaker combo for 2 as Corbin rushes in to break the pin up. Miz unloads on Corbin in the corner now. Miz charges but Corbin catches him in Deep Six for a close 2 count.
Zeke and Corbin go at it now. Zeke with a mule kick from the corner, then a clothesline. Moss charges but Zeke side-steps and sends shim to the turnbuckles. Zeke with big running corner splashes to Miz, then Moss, then Miz again. Corbin cuts Zeke off as he goes for another splash to Moss, but Zeke drops him. Miz breaks the pin up. Zeke drops Miz and catches Moss with a Spinebuster. Zeke side-steps Miz and puts him on his shoulders.
Miz slides out and drops Zeke with a Skull Crushing Finale for the pin but Corbin drags Miz out of the ring to break the pin, then sends him into the barrier. Corbin returns to the ring and stares at McAfee as fans boo. Corbin lifts Zeke and drops him with End of Days but Moss runs in before the pin, then sends Corbin into the ring post, which sends him out to the floor. Moss gets the pin to win and qualify for Money In the Bank.
Winner: Madcap Moss
– After the match, Moss stands tall and celebrates as his music hits. Moss is confirmed for the Men’s MITB Ladder Match now, joining Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, Riddle and Omos. Moss drops down to his knees and points up at the briefcases hanging high above the ring as fans cheer him on. Corbin is down at ringside, sitting against the barrier. McAfee yells at him and calls him a bum. Moss goes back to the corners to celebrate as the final SmackDown before Money In the Bank goes off the air.